Integrate newer MS Catalog

bartgrefte

Hi :)

Today I found out that there is a newer MS Catalog ActiveX plugin, version 7.4.7057.223.

Now I would like to integrate that in my XP installation disc but nLite doesn't support the cab file...

With the previous version, I ran into an addon that actually worked with nLite, but can't find it for the newer version.

Anyone got an idea about how to integrate it with nLite?

The cab is included with this post.

With regards,

Bart Grefte

MuCatalogWebControl.cab

Take a look at the the older version addon and apply it to to newer cab file. If you have a link to it, I can give you more details.

Take a look at the the older version addon and apply it to to newer cab file. If you have a link to it, I can give you more details.

The older version addon is different, as for the files in the cab, see attachment.

edit: after some more googling, the files in the addon cab are compressed, that's why the _ in the extension. Think I now know what to do.

edit2: Hmm, can't seem to make a cab file with nLite's addon maker...

MicrosoftUpdateCatalog_Addon.cab

Edited by bartgrefte

Ohw, okay.

Btw, the addon didn't work, getting framedyn.dll errors now, that file is not found.

I've had that before with this particular activex addon (but different version), don't remember how it was solved...

edit: not exactly integrated, but letting the batchfile (that runs during first boot) do this works :) :

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\DVD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:
ECHO Installing Microsoft Catalog ActiveX plugin...
copy %cdrom%\Install\Resterende_updates\MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.inf "%WinDir%\Downloaded Program Files\"
copy %cdrom%\Install\Resterende_updates\MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll "%WinDir%\System32\"
start /wait %SystemRoot%\System32\Rundll32.EXE "%WinDir%\Downloaded Program Files\MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.inf"
ECHO Done!

Edited by bartgrefte