Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

purpose of sysprep

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

boricua1111

boricua1111
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-July 09
I never used the built in administrator account. Is the only point of using sysprep with the built in admin account to load the entire system with a default image then sysprep using /oobe /reboot/ quiet so that the admin account is disabled again and someone can enter their own user account with that default image?

Excuse me for being naive but I never used sysprep before.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
You can do all that with any admin account, don't have to be the administrator.
I've done hundreds with Vista and seven.
I disable uac untill i get done in Audit and then it can be turned back on, mainly to stop the popups nagging ya.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 16 October 2009 - 04:28 PM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,893 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

The purpose of Sysprep is to prepare the computer for the end-user. It is an OEM tool. See when OEM installs Windows onto a computer the first time, it boots up into Audit mode. They make whatever changes and then use Sysprep. This is so when the computer is bought or delivered to the customer, they can set up their username, time zone, etc.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

tmcw33

tmcw33

• 11 posts
  • Joined 12-November 09

The purpose of Sysprep is to prepare the computer for the end-user. It is an OEM tool. See when OEM installs Windows onto a computer the first time, it boots up into Audit mode. They make whatever changes and then use Sysprep. This is so when the computer is bought or delivered to the customer, they can set up their username, time zone, etc.

How do you set in an unattend xml file to not ask to create a username but at the same time let you create a computer name? I've been trying to do this in Win 7 and thought I'd look at the Vista section to see if it has already been answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users