Katamari!

breadandbubbles

i have no newer game systems. id love to buy a Wii, but i always maintained that whatever i bought, NEEDED to have Katamari support.

now, to me, Wii was MADE for katamari! but, i havent found anything, BUT, check this out:

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/games/...ul+Katamari.htm

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5774973

ive got a good deal on a Wii lined up, but i cant take i9t until i know for sure...IS katamari coming to Wii? anyone know?

Well if you want to go all Katamari out, a Wii might not be your best option. I'm wondering how it will translate control-wise. Anyways, 2 Katamari games on PS2, one on PS3 (which is a combination of the PS2 games + goodies) and one on 360, one on PSP. So far nothing new has come out for non-Sony platforms. As I noted, the one on PS3 has all the same levels (and music) as the first 2 PS2 games. All other platforms use the same levels as well. If you are going to buy a Wii just for Katamari... well you shouldn't drop that coin for just one game. And as fun as Katamari is, they are still only (maybe) a week's worth of playing to beat. Then unless you have people to play against, they get pretty boring.

Anyways, Impress (GameWatch) doesn't have anything about Katamari on the Wii. Wikipedia makes a mention that it is planned for the Wii, and points to an article that makes no mention of it. MobyGames doesn't have anything about it either. There was a lot of hype concerning the 9/3/09 release of Katamari on PS3, many sites said it would be for Wii but it didn't happen. This looks like your real answer:

http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/beautiful-katamari-rumored/

However, it would be VERY surprising for a Japanese game to come out and not show up on GameWatch first. That url is:

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/

Warning! Its in Japanese!

well! thanks for the response.

the one part i didnt completely follow was your point that katamri might not work well on the Wii platform. i mean...are you KIDDING ME? katamari is like, MADE for the wii!

i dont know, thats my opinion. the fact that it isnt out means i may be wrong here.

you do have a point about playability though. i'll be honest, a lot fo the games ive always wnated to try are for other systems, like final fantasy, starocean, etc.

but i jsut dont have the time to take my gaming that seriously anymore. im way more likely to play team fortress 2 ove rfallout 3, and katamari or wii sports over final fantasy.

we'll just have to see then eh?

Well hopefully they re-tool the controls, because the PS3 version jacked the analog controls to make it drive like a track vehicle. Now if I get to drive the clump with the balance board.....

I am still waiting for wii Pilotwings (motor sports airplane), and I think they dropped screenshots of that at E3 2006.

and some wii kid icarus would be grand as well while I am standing in line for vaporware

I haven't had a chance to use the PS3 for the controls. They did make it a whole lot easier to do the charge move from the first to second game. In Katamari Damacy, it was sometimes impossible to do it. We Love Katamari it was a lot easier. This PS3 version does have one good feature, which is the ability to jump with the Katamari, instead of just the operator jumping. I wish I had that feature. IDK if the other additions, such as the Cell Shading or WoodGrainGraphics (I haven't seen this mode yet) are worth it. Likely not the music, as its all just remixes from the first 2 games. But I'm not in a position to even think about a PS3 yet lol.