Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

Nothing I can see in session. msxml6 was an update in that and would have been 2nd choice.

Yes event logs was what I meant, might uninstall, clear them all and try again. Surely must be something.

You are installing on root of drive? I moved mine to Progra files and it gave error and shutdown so that works here.

I can install xp 64 clean on another machine here but probably wouldn't help if it works in your vm.

Unfortunately I have to go to work in a few so be gone. Will try and think of what else might be.

EDIT: Make sure there are no folders with weird names like files there also like Appswitch.dat or Se7en_UA.ini, if so delete them and try again

Edited by maxXPsoft

OK,thanks again. Please see my EDITs above if you have not. My current msxml6.dll is version 6.20.2003.0, msxml6r.dll is 6.0.3883.0. This is for both 64 and 32 bit versions of each. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, here and on VM. Took all install defaults, including C:\ directory. Hope you enjoy your evening. Thanks, John.

OK,thanks again. Please see my EDITs above if you have not. My current msxml6.dll is version 6.20.2003.0, msxml6r.dll is 6.0.3883.0. This is for both 64 and 32 bit versions of each. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, here and on VM. Took all install defaults, including C:\ directory. Hope you enjoy your evening. Thanks, John.

Just found something and may prevent it from starting, I'll fix on next but check this reg key and see if its set to 0

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]

"1200"=dword:00000000

Just found something and may prevent it from starting, I'll fix on next but check this reg key and see if its set to 0

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]

"1200"=dword:00000000

maxXPsoft, I checked the key and it is set to 0000000. I am going to install my full nLited XP x64 on my VM and see if it also fails. I prefer to do my debugging on VM, not on my everyday machine. I'll let you know what I learn. Thanks, John

maxXPsoft, I checked the key and it is set to 0000000. I am going to install my full nLited XP x64 on my VM and see if it also fails. I prefer to do my debugging on VM, not on my everyday machine. I'll let you know what I learn. Thanks, John

this is bugging me.

Is the license file in the app folder? It does a little check on MD5 to make sure you not getting a virus

open the appswitch.dat and near bottom see if it writing the SystemRoot which will tell me if it made it past a bas module

[Vista_ABOUT]

Count=1

AppswitchCheckedOn=04/20/2010

Version=6.2.4

SystemRoot=C:\

only folders should be Help, REGadd, Tools on clean install

Edited by maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft, it is really bugging me too, but I think it is a problem on my system. As I said before, I installed my full nLited X64 on my VM. I then installed installed 7UA (6.2.2) and it opens right up. So, I am chasing the problem now and really appreciate your help. The only large difference is there is no security SW installed on my VM system. I will install CIS and see what happens. On the real machine, here is the bottom of my appswitch.dat (I renamed from .new):

[Vista_ABOUT]

Count=1

AppswitchCheckedOn=01/03/2010

WaikhelpLock=true

Waikhelp=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=F1BAE135-4190-4D7C-B193-19123141EDAA&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer

WaikNote=Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 documentation (October 2009 Update)

blackviper=http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm

ExamDiff=http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiff

WAIK=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=696DD665-9F76-4177-A811-39C26D3B3B34&displaylang=en

Attached is a screen shot of the 7UA folder. Thanks, John.

maxXPsoft, OK, CIS is the problem! After installing, the AV goes off on Huer.pck.yoda@-1 and puts Se7en_UA.exe in the sandbox. Even though I told it to ignore the problems and moved Se7en_UA.exe to my safe list, 7UA still does not start. I am going to take a walk now, think a little and go at it later. Sorry about all the fuss. I will report when I get a work around. Thanks much, John.

EDIT: This is turning into quite a fiasco. CIS is complaining about temp files, such as C:\Se7en_UA\is-7IDCD.tmp, C:\Se7en_UA\is-K0H48.tmp, C:\Se7en_UA\is-Q7OH2.tmp and C:\Se7en_UA\is-KCLBJ.tmp. After trying many things, I was able to get 7UA to open with CIS installed. It required me to run it in the Sandbox as Unrestricted - not attractive. I checked the Copy DVD box and it did the copy. There was one folder skipped - problem? Then I got "We have a Problem" about old WAIK being installed. The latest WAIK was removed when I first encountered the open problem. I clicked Yes and got an error that said wimmount.sys was not installed. I did a search and it was only in your folder - expected it to be in the System32\driver and SysWoW64\driver. When is it placed there? I went back to my VM, removed 7UA and CIS, restarted and installed UA7. Wimmount.sys was still not in the expected folders. Some of these problems are an understanding problem on my part and many are CIS problems. I will go to the CIS forum and see if I can get some answers.

I see that you do the DVD copy to the C:\VritualRoot folder. It also looks like you will mount here. I would really prefer not to have these large files/folders on my system volume. Is it possible for me to have this placed on another partition?

EDIT: What do I need to do to be able to start up again (delete C:\VritualRoot folder, etc), assuming I can get the CIS problems addressed?

Thanks for all your help. Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

I dont use C:\VritualRoot folder so must be VM. I copy the dvd to a sub folder of Se7en_UA\uaDVD and then mount to Se7en_UA\zMountDir. If you go back to dvd copy and delete it wipes them completely.

I do that for several reasons

a. My actual source copies is extracted to folders on another drive. I don't messup the original

b I don't want to copy dvd each time which is slower.

c. If I start over even to change x86 to x64 it is real quick to copy back again

is-7IDCD.tmp must be Inno installer temps

I gave up on NIS also cause it kept deleting sendtoa3x which identifies installers for silent switches. These things won't let you make any decision and change on your own as I believe they think we're stupid. :realmad:

I'm now running Avast Free 5.0

I dont use C:\VritualRoot folder so must be VM. I copy the dvd to a sub folder of Se7en_UA\uaDVD and then mount to Se7en_UA\zMountDir. If you go back to dvd copy and delete it wipes them completely.

I do that for several reasons

a. My actual source copies is extracted to folders on another drive. I don't messup the original

b I don't want to copy dvd each time which is slower.

c. If I start over even to change x86 to x64 it is real quick to copy back again

is-7IDCD.tmp must be Inno installer temps

I gave up on NIS also cause it kept deleting sendtoa3x which identifies installers for silent switches. These things won't let you make any decision and change on your own as I believe they think we're stupid. :realmad:

I'm now running Avast Free 5.0

Thanks, maxXPsoft. I now remember where I saw the term VritualRoot. There was some discussion on the Comodo forum about the spelling. The C:\VritualRoot is associated with CIS and its Sandbox. Since I had to run it in the Sandbox, I guess it copied all the stuff to this folder. The wimmount.sys is in there also. The term Huer.pck.yoda@-1 is the name of the malware CIS is blaming on Se7en_UA.exe and those .tmp folders. I have opened a ticket and a forum thread on Comodo. Any idea on why I got the old WAIK message?

Is it OK to install 7UA on my E:\ root instead of the system root? Is the skipped file OK?

I used to use Avast, but went to CIS to get away from worrying about two different programs.

Thanks, John.

The wimmount.sys is in there also. The term Huer.pck.yoda@-1 is the name of the malware CIS is blaming on Se7en_UA.exe and those .tmp folders. I have opened a ticket and a forum thread on Comodo. Any idea on why I got the old WAIK message?

Is it OK to install 7UA on my E:\ root instead of the system root? Is the skipped file OK?

I used to use Avast, but went to CIS to get away from worrying about two different programs.

Thanks, John.

Follow instructions in msgbox, uninstall old waik then come back and start again and say yes to install what I use and tell it later on reboot. My app is safe, the yoda is a compressor. I use that to help reduce size for those on dialup. I don't know how this will work in a sandbox

Any drive for install is ok

AVG is bad also with this but the NIS I had didn't have a problem with it. Just deleting small little helper apps i use for stuff made me mad, like sleep.exe to delay things and the sendtoa3x. With new PC purchase I had 18 months of service on 3 PC's with that so it's only installed on 1 multi user pc now here.

Problem with most them suites is they won't allow you to make up your mind on things

Try this app sendtoa3x by MHz and see if it thinks its bad http://users.tpg.com.au/mpheath/sendtoa3x/

maxXPsoft, thanks again for your time. I had removed WAIK (W7) many boots before running 7UA. The problem along with all others now may well be caused by CIS. I am working toward getting that resolved and think it is not worth our time to worry too much about the errors I got in my attempt. Since I understand CIS Sandbox a little better, it cannot be used to run 7UA. At least we are learning about 7UA and CIS. Thanks, John.

maxXPsoft, thanks again for your time. I had removed WAIK (W7) many boots before running 7UA. The problem along with all others now may well be caused by CIS. I am working toward getting that resolved and think it is not worth our time to worry too much about the errors I got in my attempt. Since I understand CIS Sandbox a little better, it cannot be used to run 7UA. At least we are learning about 7UA and CIS. Thanks, John.

John

It's no problem, I jump right on anything that presents a problem to anyone as best I can as long as they are willing to offer me feedback as clear as you have, although the language problem occasionally. From some my App is the most bug free of any offered here so I am trying to keep it that way.

Some of the workarounds I have done myself are disable or uninstall (NIS) Norton Internet Security and unplug the ethernet cable until I am done with my modifications and install it last during my UA so it wouldn't delete my little helper applications.

I only have ComodoFirewall in my list of applications for a UA install. Not CIS.

maxXPsoft, I am back and becoming a pain in the .... I had been thinking about running 7UA after removing CIS, even before you recommended it. This is the only way I could get it to run on my VM. I removed CIS, removed 7UA,rebooted and installed 7UA in the root of the E:\ partition. The DVD (really from a file I had copied some time ago) copy went OK (one skipped file - OK?) but the mount failed because wimmount.sys was not installed, same as the screen shot I posted before. I searched for it and it is in my SysWoW64\driver folder but not in the System32\driver folder. It is the same one as in your Tools\amd64 folder, the larger of the two. The larger wimserv.exe (x64) is in the SysWow64 folder. Ideas? Thanks, John.

The DVD (really from a file I had copied some time ago) copy went OK (one skipped file - OK?) but the mount failed because wimmount.sys was not installed, same as the screen shot I posted before. I searched for it and it is in my SysWoW64\driver folder but not in the System32\driver folder. It is the same one as in your Tools\amd64 folder, the larger of the two. The larger wimserv.exe (x64) is in the SysWow64 folder. Ideas? Thanks, John.

1 skipped dir with robocopy is normal, skips the folder it copy from

Running within a VM all bets are off, it may or may not. VM is not perfect, better than when I started with XP way back but not perfect.

XP 64 is only OS I have not tried this on but can on another machine here but will take a few days.

Syswow64 is the actual 32 bit where system32 is the 64 directory. The .inf has this where it installs them files and that's where it will look for them. Even Waik does this. You could try moving them but the registry may be pointing where they are now. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WIMMount

[DestinationDirs]

MiniFilter.SystemFiles = 11 ;%windir%\system32

MiniFilter.DriverFiles = 12 ;%windir%\system32\drivers

If you have the Waik from 7 it might work since it should install to the system32 folder.

1 skipped dir with robocopy is normal, skips the folder it copy from

Running within a VM all bets are off, it may or may not. VM is not perfect, better than when I started with XP way back but not perfect.

XP 64 is only OS I have not tried this on but can on another machine here but will take a few days.

Syswow64 is the actual 32 bit where system32 is the 64 directory. The .inf has this where it installs them files and that's where it will look for them. Even Waik does this. You could try moving them but the registry may be pointing where they are now. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WIMMount

[DestinationDirs]

MiniFilter.SystemFiles = 11 ;%windir%\system32

MiniFilter.DriverFiles = 12 ;%windir%\system32\drivers

If you have the Waik from 7 it might work since it should install to the system32 folder.

maxXPsoft, guess I did not make it clear. I ran that today on my real machine with CIS removed. I had looked at the .inf files and saw where the copies were going, so I do not see how the files got into the SysWoW64 and SysWow64\driver folders. That would be:16425 = %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64 ;(x64 systems only) instead of 11. I think I know the basics about System32 and SysWoW64, and that is why I was surprised to find the 64 bit driver in the SysWow64 folder. Unfortunately I do think you need to take a look at this. Perhaps just looking at the code will be sufficient. I will be glad to give it a test if you like. If I get nerve to try again, I will install WAIK (W7) again or just try moving the driver and wimserv.exe. The Registry key looks OK, value 'ImagePath' is 'system32\DRIVERS\wimmount.sys' in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WIMMount. The other values in the .inf are there also. Thanks again, John.