Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

maxXPsoft, Real Progress! I finished with no errors, cut an ISO (with ImgBurn) and booted it on my VM. I quickly got an invalid product key - thought 7UA never asked for a key and all Xs in the Autounattend.xml. Perhaps I have found the right combination of CIS settings. I placed Se7en_UA.exe on the Installer/Updater list. I tried to start over at first by copying from the DVD but kept getting an error from robocopy that no destination was specified (see attach screen shot). The jpg file also contains my last screen in 7UA. It did say I have one unsigned driver, so I need to determine how to specify force. I am continuing to experiment and learn. Thanks, John.

EDIT: Installs and runs fine after I stuck the default key into the Autounattend.xml.

Edited by johnhc

EDIT: Installs and runs fine after I stuck the default key into the Autounattend.xml.

Good, making progress

Do that at xml. add to PE and specialize pass starting out.

I got the dvd copy error also. I was trying to copy a dvd, I built it to put "" around path but had never copied a actual dvd. in Tools and cdcopy.cmd edit the path

robocopy "F:\" /MIR and remove "" if from dvd > robocopy F:\ /MIR

Fixed for next release

Ran all the way for me on xp x64 except don't know why I clicked Token restore but Pack error out on that. Can only use that from an actual 7 installation you working from

Edited by maxXPsoft

Good, making progress

Do that at xml. add to PE and specialize pass starting out.

I got the dvd copy error also. I was trying to copy a dvd, I built it to put "" around path but had never copied a actual dvd. in Tools and cdcopy.cmd edit the path

robocopy "F:\" /MIR and remove "" if from dvd > robocopy F:\ /MIR

Fixed for next release

Ran all the way for me on xp x64 except don't know why I clicked Token restore but Pack error out on that. Can only use that from an actual 7 installation you working from

maxXPsoft, thanks for all you great help! I will do some more builds and hopefully learn more. Enjoy, John.

Hello Max! ;)

For you: background_cli.bmp

My link

Regards

myselfidem, nice looking background. Will maxXPsoft need to integrate this. I find only one copy of background_cli.bmp and it is in the sources folder. I replaced it with yours but suspect it will go away when I do another build. Thanks, John.

myselfidem, nice looking background. Will maxXPsoft need to integrate this. I find only one copy of background_cli.bmp and it is in the sources folder. I replaced it with yours but suspect it will go away when I do another build. Thanks, John.

I do add all them things with Seven_UA

They moved my post from Unattend I started but this explains it.

Thanks johnhc. :rolleyes:

This image were found by MaxXPsoft and she's inside the "spwizimg.dll" and "imageres.dll" for x86 and x64 made by himself.

I've just resized this image for 1024x768

Edited by myselfidem

Some questions and a problem. I really need some more studying, but I will ask anyway. I did another run today after gathering more stuff for the build. I got a message that one of my drivers was not signed. I have sent an e-mail to 3Ware-LSI, but have not determined how to do a force install on it. I also got errors on the Catalysts .inf files and need to investigate. The error message said to look in <windir>\inf on the installing disk. Where is this? I did not understand how to use the Services Disabler, so I checked one, then clicked Cancel. It crashed with a runtime error of 13. Later I saw using 0 to cancel and close. I would suggest either the crash be stopped or the Cancel button be removed. I was curious about the OEMlogo so I clicked it but selected nothing and when it came back the default logo (Great one!) was gone. During the Unattended screens, I include the default key in the non-MAK space, but it showed up in the MAK screen. I had added a couple of applications to the appswitch.dat and left the rest. When I processed that page, the check boxes were there but no applications. I expected, perhaps erroneously, for the list of applications in the appswitch folder to be there for me to select the ones I wanted to install. I need some more study here. What does Set Service Also? do? Under some options 7UA copies stuff from my Registry or currently applications. Is this going to work as I am running XP x64? Thanks in advanced, John.

EDIT: Failed to ask: I defined a user account but could not determine how to autolog it. Possible?

EDIT#2: Found the log file in the Logs folder in 7UA folder. The Catalyst display driver has a bunch of compressed files (xxx.EX_, xxx.DL_ etc) and I cannot expand them using 7-Zip or the expand command. I assume that Dism cannot either. Anyone know what it takes to get these files expanded/extracted?

Edited by johnhc

On the driver you can manually mount the image with right click and try this force

E:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\sources\DISM /image:E:\zMountDir /Add-Driver /ForceUnsigned /DriverName:E:\Drivers\1.inf

Look at drivers.log to see what it said about the Catalyst. I have found that 7 gives real good driver support for most

Will fix the Cancel on disabler, since I built it I always know to set to 0

OEMlogo. Point it at the Tools folder and that one is there. This is built to change the name and copy correctly for the OEM I have info on. If you don't load OEM's at beginning it loads that one by default. I just fixed to look again at Tools if empty for next release.

Applications must be setup and you can add anything, I just added Office 2007 Enterprise myself since we will be migrating to that out at work.

Set Service Also? do? That actually sets the registry to disable the service on your actual running machine and also add the disable to your mount image. 7 has some of the same services that XP started with.

Under some options 7UA copies stuff from my Registry or currently applications. Is this going to work as I am running XP x64?

XP and Windows 7 use huge amount of same registry stuff. Most applications will add exact same registry even under Win 7. I try to make sure what I copy is same for 7. 7 introduces some new stuff but they are Vista/7 specific like background right click.

EDIT: Next ver when I get the language completed

' Fix if cancel on Service Disabler if don't set to 0

' fixed to look again at Tools if empty for oemlogo

' Fix to path for copy from Dvd error by johnhc

' Fix translated Services not displaying fully by myselfidem

Edited by maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft , thanks much. I will study your responses. I went ahead cut an ISO and attempted to install it. Two problems when I attached it to a running W7 (under VMware Server), it auto started and started coping files and DLing from the Internet. As soon as I could, I canceled it and rebooted from my ISO. The install got underway but asked for disk/partition information even though I specified this in the PE tabs. It then proceeded and after a restart BSODed but immediately restarted. I tried Safe Mode but also BSOD and quick restart. I powered down the VM. I have a mess. What we need, and I did not see, is the option to not automatically restart on BSOD. I hope you can give us that if it is not there. Any ideas on my Catalyst expand/extract question (I think I was editing while you were posting)? I had thought about manually doing the ForceUnsigned parameter for the 3Ware driver, but I am hoping you can give us that option also. I don't really need to get this driver installed right now since I am just testing on VM and I hope I can get 3Ware-LSI to correct their problem. Thanks much, John.

Sounds like an xml error

you can remove the key or whatever and attach and i'll look at it.

Edit: If I restart my VM it starts over so not understanding what you are doing there. I choose option to not save current state

Edited by maxXPsoft

Sounds like an xml error

you can remove the key or whatever and attach and i'll look at it.

Edit: If I restart my VM it starts over so not understanding what you are doing there. I choose option to not save current state

maxXPsoft, attached is my XML. Thanks, John.

maxXPsoft, attached is my XML. Thanks, John.

remove the <RefreshRate> in all places, I quit adding that some time back cause it would crash me for some unknown reason. I believe I had catalyst at the time

In oobesystem which I don't think your there but change the <UserLocale> to en-US, that won't crash but will throw an error.

When I bsod it happens so fast so I ended up poised with my digital camera just to capture the error, done vm 2 times before I captured error msg but chased it down to nothing.

From link above and the cmd file on a usb/floppy when it restarts you can hit Shift F10 and capture the log and then usually the setupact.log from Panther will tell something.

EDIT: when you click on the <RefreshRate> in xml editor it tells you "I had a lot of bad installs when setting this. May have been my Vid card."

Edited by maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft, thanks. I have to rethink what I am doing. I am getting the feeling that trying to do this under XP is going to be trouble and it also limits my choices. I am thinking of installing W7 along side XP. I will not allow an Internet connection, so I can run with no security SW. I need to deal with my 3Ware and Catalyst driver problems anyway and I am working on that now. Thanks much for all your help. Enjoy, John.

maxXPsoft, thanks. I have to rethink what I am doing. I am getting the feeling that trying to do this under XP is going to be trouble and it also limits my choices. I am thinking of installing W7 along side XP. I will not allow an Internet connection, so I can run with no security SW. I need to deal with my 3Ware and Catalyst driver problems anyway and I am working on that now. Thanks much for all your help. Enjoy, John.

you can use tool posted here to decompress driver files W7_DRVPREP also you are far better installing drivers first then backing them up with say DriverMagician.