Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

you can use tool posted here to decompress driver files W7_DRVPREP also you are far better installing drivers first then backing them up with say DriverMagician.

urie, if I knew what the .exe did and how it did it, I might consider using it. I found that the compressed files in the Catalyst Display drivers could not be decompressed with 7-Zip or Expand command. Thanks.

Using the latest Beta version of 7-Zip (9.13 Beta) I have been able to expand the problem files and inject them into an image using DISM. Enjoy, John.

you can use tool posted here to decompress driver files W7_DRVPREP also you are far better installing drivers first then backing them up with say DriverMagician.

urie, if I knew what the .exe did and how it did it, I might consider using it. I found that the compressed files in the Catalyst Display drivers could not be decompressed with 7-Zip or Expand command. Thanks.

Using the latest Beta version of 7-Zip (9.13 Beta) I have been able to expand the problem files and inject them into an image using DISM. Enjoy, John.

Sorry i forgot to add links have a look on these threads link 1 and link 2

Sorry i forgot to add links have a look on these threads link 1 and link 2

urie, as I thought, it uses the Windows expand command. I tried it on a few of the files and they were bigger afterward, but the names looked the same (xxx.ex_, etc). I assumed that the expansion did not work but did not try running dism. The released version of 7-zip did not work either (cannot open archive). The latest 7-Zip Beta (9.13 Beta) works just fine and I wrote a little batch file to expand all the files. They now appear with their original names and dism runs fine. I have not done an install and will not for some time as I am still learning the ropes and trying things on a VM under VMware Server. Thanks for your leads. Enjoy, John.

maxXPsoft, I was able to see the BSOD code - 07B. This basically means that the HDD could not be found. I do not know why this would ever show up on a VM system. I removed all drivers and my modified AutoUnattend.xml and it installed fine. Enjoy, John.

maxXPsoft, I was able to see the BSOD code - 07B. This basically means that the HDD could not be found. I do not know why this would ever show up on a VM system. I removed all drivers and my modified AutoUnattend.xml and it installed fine. Enjoy, John.

Yes, as I mentioned above I got an error code didn't make much sense and pursued or should I say wasted a week chasing it down to nothing. Have things happen sometimes just makes no sense especially in VM. Your best although not the easiest on the hardware is actual install's. With xp when I started doing UA VM was terrible and didn't support my then cheap Vid card and I done actual installs to capture real time error's. 3 or 4 hundred debugging with as many as 4 a day.

:lol: perhaps why not as many errors with my stuff since I basically survived the majority of them developing this so my user's would not.

I always say if a drive can't stand 400 formats not worth having, this is where I got that from.

And a Packard Bell 400 mb drive I formatted at least that many times trying to get stuff to install completely with Win 3.1

Edit: It's still running

Edited by maxXPsoft

Yes, as I mentioned above I got an error code didn't make much sense and pursued or should I say wasted a week chasing it down to nothing. Have things happen sometimes just makes no sense especially in VM. Your best although not the easiest on the hardware is actual install's. With xp when I started doing UA VM was terrible and didn't support my then cheap Vid card and I done actual installs to capture real time error's. 3 or 4 hundred debugging with as many as 4 a day.

:lol: perhaps why not as many errors with my stuff since I basically survived the majority of them developing this so my user's would not.

I always say if a drive can't stand 400 formats not worth having, this is where I got that from.

And a Packard Bell 400 mb drive I formatted at least that many times trying to get stuff to install completely with Win 3.1

Edit: It's still running

maxXPsoft, I was able to get my AutoUnattend to work, so now I am going to see if I can figure out what is going on with the drivers. Some things I did worked and some did not. I created a user account and AutoLogged it but forgot to make it an Administrator account, so I cannot do anything. I am impressed with your "It's still running"!

My experience with VMware Server has been very good. When I did my current machine (XP x64), the only difference was HW stuff, like the HAL was wrong so I only had one of my four cores running. The drivers all worked except for the 3Ware RAID text mode one and Fernando1 helped me fix that. Thanks, John.

The drivers all worked except for the 3Ware RAID text mode one and Fernando1 helped me fix that. Thanks, John.

But did it? I'd check the logs closely especially since you had that 07B

Could pause it at that point and do it manually

Not sure but there may be a file zMountDir & "\drivers.log" that I delete at end of Pack

Also one located here zMountDir & "\Windows\inf\setupapi.offline.log" I copy to my Logs location

The drivers all worked except for the 3Ware RAID text mode one and Fernando1 helped me fix that. Thanks, John.

But did it? I'd check the logs closely especially since you had that 07B

Could pause it at that point and do it manually

Not sure but there may be a file zMountDir & "\drivers.log" that I delete at end of Pack

Also one located here zMountDir & "\Windows\inf\setupapi.offline.log" I copy to my Logs location

Sorry, maxXPsoft, I was not clear here. I was talking about my nLited XP x64 install and my VM experiences. I am currently running only under VM and do not plan on going to HW for some time. I have much to learn yet. Enjoy, John.

I am currently running only under VM and do not plan on going to HW for some time. I have much to learn yet. Enjoy, John.

Takes time to get it right. I still don't have the perfect yet.

But with some time off finally I completed my language things. Next ver

Download ++> in my sig

Still some stuff I missed but here is new with language

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.2.5: May 14, 2010, 9:30:33 AM
' Finished adding Lanuage translations. French is complete up to now
' Fix if cancel on Service Disabler if don't set to 0
' fixed to look again at Tools if empty for oemlogo
' Fix to path for copy from Dvd error by johnhc
' Fix translated Services not displaying fully by myselfidem

post-9484-127384843277_thumb.png

Edited by maxXPsoft

So I'm trying to setup a customized Windows 7 installation disc where it would have about 2 of my applications I chose to automatically have installed when the person logs into the computer. Everything seems good so far until I reach the point where Pack Image needs to be selected in order for me to select "Create ISO". When I click on the Pack Image it starts to mount but after it reaches 100% it shows me this error:

imageic.jpg

Edited by Tripredacus
merged topic

Download ++> in my sig

Still some stuff I missed but here is new with language

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.2.5: May 14, 2010, 9:30:33 AM
' Finished adding Lanuage translations. French is complete up to now
' Fix if cancel on Service Disabler if don't set to 0
' fixed to look again at Tools if empty for oemlogo
' Fix to path for copy from Dvd error by johnhc
' Fix translated Services not displaying fully by myselfidem

During the copying of the dvd I gat a runtime error 5

Actually it was after copying the dvd and before it mounts

the wim to setup tools.

Now I get it everytime I try to start the program.

Edited by jbm

darklunar, I think maxXPsoft will have to answer your question, but I have some suggestions. There is a 7UA sub-forum above you should probably use in the future and look at now for an answer. Please post the version of 7UA you are using and particulars of the W7 being processed. I have had lots of problems with my security SW (Comodo Internet Security) and I use ImgBurn to make the ISO. Good luck, John.