Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Se7en_UA - working with Win 8.1

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Ok then, I will have to try more and maybe get it to work.
The popups is a bit confusing I guess, I meant the interface is a little weird for me - like I said the way vLite works seems great to me, although this tool is far more advanced in terms of what you can do with it. Anyway, what I meant was - I find it confusing to click on something, be presented with options, click again, "popup" windows with some description appears, click ok, then something else... This kind of stuff. But I guess it just takes some time to get used to.

I still have some questions though:

1) What is this username thing when I copy the files? I don't get it at all.
2) How exactly does the addons tab work? It takes the stuff from current installation, ie. from the system Se7en_UA runs on?
3) Adding drivers - do I need to specify all drivers I want to integrate in one step? I assumed so and copied all my drivers (in separate folders) somewhere, then navigated Se7en_UA there. Result, it crashed without any message. Upon restarting and clicking on "list", I got error message "runtime error 339" stating that mscomctl.ocx is not correctly registered. Hmm... The program still stays loaded btw, so killing the process is necessary.

When I get past the drivers integration I will ask further...

I am sorry to ask dumb questions, but I would really like to get it to work, considering vLite being totally outdated.

1 - Username enter your username you use in windows.

2 - addons yes there are from the os you have installed i,e for example copy favourites from IE.

2 - drivers make a drivers folder inside that you can have subfolders drivers must be unpacked and have inf files not executable package from makers,
use a a driver backup program to grab the drivers already installed on your system. Driver Magician lite version is free.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

1) What is this username thing when I copy the files? I don't get it at all.

what is your username? For you don't you think it would be TheWalrus?

This seems a little too advanced for you although my 11 year old knows, uninstall this and go back to your lite stuff

Edited by maxXPsoft, 28 October 2009 - 10:18 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

Allright, what that kind of attitude I think I will hold onto something else.

(and just for the record, it is not that clear, cause why would I have to enter my username when I want to modity files somewhere on the hdd...)

collector

collector
  • 4 posts
Nice app maxXPsoft
Thank you for sharing.

Small bug to report:
When copying from DVD drive Robocopy reports an error

" ERROR : Invalid Parameter #4 : "/MT" "

I got around it by removing the MT parameter from the CDcopy.cmd script Se7en_UA generates. I then ran the CDIMAGE.EXE solo, not through Se7en_UA.exe, because if I run it through Se7en_UA it rewrites the MT parameter into the CDcopy.cmd script.

Once I got around this minor bug all else went smooth with no errors.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Look that writes the name and uses it later on your xml. Maybe a little ahead of time but whats the big deal.

I pop them windows so anyone can copy error message in case.
If you do get error i need to know
OS and x86 or x64
Target OS and x86 or x64
take screenshot if possible
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

Nice app maxXPsoft
Thank you for sharing.

Small bug to report:
When copying from DVD drive Robocopy reports an error

" ERROR : Invalid Parameter #4 : "/MT" "

I got around it by removing the MT parameter from the CDcopy.cmd script Se7en_UA generates. I then ran the CDIMAGE.EXE solo, not through Se7en_UA.exe, because if I run it through Se7en_UA it rewrites the MT parameter into the CDcopy.cmd script.

Once I got around this minor bug all else went smooth with no errors.

Thanks
/MT Is probably only windows 7 robocopy and is multiple threads and makes it much faster. I'll make it not write that on any but Se7en

Edited by maxXPsoft, 28 October 2009 - 10:46 PM.

collector

collector
  • 4 posts
Thank You
I have not tested the generated ISO. I just left all your info in the xml file as I have not yet taken the time to understand it, and just wanted to quickly try your app.
Is it ok to put my own support info/name/serial ?

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Thats the beauty of this. It creates the basic scripts, cmds for you.
Feel free to modify any way you want.

collector

collector
  • 4 posts
Thank You
Will this work with the vista service pack 1 dvd and install sp2 if placed in the Hfixes folder ?

EDIT:
just noticed in your first post

works with source dvd vista x86/64 SP2 and Se7en x86/64 RTM

Sorry for the noob questions. I am new to this.

Edited by collector, 28 October 2009 - 11:24 PM.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
No Vista SP2 has been a pain for me and no way that I could find or anyway to do it. Not like XP where it would allow you to integrate SPs into your sources. Not sure if vlite can get it integrated. If it can then you could then copy the source from that. Hate to say that cause then you have the name all over your images.

You can install and then run the sp2. I kind of skipped vista after they came out with seven and quit trying to figure it out.

collector

collector
  • 4 posts
No worries.
I like vista because it is more visual. Higher res icons, dreamscenes (if I can get it working on my new 64 bit build. Worked great on my 32 bit.)
I tried 7 and although it runs tight, it seems too plain.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

I tried 7 and although it runs tight, it seems too plain.

You right about that
One of the first things I noticed was control panel in seven was dull, Vista had a much nicer.

BTW if someone knows how to get the Vista SP2 integrate I will add to this no problem.
You can edit the cleanup.cmd and remove it rebooting and run the sp2 exe right there

Edited by maxXPsoft, 29 October 2009 - 12:00 AM.

jbm

jbm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Drivers:
I'm working with a 64bit image
When I check on drivers then click on yes
and browse to my drivers folder the user interface goes away
but se7en_UA is still running in task manager and cpu usage is 0%
all my drivers have been copied to C:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\sources\$oem$\$1\Drivers
The first time I just killed the process in taskmanager and continued on
I was able to make a working DVD to install windows 7
to a virtual machine using an evaluation copy of Vmware 7
could it be a problem with my drivers?

:Edit
Didn't notice the errors before when I packed the image
Im including copies of the ouput whenit was trying to inject the drivers and the drivers.log

Edited by jbm, 29 October 2009 - 05:27 AM.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

Drivers:

Error: 30
The command completed with errors.

That points to a driver problem and you can see which in the cmdoutput. Thats why I pause them so you can see which.

Far as the interface not coming back I'll look into that. First thought before I looked at your cmdoutout was a boatload of drivers. Some of those driver folders you extract has 60 or more inf's in them and takes awhile to process each individually.

What you done was ok and you can complete the creation or try to find a better driver.
Usually and I do mean Se7en has some good driver support so you could install and see if it complains

jbm

jbm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Drivers:

Error: 30
The command completed with errors.

That points to a driver problem and you can see which in the cmdoutput. Thats why I pause them so you can see which.

Far as the interface not coming back I'll look into that. First thought before I looked at your cmdoutout was a boatload of drivers. Some of those driver folders you extract has 60 or more inf's in them and takes awhile to process each individually.

What you done was ok and you can complete the creation or try to find a better driver.
Usually and I do mean Se7en has some good driver support so you could install and see if it complains

Thanks for your help. I'll look into getting better drivers.
I tried it with other drivers and some of those worked.
Maybe I'll try the other method and just make a file.
But I still had the interface problem,
if you need any more info about that let me know
and I'll find help on my drivers somewere else so I don't clutter up this thread

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
jbm
Hard to say since the dism output wasn't even a minute long. still looking

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
Available first post

Bug release no new features this time
'Se7en_UA.exe 6.01:  October 30, 2009, 9:20:02 PM
'   MD5: e161d60e7bbc1c2a7e27a7a5528ed6b3
'   Finally Fixed if APP folder does not exist crashes App Installer when adding APPS. Usually a Path problem
'   Fix Image Mounting Right Click options and moved to Main form
'   Allow Administrator for user name but haven't tested
'   Changed the way Drivers are copied initially
'   Fixed robocopy /MT error.

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
Will do some further testing with the update.

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
Hi there,

first I would would like to say thank you for the work and the good program!! I got one problem though

- after clicking "copy" I'm not asked for a username and directed to selcting the "bootmgr" then my unpacked Win7 is copied into the folder d:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD. Program starts all over, after dos-window is closed and that's it. It is not mared or noted anywhere that it copied the complete dvd.

My system is Win7 64bit, se7en_ua is version 6.0.1, and the unpacked iso I'm using is als win7 64bit.

Any hint?

Kind regards,
shortie
HP XW8600, 2*3.06 XEON, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850, Win7 Ultimate

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Hi there,

first I would would like to say thank you for the work and the good program!! I got one problem though

- after clicking "copy" I'm not asked for a username and directed to selcting the "bootmgr" then my unpacked Win7 is copied into the folder d:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD. Program starts all over, after dos-window is closed and that's it. It is not mared or noted anywhere that it copied the complete dvd.

My system is Win7 64bit, se7en_ua is version 6.0.1, and the unpacked iso I'm using is als win7 64bit.

Any hint?

Kind regards,
shortie

If you had looked at dos window it does tell you if copy was successful and if there are any errors it also says program will close after disk copy and you need to restart it.

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
Hi,

at the end it tells me "pause to see errors.... besides that nothing

regards, shortie
HP XW8600, 2*3.06 XEON, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850, Win7 Ultimate

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Hi,

at the end it tells me "pause to see errors.... besides that nothing

regards, shortie

its showing files copy on windows 7 ultimate x86 sorry ain't tested yet on x64.
Posted Image

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

1. Forgot to put in revisions. I don't ask for username anymore till applications. There used to be a need earlier on but right now it's ok. May move that back before Addons
2. Look at your dos win that pops up like urie's pic, you can look and see if anything failed from that. usually failed column or skipped. always 1 dir it skips which is root.

It auto restarts after copy and mounts image and extracts files to use later on, if you get no error's through any of those boxes you are ok to proceed.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
shortly there will be a 6.02
Noticed that the mount dir does not completely unmount sometimes after extracting image tools
I just select in Win explorer and delete

jbm

jbm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
working with win7 x64 image
installed Se7eb verion 6.0.1 on win7 x64
It copies the dvd without errors but when se7en restarts
the copy checkbox is still unchecked and I can't check
the next box

0 user(s) are reading this topic