Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Se7en_UA - working with Win 8.1

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Well, I tried installing in another drive (same PC) running XP and I get the same error.

What's up??

th_Errormessage_zps16db90a0.jpg

Edited by videobruce, 12 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

When not in use, turn off the juice.

Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jbm

jbm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

The last version that worked with xp is 6.3.33

if you are using that version then I don't know what the problem

is.

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Well I get the same error with either W7 & XP. I only tried it with XP to see if it made any difference. I have no plans to use it with XP, just W7 Pro.

What on earth does that error mean? A search doesn't help.

Ok, question, the latest version is 8.1.5 which is what I have. Is V8 suppose to be for Win8, not 7??

Edited by videobruce, 12 December 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

jbm

jbm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

you version of comdlg32.ocx maybe outdated.

I would try renameing the file on your computer and

reinstall the program. 

version 8.1.5 works with both 7 and 8

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

jbm said it all

If you are trying to do do XP or Vista then use the Se7en_UA6.3.33 final for XP Vista.zip

I looked and realized the comdlg32.ocx I was including is outdated. It was not installing over the one on my system though. Actually in syswow64 dir cause i'm running 64 bit.

I'm makling a new version today sometime.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 13 December 2013 - 08:24 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

Uninstall previous version Se7en_UA and install this. It starts back where you was.

videobruce you should delete everything and start over.
'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.6 December 13, 2013, 2:57:28 PM
'   Updated ocx file's with latest version. Security update
'   Changed to run Dos boxes in HIGH PRIORITY.
'   Fix if add Wallpapers adds a .theme file to apply.
'   Fix Rollback to Here if iso was moved.
'   Added PowerShell ExecutionPolicy to setupcomplete.cmd

Edited by maxXPsoft, 13 December 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Doing a little searching on this since I have no idea WTF this file is, I found this thread, namely this post;

http://www.sevenforu...html#post711918

Well i guess that is the problem. First of all the COMDLG32.OCX is not present in Windows 7 or not part of the OS. Then your trying to install a 32-bit application on a 64-Bit OS which has just 5% chances of working. You can try to install the application in Compatibility Mode If the issue persists, the programs you are trying to run may be not compatible with Windows 7. Or you can try this Download Windows XP Mode

I muss be missing something here. Your program has been out for how long and this is the first time this fatal issue arose??

If W7 does not have this file, how can it be outdated? Outdated to what? Good old activeX. I thought NetFramework was a PITA.

Edited by videobruce, 13 December 2013 - 04:11 PM.

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

I was typing that when you added your post.

Before I try the new version, I tried V6 and it did open unlike V8, but if I check that services box, I get a similar error message and that is as far as I can get. Now that was installed in XP.

Attached Files

Edited by videobruce, 13 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Ok, new version loads with no error.

But,

all the check boxes except the first two (Copy Windows & Services disabler) are grayed out, before or after I copy a iso. Now what's wrong?  :blink:

Edited by videobruce, 13 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

I try very hard to make sure things are right. I don't want to put up a 15mb file when not needed. So I step through things and remove anything thats not needed on a sources install. A couple of things I have to include like the ocx

The 2 files in ? were dated back in 2004, I was installing a service pack and MS updated them to 2010

Microsoft installer stuff didn't even catch that

Yep you only the 2nd person with an install problem exceeding 25,000 downloads. The first person had Lited his system so things were missing. Not my problem. But I;ll try to help best I can

all the check boxes except the first two (Copy Windows & Services disabler) are grayed out, before or after I copy a iso. Now what's wrong?  :blink:

Step through it 1 checkbox at a time. Copy the seven or 8.1 sources (extracted iso) and move on from there. This is a learning app where it shows how to add things in order. Click the text next to the checkbox and it explains what it is.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 13 December 2013 - 11:19 PM.

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Yep you only the 2nd person with an install problem exceeding 25,000 downloads. 

But, that doesn't mean 25,000 people are using this, or ever tried.

I'm sorry, I'm not a programmer, I never ran Linux and I'm not a mind reader. I'm sure you know since RT7 Lite's support went down the tubes and it's obvious we will never see a V3, most have given  up on it for the most part. Since it was a carry over from nLite (vLite), the user interface was similar. nLite did have some support, but that fell short. as usual. 

What I don't understand is, people like yourself that have spent hundreds (and more) of hours on writing this code, something I could never do, then produce a program but provide little documentation seems to me defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

I'm not talking about hand holding, just a series of screen shots (which you do have after you install the program) with a overview at each step. This surely isn't the only project that falls down in this regard. 

I realize it's a learning experience. But, the learning stops when there is no indication of where to go next. It shouldn't be a guessing game with basic steps. Unless I don't understand the concept, it's dead in the water.

Edited by videobruce, 14 December 2013 - 08:29 AM.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

What I don't understand is, people like yourself that have spent hundreds (and more) of hours on writing this code, something I could never do, then produce a program but provide little documentation seems to me defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Hmmm now why didn't I think of that? :w00t:

oops I did, look at Post # 4

Click one of the Help buttons and select the UXP_Vista_7_UA.exe in the Se7en_UA\help folder

Its old but still applies.

I keep unattend.chm, waik.chm, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit linked in mine.

You can find those in the Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Docs

Edited by maxXPsoft, 14 December 2013 - 09:56 AM.

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

I did, I even printed it out, but it still doesn't tell one how to get past what appears to be the 1st step of copying the O/S.

BTW, the Services interface is nice, more so is the ability to adjust your current config. But, it's odd that red would be running (auto) and green would be stopped (disabled).

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

1st post if you don't have the iso

Then extract it to a folder and copy that folder or burn iso to dvd and copy the dvd. Means copy them with Se7en_UA program, don't copy manually

I do that so if I mess up I can go back to first box and start over and don't mess up my original extracted sources.

Disabling services means a GREENER PC to me I guess :)

Edited by maxXPsoft, 14 December 2013 - 01:17 PM.

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Means copy them with Se7en_UA program, don't copy manually

I know that and have done so twice.

Disabling services means a GREENER PC to me I guess

I use the Services console all the time. One of many reasons I have used nLite & RT7 Lite. I have also used Black Vipers services list since I has Win 2k. 

BTW, BV did have a list for services for 2k, not just XP, Vista & Win7.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN