Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

tried to test the win7 build i was modifying. used oracle's virtual box and a dynamically xpanding vdi. as i have configured the autounattend.xml to partition the drive specifically to my needs, i needed a 40gb vdi, but my hdd has only 25gb free space... so first it popped up an error. next, i have set the autounattend in such a way that disk partitioning thing always shows the UI (just in case something was wrong with the autopartitioning...) u can partition it manually, but if u just select the disk &click 'next' without partitioning it manually, it will automatcally partition it... i dont know what happens if u manually partition ur disk and then click nex't... maybe, it still does the autopartitioning... i havent checked that.

the main background is customized and displaying properly... but i remember in some forum, it said that not only can u display a custom bkground, u can also change the plain white bkground of the dialog boxes themselves... i mean, for example, the screen where it says 'copying windows files /expanding windows files /installing features', the blue bkground can be customized, as well as the white bkgroundof the window itself... i had done those steps, but it didnot work... only the blue bkground is changed.

the copying files was completed but then an error saying tht windows cannot set locale came up. i googled and it said one of the reason was that hdd didnt have sufficient space.... dont know why, but there was 25gb free space and the vdi file was only 5gb in size but was dynamic and i had set its max limit to 25gb so it could expand dynamically, but for some reason, it didnt....

wll try to solve these and post later.

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.3.8: August 25, 2010, 7:08:30 AM
' Finish removing installing wimmount. Will only work on Windows 7 OS.
' I no longer get the error [ WARN ] An objectID is in use on this volume. Let me know if you do.
' Use Se7en_UA6.33* for running from XP and Vista OS
' Corrected included appswitch.new "/f error to " /f found by jbm

edit:minor file ver thing

Edited by maxXPsoft

http://img38.imageshack.us/i/capture8azb.jpg/

this link shows windows media centre and wmplayer.

notice their background? normally, they are bluish in media centre and white in wmplayer. does anyone know which file was edited to put the custom background into these apps?

further, check this:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/shaymus_02/11-86.jpg

notice the start menu? is it a theme or has it been edited? if this is a theme, which theme is it? links anyone???

if it was edited, can u tell me how???

also:

http://img.ddlupdate.com/images/Windows_8_Pre_Xtreme_Edition-2.jpg

this one, i tried. the plain blue backdrop ting, well my custom wallpaper shows up there with the install window in front. but the color of this window itself, or the star shaped win flag and the modified dialogues? i tried but it still shows up as how it originally looks. any idea???

also, in the file arunimg.dll, what is to be edited to change setup looks???

Edited by princektd

Max, just some suggestion, can u change/update the hotfix section for windows 7 to see cab files (not just *.msu)? I've compile some update packages manually, for save some space I extract the cab n delete the msu files but if I want to integrate update with Se7en_UA it only see *.msu, it would be advantage to see Se7en_UA work for integrating update/hotfix in both files (*.msu n *.cab) so I dont have to do manually with DISM.

Max, just some suggestion, can u change/update the hotfix section for windows 7 to see cab files (not just *.msu)? I've compile some update packages manually, for save some space I extract the cab n delete the msu files but if I want to integrate update with Se7en_UA it only see *.msu, it would be advantage to see Se7en_UA work for integrating update/hotfix in both files (*.msu n *.cab) so I dont have to do manually with DISM.

I have it where it will do them at finalize image but will look why not getting there. :}

I would like to install my apps in audit mode then

shutdown the system and capture an image of the disk.

Do I need to change this line in the cleanup.cmd

REM To Generalize erase above line and use this

%windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /reboot /quiet /unattend:%DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml

to

%windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /quiet /unattend:%DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml

The answer to the above is no, I just got an incorrect usage error.

If I used the first line it worked.

So how do I have it shut down after installing my apps and generalizing the sdydtem?

Also am I right in thinking that cleanup.cmd will run in the audituser pass?

And wh I apply the image to a new drive and boot it will run the oobesystem pass.

Edited by jbm

Se7en_UA work for integrating update/hotfix in both files (*.msu n *.cab) so I dont have to do manually with DISM.

I tried and it worked fine for my 50 .cab's except the WSUSSCAN.cab

An error occurred trying to open - D:\Se7en_UA\HFixes\WSUSSCAN.cab Error: 0x80070002

Processing 1 of 50 - Adding package Package_for_KB2032276~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0

Did you extract them correctly?

I put all .msu same folder and done this with a .cmd. Extracting saved about 20MB

Expand.exe D:\APPS\__Updates\7Seven\x64\Premium_Cab\*.msu –f:* D:\APPS\__Updates\7Seven\x64\Premium_Cab
del *.xml
del *.txt
del *.msu
pause

%windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /quiet /unattend:%DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml

The answer to the above is no, I just got an incorrect usage error.

If I used the first line it worked.

So how do I have it shut down after installing my apps and generalizing the sdydtem?

Also am I right in thinking that cleanup.cmd will run in the audituser pass?

And wh I apply the image to a new drive and boot it will run the oobesystem pass.

Let me look into that. I know it used to work but may have been I changed something manually and forgot to add in example.

Yes cleanup would run in audit also but things have to be done correctly by using that option.

Only you don't want the dvd when you start up so move the %DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml perhaps to system root and delete at the very end.

Think your problem may be the /quiet

Check this article and it explains to place the sysprep.xml in sysprep folder then delete with setupcomplete.cmd

So place in a $OEM$\$$\System32\sysprep folder and it will copy in at finalize

http://www.ehow.com/how_5392616_sysprep-machine-start-finish-v2.html

Think your problem may be the /quiet

Check this article and it explains to place the sysprep.xml in sysprep folder then delete with setupcomplete.cmd

So place in a $OEM$\$$\System32\sysprep folder and it will copy in at finalize

http://www.ehow.com/how_5392616_sysprep-machine-start-finish-v2.html

Thanks, I was following another tutorial how to image a system then apply it.

Anyway aboult half way thru the install I got an error about duplicate entries

in my unattended.xml. I checked but couldn't see any.

I used dism to remove all the unattended.xml files in the image.

now I'm trying it in vmware, should of done that in the first place

instead of using my real system.

I tried and it worked fine for my 50 .cab's except the WSUSSCAN.cab

An error occurred trying to open - D:\Se7en_UA\HFixes\WSUSSCAN.cab Error: 0x80070002

Processing 1 of 50 - Adding package Package_for_KB2032276~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0

Did you extract them correctly?

I put all .msu same folder and done this with a .cmd. Extracting saved about 20MB

Expand.exe D:\APPS\__Updates\7Seven\x64\Premium_Cab\*.msu –f:* D:\APPS\__Updates\7Seven\x64\Premium_Cab
del *.xml
del *.txt
del *.msu
pause

ouch, my mistake, I test with ur previus version, didn't know there's the new version, ooh sorry max, it work fine here :thumbup

ouch, my mistake, I test with ur previus version, didn't know there's the new version, ooh sorry max, it work fine here :thumbup

no problem, I just finished a real live audit install with integrate 50 cabs and no updates except defender and compatibility which are updated too often so I don't add them.

@jbm

I just done this on a real live install without the /quiet and it worked. I copied Apps to my usb and placed both xml files there. On startup it went through out of box and ran setupcomplete.cmd. Depends how much you add to OOBEAudit.xml to what will be asked

FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\OOBEAudit.xml SET DVDroot=%%d

sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:%DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml

with that it is quiet and does it's thing and then shutdown

Edited by maxXPsoft

@jbm

I just done this on a real live install without the /quiet and it worked. I copied Apps to my usb and placed both xml files there. On startup it went through out of box and ran setupcomplete.cmd. Depends how much you add to OOBEAudit.xml to what will be asked

FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\OOBEAudit.xml SET DVDroot=%%d

sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:%DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml

with that it is quiet and does it's thing and then shutdown

It worked after a fashion, sysprep didn't start and I had to paste the command in a cmd window.

I thinks it might be because Nero 9 is still being installed when cleanup.cmd is finished.

I put timeout in cleanup.cmd to wait for nero but sysprep still didn't start

unless I pasted the line in s cmd window.

Edited by jbm

hi, ne chance of that .cmd to remove C:\zMountDir? try everything just cant get rid of it!

where did you hangup and how? what is your OS? I haven't had that in awhile

add the right click .wim.

right click on sources\install.wim and choose to Unmount *.* NO SAVE zMountDir then use the zMountDir Cleanup 2 + Reg

should see it doing the things then delete it. if not go to tools folder install the takeownership.reg and right click on it and Takeownership then delete

Edited by maxXPsoft