Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

Notice: Install Se7en_UA to root of any drive like D:\Se7en_UA

EDIT: Se7en_UA6.3.33 final for XP Vista. Use this last version 6.3.33 if you are running XP or Vista. I regret that I can no longer keep both updated. Easiest way to do Seven is just install it to drive without a key and you have 30 days to build your unattended. XP now? has to be same architecture as the Target Vista/Seven OS

Please read my first 5 or 6 posts after this one and then if you have ? ask.

• Read this post here by ar_seven_am Ok, here's the additional notes for someone who got problems with Se7en_UA, I've test it with XP SP3 x86, Vista SP1 & SP2 x86, Windows 7 x86 :
  • This is not a very complicated application. It is like a teaching tool so new people can learn the structure and layout of Windows Unattending. Most can click on the text next to a checkbox and it will explain what it's going to do.
  • I structured it this way where you click one item at a time and complete them step's before allowing it to move on. Thing's have to be done correctly in order for you to create a sucessful Installation DVD.
  • This will work for those know nothing of Unattended setups. You can use the basics from this or refer to other posts here in this forum or the Unattended Vista forum to find answers.
  • I know that may be annoying to veteran unattenders but let's help the new people.
  • Working now with 64 bit images.
  • USE SAMPLE XML first try of this. I don't have all settings and you can mod it after.
    Let me know if I need to add something!!!
  • Does not use the WAIK if installed or Windows directories unless you don't have waik or Win 7 then it only copies a few files.

You can move your Appswitch.dat to new folder. Edit it and change the Paths

Don't hotlink these file's directly, I make changes and will only update my link
Do a favor and let people download the latest.
Mediafire download. If you need a different download I'll upload to rapidshare. Let me know

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3l27csbkuzdyz/Se7en_UA
post-9484-0-81226700-1343348981_thumb.png
Mediafire has added scanning of files with Bitdefender
post-9484-0-81226700-1343348981_thumb.pn

Release Notes: Included in Version.txt

Edited by maxXPsoft
update Topic to W11 2022

I create a Panther.cmd on either a floppy, Usb, other drive. Then if crash I hit [shift] + [F10] and do the CD there and run it,
Usually it comes up in X:\system32
You type CD C: and press enter
Type Dir and press enter
If your Panther.cmd is not in that list then try another drive CD D: and press enter
Keep going till you find Drive containing the panther.cmd and use it
Panther.cmd and press enter
will copy the Panther folder so you can figure out whats going on. smile.gif
EDIT: Panther s about 2.67 MB so you can see why a floppy won't work unless you run commands to compress it

Panther.cmd
EDIT: Added Takeown to file for Windows 8
EDIT: Modified to search all drives May 9, 2013
EDIT: Fix For %%I IN command error on blank memory card drives June 23, 2013

EDIT: Fix to copy early stages of deployment where Panther is in $WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther Aug 17, 2013

cd /d %~dp0@ECHO OFFECHO.Color 1FsetlocalFor %%I IN (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO for /f "tokens=4,6*" %%k in ('vol %%I: 2^>nul^|find "drive"') DO IF EXIST %%I:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther SET MyDrive=%%kIF EXIST %MyDrive%:\$WINDOWS.~BT (robocopy %MyDrive%:\$WINDOWS.~BT /MIR %~dp0$WINDOWS.~BT /R:1 /W:2)IF EXIST %MyDrive%:\$WINDOWS.~LS (robocopy %MyDrive%:\$WINDOWS.~LS /MIR %~dp0$WINDOWS.~LS /R:1 /W:2)ECHO.ECHO.ECHO FOUND %MyDrive%:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\PantherECHO.Timeout 5For %%I IN (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO for /f "tokens=4,6*" %%k in ('vol %%I: 2^>nul^|find "drive"') DO IF EXIST %%I:\Windows\Panther SET MyDrive=%%kECHO.IF EXIST %MyDrive%:\Windows\Panther (ECHO FOUND %MyDrive%:\Windows\PantherECHO.REM Added takeown for Windows 8takeown /f %MyDrive%:\Windows\Panther /R && icacls %MyDrive%:\Windows\Panther /grant Administrators:F /tTimeout 5robocopy %MyDrive%:\Windows\Panther /MIR %~dp0$Panther /R:1 /W:2ECHO.)ECHO.ECHO.echo ^<press any key^>ECHO.Timeout 5Exit

2009-09-21 06:49:44, Error CSI 00000001 (F) 80220006 [Error,Facility=FACILITY_STATE_MANAGEMENT,Code=6] #165# from CWcmScalarInstanceCore::PutCurrentValue(options = 0, value = { type: 12 (0x0000000c), bytes ( 14 (0x0000000e) ): 2000660061006c00730065000000 })[gle=0x80004005]2009-09-21 06:49:44, Error [oobeldr.exe] SMI data results dump: Source = Name: Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup, Language: neutral, ProcessorArchitecture: amd64, PublicKeyToken: 31bf3856ad364e35, VersionScope: nonSxS, /settings/Themes/DefaultThemesOff2009-09-21 06:49:44, Error [oobeldr.exe] SMI data results dump: Description = Value is in invalid format.2009-09-21 06:49:45, Error [oobeldr.exe] User input error was detected in unattend file. Error: [0x0]

Causes a major crash with an xml in Win 7. You get an ugly little box and thats it, you're history.
1 mistake in an xml will take you down.

On above error will most likely get an error says something about Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup
simple, go to your Panther copy and do a search for Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup in the contents
error may be within one of the sub folders so I use Agent Ransack - Free File Searching Utility Edited by maxXPsoft

[Help] buttons
select 1 and it should open the app\Help. choose UXP_Vista_7_UA.exe
choose another [Help] button and select the unattend.chm
both are now added to the buttons

If you installed the ADK

You can find unattend.chm in the Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Docs

Edited by maxXPsoft

Applications

post-9484-1258159460.png

APPS folder should be on the root of any drive. That way the Se7en_UA will see it regardless of where its installed or what drive APPS is on.

Example Firefox 3.x.x:

Make a folder called Mozilla.Firefox_3.XX in the APPS folder

place the Firefox Setup 3.*.exe there

Appswitch.dat

[Mozilla.Firefox_X.XX]
REM http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Mozilla Firefox 20.xx" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Mozilla.Firefox_X.XX\Firefox_autoit.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait Timeout 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C RD \"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\" /S /Q" /f
FLAG3=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C REG DELETE \"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MozillaMaintenanceService\" /f" /f"
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait \"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Mozilla Maintenance Service\uninstall.exe\"" /f

[Mozilla.Thunderbird_X.XX]
REM http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Mozilla Thunderbird 17.xx" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Mozilla.Thunderbird_X.XX\Thunderbird_autoit.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C RD \"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\" /S /Q" /f
FLAG3=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mozilla Thunderbird.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mozilla Thunderbird.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Mozilla Thunderbird.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\APPS\Mozilla.Thunderbird_X.XX\DefaultMail.reg" /f

Firefox_3_autoit.au3 included get autoit and compile and add to the folder

select the folder when you add Applications, thats it. ALL your current settings and bookmarks are included.

been using this since 2.x

New version ‎October ‎26, ‎2011 Firefox_autoit.au3

FLAGS

FLAG1: REG copy
copies registry entries from your current registry. The program needs to be Installed when this is done. BUT If you copy once then it saves it to the [APPS] folder and any future Installs will use that. If you have it installed then it overwrites the current file = SWEET HUH?
FLAG2: FILE copy
Copy any File from anywhere to be placed in same directory on Target computer.
FLAG3: FOLDER copy
Copy entire Folder's to be placed on Target computer's. Handy for Fox/Tbird/Trillian if you don't want to lose anything
FLAG4: Special
is special and copies settings from the Registry from the HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx-1000 reg keys and on setup if reg part S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx-1000 has changed it will automatically enter your new SID

All of these are pretty handy for an Unattended Install. You need to place them as you need them called in the Appswitch . Plenty of example's in the Appswitch.dat

Whats best?

All of them, it keeps everything up to date. If yesterday/last month I used this and copied say a Folder with a FLAG3 entry and today I wake up and realize it's changed so I copy again at the APP Installer. If it exists Installed then it delete's from your APPS Folder and the APPS folder from dvd sources and re-writes everything. Otherwise it uses what I had done last time I copied it in.

I've been copying my Firefox and Thunderbird and many more for year's with same methods. Just drop new Fox or whatever in same APPS folder.

My Settings, My files, My folders, My Registry, SERIAL NUMBERS all up to date.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Go to your Tools\architecture\ folder and open Admin cmd prompt. Or make the cmd line look like this

E:\Se7en_UA\Tools\amd64\imagex /cleanup E:\zMountDir

I only get that if I uninstall and try to copy back too fast, darn Seven locks the folders down.

Edited by maxXPsoft

So this is, in the principle, similiar utility as vLite?

Only in principle Se7en_UA will do complete unattended install with applications e.c.t not just addons far more advanced

OK. so here it goes:

1. install program - fine.

2. open program 1st time - fine.

3. check first option select win7.iso and copy is done - fine

after this the program exits by default, reopening the program gives the run time error.

reinstalling goes back to 1.

Edited by Chester^

Chester^

yes you copy the unpacked not an iso

BKR III

Did you install to a root folder like C:\Se7en_UA? I'm lazy and this won't work from Program files or any long path with spaces.

What is your OS and x86/64?

Copy the Dvd sources, Extracted as above.

Exactly where is it not working as Chester explained above