• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Offler

Which oldest OS by Microsoft do you use?

Which oldest OS do you use?   83 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one answer.

• Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 2008 (server)
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2003 (server)
    • Windows 2000 (desktop)
    • Windows 2000 (server)
    • Windows Millenium
    • Windows 98/98SE
    • Windows NT 3.x
    • Windows 95
    • Windows NT 4
    • Windows 3.11/3.1
    • MS-Dos 6.22
    • Older OS

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

I and you are being forced to use these stupid OSes.

I hate computers sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, I hate em all. I hate every single one of them. We had some good times, yes but honestly I could have actually been learning something all of that time.

Nah, Server 2008 is actually my favourite OS along with Vista, but Server 2003 is second. If I wanted to, I could still use 2003. They're not stupid OSes, I've used all those for a long time. I remember when I got Server 2008 through Dreamspark while studying IT back in 2008, it was very great.

As for actual desktop use, Vista is still the best option, as it already has those necessary files to play most games, which require DX11, and MS bothered to include DX11 in Vista and Server 2008 SP2 with the platform update, that's why you can play games like GTA V on that OS, for example. It's just, the community support for NT 6.0 diminishes fast, as no one would bother to use Vista at this time. 

My work rig runs awesome with 2008 and Vista, as it has one of the most robust CPU architectures ever released, which is Sandy. I thought about getting a Haswell CPU (probably a 4790K or a 5820K) for a new build I'll make in this year's fall, but not sure if some boards I thought about purchasing have good support for those OSes, I'll find a way to sort that out.

I and you are being forced to use these stupid OSes. I hate computers sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, I hate em all. I hate every single one of them. We had some good times, yes but honestly I could have actually been learning something all of that time.

Nobody's forcing you to use anything just go off the grid. Problem solved.

I am wondering what people use MS Dos for nowadays.. :) The oldest OS one of my family member uses, is Windows XP.