7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@blue4603

Thanks for the reply...I decided not to quote the post again since it is so recent.

Just a couple of other thoughts:

1) if possible could you make 7Customizer include the option to load the boot.wim also; I load it to integrate my boot/system (RAID F6/SATA etc.)drivers-it is an option in DISM-you must specify boot.wim index 1 or 2.

2)I know removing shipping programs is for later, but, DISM has a builtin feature to disable features; ie: the games, Windows Search, indexing service, Windows Media Center...etc. I like to disable the features with DISM because the services will not load in the install. This is not removing programs persay; it is all completely reversible in either DISM or after install in Programs and Features, so, therefore will not cause anyone any permanent/unreversable grief.

Just more food for thought and thanks

To integrate language to boot.wim and the setup? Its not hard :) and he can do it if he wants but but he chosed not to (he told me in some posts back that he wont).

Do you have the command to integrate to boot.wim?

@ donpham

I think what grabben suggested might help you.

@ RickSteele

1) if possible could you make 7Customizer include the option to load the boot.wim also; I load it to integrate my boot/system (RAID F6/SATA etc.)drivers-it is an option in DISM-you must specify boot.wim index 1 or 2.

Hmmm. I might look into this later.

2)I know removing shipping programs is for later, but, DISM has a builtin feature to disable features; ie: the games, Windows Search, indexing service, Windows Media Center...etc. I like to disable the features with DISM because the services will not load in the install. This is not removing programs persay; it is all completely reversible in either DISM or after install in Programs and Features, so, therefore will not cause anyone any permanent/unreversable grief.

Just more food for thought and thanks

Hmmm. I think this is an extra. So again I will look at it later. Because I want to focus on and test the removing components function

@ grabben

Do you have the command to integrate to boot.wim?

I think it is the same as integrating to the normal install.wim

Regards

Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:mountDism
/image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\lp.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-scripting_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-srt_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wds-tools_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wmi_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /Gen-LangINI /distribution:mount
Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:mount /commit

Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:boot.wim /index:2 /MountDir:mount
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:waik\tools\PEtools\cpu\WinPE_FPs\winpe-fontsupport-fontmui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\lp.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-setup_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-setup-client_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-scripting_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-srt_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wds-tools_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /add-package /packagepath:winpe_langpack\cpu\mui\winpe-wmi_mui.cab"
Dism /image:mount /Gen-LangINI /distribution:mountDism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:mount /commit

Replace MUI and Fontmui with your language (sv-se, en-us, nl-nl etc etc)

WinPE_Langpack folder is found on the waik 7 iso/dvd..

Replace cpu with amd64 or x86Hope i didnt miss anything :P

Edit: Edit I f.. hate this editor messing up my po

Replace "mount" with the path to the mountfolder, for example D:\7mount

Edited by grabben

Thanks grabben. I will try "oscdimg in Deployment tools commmand promt" when I come back to work on Monday.

Does this option include in 7Customizer?

I tried 7Customizer 0.4.4 today with my Win7 Enterprise. The ISO file was created successfully and burnt to dvd disc. However, when I tried to run setup on my Dell OptiPlex 760, I got the error message saying that my CD/DVD device driver is missing. There is no such error when I run setup from the original dvd.

Can someone point out what I did wrong and/or why I got this kind of error message?

My PC specs:

Dell OptiPlex 760

Windows 7 Enterprise loaded

WAIK for win7

7customizer v0.4.4

Burn it again on slower speed or create the .iso file manually using oscdimg command in "Deployment Tools Command prompt".

Thanks grabben. I will try "oscdimg in Deployment tools commmand promt" when I come back to work on Monday.

Does this option include in 7Customizer?

I tried 7Customizer 0.4.4 today with my Win7 Enterprise. The ISO file was created successfully and burnt to dvd disc. However, when I tried to run setup on my Dell OptiPlex 760, I got the error message saying that my CD/DVD device driver is missing. There is no such error when I run setup from the original dvd.

Can someone point out what I did wrong and/or why I got this kind of error message?

My PC specs:

Dell OptiPlex 760

Windows 7 Enterprise loaded

WAIK for win7

7customizer v0.4.4

Burn it again on slower speed or create the .iso file manually using oscdimg command in "Deployment Tools Command prompt".

Uhm 7C doesnt support dvdburning yet and probably wont :P

Bout oscdimg.

Just go to start > programs > windows aik > deployments.. and paste this

oscdimg.exe -b<path to etfsboot.com> -u2 -h -m -l<ISOLabel> <path to dvd> <path to save .iso>

oscdimg -bE:\dvd\boot\etfsboot.com -u2 -h -m -l7cDVD E:\dvd E:\7Cdvd.iso

Feature Request

If not yet on your to do list:

It would be helpful to have

- _all_ selected features in preset files

- an oppotunity to manually modifify tthe autounattended.xml _before_ creating the new wim file

My comment to 7Customizer:

Good replacement for vLite even in the actual state!

Thanks and go on developping!

Feature Request

If not yet on your to do list:

It would be helpful to have

- an oppotunity to manually modifify tthe autounattended.xml _before_ creating the new wim file

My comment to 7Customizer:

Good replacement for vLite even in the actual state!

Thanks and go on developping!

Bout the unattended file..

You can edit it manuall beacuse its not set to a specific edition but just a file in dvdroot:)

Just open with notepad if you want too.

@ Nemo

I did not understand you. Could you clearify.

Already implemented. There is a checkbox that pauses the execution before unmounting.

@ myselfidem

Thanks. I hope you updated the thread that contains this guide.

Regards

@ myselfidem

Thanks. I hope you updated the thread that contains this guide.

Regards

Hello Blue :rolleyes:

Yes. I've updated the guide

And if you want, I can add "The Table of Content" and "Functions and Features".

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

@Blue

Yes Blue, :rolleyes:

Because I see that some notes were missing and I've made images with French language.

Yes, the guide inside the link (thread) is updated

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Heey blue :)

Suggestion: I noticed when im working with translating 7c to swedish, it needs to have the xxxxx.lng file, if i change the filename of that languagefile it wont even start.

Can you make it change to default language if it cant find the xxxx.lng file/language ?

I soon have an update for 7C 0.4.4 :)

Edited by grabben

@ myselfidem

Thanks.

@ grabben

Heey blue :)

Suggestion: I noticed when im working with translating 7c to swedish, it needs to have the xxxxx.lng file, if i change the filename of that languagefile it wont even start.

Can you make it change to default language if it cant find the xxxx.lng file/language ?

I soon have an update for 7C 0.4.4

OK. I will fix this in the next release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards