7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@DMD61

I apologize for the question.

you can use WAIK in Italian?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...11-39c26d3b3b34

Because I saw that the download size is 1260.1 MB, while English is 1706.6 MB

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...11-39c26d3b3b34

There are differences or may be used without problems even the Italian version?

THANKS

No need to apologize man :)

I think yes you can use Italian edition of WAIK.Some of the log files posted by the members here show that they used a non-English WAIK. They did not encounter any issues.

Thank you for pointing this.

Regards

Thankyou for all the effort you put into this fantastic utility. I read in your guide that you must fill in all the info in the unattended tab but couldn't help trying to leave a few things out. Install failed naturally. Do you think it will be possible to add the ability to leave some of the options blank in a future release so Windows will still prompt for the information? Specifically; Username, Password, Full Name and Computer Name? Also in the network location drop down I noticed you have three choices...Home, Work, Other. I chose "OTHER" and turns out that is the PUBLIC network? Just wondering about the name change. Once again I'm sure many here appreciate your hard work.

Edited by Peakr

@Peakr

Do you think it will be possible to add the ability to leave some of the options blank in a future release so Windows will still prompt for the information?

Yeah that could be possible. However, it will need more coding and work. I will think about it.

Anyways, could you post your autounattend.xml file.

Also in the network location drop down I noticed you have three choices...Home, Work, Other. I chose "OTHER" and turns out that is the PUBLIC network? Just wondering about the name change.

It does not depend on the name. It is an integer value. 1 means home 2 means ..... etc. I checked this part and it was OK.

The network that you mentioned, is it the network that Windows 7 detected automatically or it was detected after you installed a driver?

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards

Hm not sure but i experienced something bout this not long ago.

I did everything as usual and created the unattended and choosed "home" network.

Altho it did ask me when i plugged the network cable, which network i wanted to use...

Guessint, it only will pick it auto during setup if the network cable is connected.

@ Blue 4603

Your welcome :)

Could be good for oher knowing they have to have the cable connected if they want it to be selected automatically.

Some more tweaks would be nice to, ill try find them.

So when is the next update coming and will it have all the features on the to do or just 1-2 ?

@grabben

I think it is the time for the 0.4.x release. However, there is still some little issues that I want to resolve before proceeding.

You could follow the development on twitter. The link is in the first post.

Thanks for your feedback and help.

Regards

Is there, or will there be a RunOnce option in 7Customizer?

I just can't get WPI to launch after logon first time. trying to solve this for over two weeks now.....

Thanks for anyones reply.

Can u start the WPI through a batch file?

If yes, then you could mount the image and inside the folder:

%systemdrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

you can place the batch file.

Remember to make a line where you gonna delete this batch file or else it will start after every reboot.

For instance me, I made a shortcut and placed that in this folder. Then the original batch file is inside %windir%\install and the last line in the batch file I remove the shortcut (install.cmd.lnk) in my case.

@Franner:

Thanks for your reply!

I already tried the batch file, they are pre-made by some people who use WPI. In the manual it says that the batch file would be placed in the map:

"Sources" -->$OEM$-->$$-->setup-->scripts-->setupcomplete.cmd and then it should launch automatically but nothing happens??

Edited by crunch81

:no:

=== 7Customizer Started===

7Customizer verion: 0.4.0

7Customizer path: C:\7Customizer\7Customizer.exe

Current directory: c:\7Customizer

OS architecture: AMD64

Work folder found: True

Mount folder found: True

Extract utility found: True

Configuration file found: True

bootorder.txt file found: True

Boot sector file found: True

Elevated: True

Getting drive info

Free space: 43,6568031311035 GB

Getting drive info: Done

Saved Imagex path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe

Saved DISM path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe

Saved odcdimg path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\oscdimg.exe

Windows source path selected

Sources folder found

install.wim found

install.wim size: 2693 MB

Unexpected Error: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "c:\7Customizer\work\testimagex.bat" wurde verweigert.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)

bei _7Customizer.Form1.selectImagePathBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)