Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

• Please log in to reply
1625 replies to this topic

pedilover

pedilover

Junior

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
@Burn
it works very fine1 My mistake was, that I did not put my Win7 folder in the same partition. Now everythin is on C and it orks fine. I di not test any languages because i have a german win7 DVD.

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

franner

franner

• 45 posts
  • Joined 18-December 07
Hi blue4603 I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if its been suggested before.

I see you are using dism.exe, I would suggest to add something like removal of packages. You could make it like a check box or something so you could tick the boxes with what you want to remove.
Another thing is integration of drivers.

The project looks good :)

Guest_tcntad_*

Guest_tcntad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Hi blue4603 I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if its been suggested before.

I see you are using dism.exe, I would suggest to add something like removal of packages. You could make it like a check box or something so you could tick the boxes with what you want to remove.
Another thing is integration of drivers.

The project looks good :)

yea.. I believe he wrote that in his first post. all those things comes later:), especially integrating drivers.

Whynot get a good working software first before adding more stuff ?:=)

franner

franner

• 45 posts
  • Joined 18-December 07
Of course, but as he asks in the first thread, he want to suggestion too :). Its always nice to know what to do next after the software is running great :) . So a Todo list is nice to have even if the software is not complete

Guest_tcntad_*

Guest_tcntad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Of course, but as he asks in the first thread, he want to suggestion too :). Its always nice to know what to do next after the software is running great :) . So a Todo list is nice to have even if the software is not complete

Absolutely:)

Integrating drivers & Component removal is on the to do list, i just wish i could do some programming and had more knowledge bout this:(.

Also cleaning up and makin an iso or even burning it straight to dvd would be nice to see in the future but as already stated.. to do :)

blue4603

blue4603

7Customizer Developer

• Developer
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 10-October 09
@tcntad

Aha,well integrating and creating an iso worked fine (besides the iso turned out to be almost 4.7 GB).

But when starting the installation in sun virtualbox, why cant i choose language to use when installing and after? (Btw. i choosed not to create an unattended file but maybe i shouldve ?

Looks the same as this guy: http://www.msfn.org/...p;view=findpost

Edit: I took a look at 7Costumizer and it shows the languages (32bit) are integrated but i cant pick them when installing..

Edit2: Hm seems like ive to create an unattended file after all, am i able to choose which version and language to install ?

7Customizer integrates the languages only. You can change the language after you finish the installation. It can be done that the user could choose the language of the installation part but I think it will needs some work which I think I need to concentrate in adding new features rather than putting effort in such minor stuff. Maybe later I could take a look at this iddue.

@pedilover

@Burn
it works very fine1 My mistake was, that I did not put my Win7 folder in the same partition. Now everythin is on C and it orks fine. I di not test any languages because i have a german win7 DVD.

Glad it worked for you and thanks for the feedback

@franner
Thanks for the suggestion. A to do list is a nice thing. I will put it on the first thread.

Regards

Guest_tcntad_*

Guest_tcntad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

@tcntad

Aha,well integrating and creating an iso worked fine (besides the iso turned out to be almost 4.7 GB).

But when starting the installation in sun virtualbox, why cant i choose language to use when installing and after? (Btw. i choosed not to create an unattended file but maybe i shouldve ?

Looks the same as this guy: http://www.msfn.org/...p;view=findpost

Edit: I took a look at 7Costumizer and it shows the languages (32bit) are integrated but i cant pick them when installing..

Edit2: Hm seems like ive to create an unattended file after all, am i able to choose which version and language to install ?

7Customizer integrates the languages only. You can change the language after you finish the installation. It can be done that the user could choose the language of the installation part but I think it will needs some work which I think I need to concentrate in adding new features rather than putting effort in such minor stuff. Maybe later I could take a look at this iddue.

Regards

Yea i noticed :)

I know vLite did that when integrating languagepacks and i thougt 7Costumizer would do the same but appearently i was wrong :P

Could be a nice thing to choose language when installing and have that language after setup:)

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
you want to select language use an xml
<settings pass="windowsPE">
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<SetupUILanguage>
				<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
			</SetupUILanguage>
			<InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>
			<SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
			<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
			<UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
			<UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback>
		</component>

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

blue4603

blue4603

7Customizer Developer

• Developer
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 10-October 09

Yea i noticed smile.gif

I know vLite did that when integrating languagepacks and i thougt 7Costumizer would do the same but appearently i was wrong tongue.gif

Could be a nice thing to choose language when installing and have that language after setup:)

I agree. As I said in a future release I will try to resolve this issue.

@maxXPsoft

I think I already implemented that in 7Customizer but it is still not working.

Regards

dridzz

dridzz

• 41 posts
  • Joined 07-June 08
Hey blue, don't know if this will help you, but according to this thread HERE, vlite uses globalinstallorder.xml to remove stuff. Might want to take a look at it :rolleyes:

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Joined 28-January 04
Got it working on first go! I am ready for more features now! Great work.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   4.01KB   14 downloads

blue4603

blue4603

7Customizer Developer

• Developer
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 10-October 09
@dridzz

Thanks for the link.

@clavicle

Thanks for the feedback

Regards

mirecek1965

mirecek1965

• 26 posts
  • Joined 04-June 06
This have been STICKY! Many thanks for a tool :-D

Edited by mirecek1965, 08 November 2009 - 06:09 AM.

MSI Z87-G45 Gamer, ASUS GTX 660 Ti, 16 GiB RAM, 2x SSD 60 GiB, 1x 1 TiB data

x-layer

x-layer

• 19 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08
Hi.

I'm running latest version and i get error when try to select Win7 path:
Posted Image

Log is attached.

Any idea?

X

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   1.39KB   22 downloads

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Not the writer but try putting the program & your image in the root of your main drive eg"C".

franner

franner

• 45 posts
  • Joined 18-December 07

Hi.

I'm running latest version and i get error when try to select Win7 path:
Posted Image

Log is attached.

Any idea?

X

I guess the error is that you have space marks in the path (" "). Try make paths that doesn't have spaces like "C:\DVD\dism\dism.exe" or what is your linking.

x-layer

x-layer

• 19 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08
Hi.

I try what you propose but still not working for me.

jamesbebby

jamesbebby

• PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 26-February 09
hi, sound all good but did work 4 me........here my log.txt.
cheers james

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   2.18KB   29 downloads

Hopie

Hopie

• 16 posts
  • Joined 21-January 07
problem with "unexpected error"

missing testimagex.txt!?

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   1.63KB   18 downloads

Edited by Hopie, 09 November 2009 - 11:59 AM.

Guest_tcntad_*

Guest_tcntad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

hi, sound all good but did work 4 me........here my log.txt.
cheers james

Is D:\ your dvd?

Hope you know u cant add or change anything on a dvd, you need to copy it to your computer before you can work..

Guest_tcntad_*

Guest_tcntad_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

problem with "unexpected error"

missing testimagex.txt!?

Weird man..

Well dont know what the problem might be but an idea is to start all over again..

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

Finally found some time to test this and I got a question - where can I download WAIK for W7? Is there a final version publicly available?

x-layer

x-layer

• 19 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08

Finally found some time to test this and I got a question - where can I download WAIK for W7? Is there a final version publicly available?

Hi.

Here is LINK to Win 7 WAIK.

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

Thank you.
I got a suggestion or two to Blue then:

1) adding presets just like in vLite is planned? It would be nice.
2) when typing product key in, it would be nice if I could paste the whole string in instantly, without having to fill each box separately. Just click in the first one and paste.

So far it looks ok.

karlitos

karlitos
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
Hi Guys

I'm searching for some help, because I'm not able to make this work on my own.

I need to make a install CD from my Win7 64bit MSDNAA installation CD with included language pack. The Win 7 instalation is giong to be installed on my parents PC , I´m working on my older Centrino x86 Notebook with WinXP Home (was pre-installed there). I don't have any possibility to get/install Vista , i have no possibility to work on 64bit PC , I will see my family in couple of weeks and by that time I would like to have an Instalation CD with the right language pack. I don't own any Oil platfrom or money printer too. :no:

I tried to use the 7customizer , I tried to install the vLite, but I stuck on the installation of WAIK. The vLite needs this WAIK to be installed. But the installation procedure thrwos an error message : cannot read or access ...tools\PETools\ia64\winpe.wim , I can abort the instalation or I can push the "try again" button but it starst again and again till the days.

For the same reason I'm not able to try the 7Customizer. I also looked at this link - but I didn't understand a word. Now I' trying to install the WAIK for the Windows 7 , but I'm not sure if it works on XP Home

Please , can anyone help me ?

Karel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN