Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

PCHealth Uninstall

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
For the brave.
I done it a month ago and have seen no ill effects. May be different on different PCs. I have sucessfully re-installed by running and it just asks for your CD or I386 dir.

From RUN
rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\\INF\\PCHealth.inf

To Reinstall
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\pchealth.inf

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Bold_Fortune

Bold_Fortune

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 05-December 03
Hi maxXPsoft. I already have PCHealth removed from my system so I can't try out your method. I'm sure it is a very good method, too.

I just wanted to point out, that if your method removes all the files and folders with PCHealth, that "msconfig" is located there. What I do before I remove PCHealth is move msconfig to the system32 folder first.

Also, you will no longer be able to view System Information. I use the free program "aida32" instead. It's 500,000 times better than Windows' System Information.

Unless of course your method accounts for this, in which case you can disregard this.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Well I've had it removed but msconfig is still there although playing around with it it may have come back. But I never open that so whats the use of it at least to me.....You can get around and find all the info that gives you using different methods. It removes a boatload of other files though, anyone else just go look beforehand and then do it. I've jus found that pretty useless.
Sorta like Webcheck, its been gone also about same time.

BTW heres from the reg.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PCHealth]
"UninstallString"="rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\\WINDOWS\\INF\\PCHealth.inf"
"QuietUninstallString"="rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\\WINDOWS\\INF\\PCHealth.inf"

But where can you find to uninstall from a button. There isn't such a place I've found yet.
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Super Moderator
  • 3,189 posts
  • Joined 27-January 04
I've found some useful utilities that actually handle this process for you, among many others.

1. http://www.beta10.com/oppcomme.htm
2. http://downloads.pla...sc/srpsetup.exe

These were found at: http://www.mdgx.com/me1.htm#UPH

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

I've found some useful utilities that actually handle this process for you, among many others.

1.  http://www.beta10.com/oppcomme.htm
2.  http://downloads.pla...sc/srpsetup.exe

These were found at:  http://www.mdgx.com/me1.htm#UPH

On #1
Windows optional component maker "oppcom" for Windows ME
I have XP

Otherwise simply run a command in the RUN dialog like i posted and its gone. Don't need any utilities to do that.
Keep it lean and mean. The easiest method is achieved through the shortest route.
:)

Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Super Moderator
  • 3,189 posts
  • Joined 27-January 04
OppcomXP is in the works says the site, but they seem to get mad and delete their work.

In the Add/Remove Programs, OppCom adds a catagory there where you can add/remove the items as you see fit. Works nicely.

trahcwolf

trahcwolf
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-April 06
Late to the party as always...
I tried the methods described in these posts, but have
seen PCHealth resurrect itself
I tried RegSeeker to delete all existing entries as well

Any other methods ?

toddbowie

toddbowie
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
I am having trouble with PCHealth. The folder has exploded in size and is over 103 GB and takes up the remaining memory on my computer. I am not very computer savvy and was not sure how to properly employ the method at the top. A dell tech rep helping me found this post and said the only other way to fix this problem was to reinstall XP, which I really don't want to do. Could you help me out with a little more specific method with how to use this approach? Thanks.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
make sure you have your stuff backed up and are able to do a full reinstall if needed
Simple method to be able to do a reinstall of XP

just open a cmd prompt or in RUN cmd on start menu and paste and run that first line above. Reboot and see if that helped.

MeralyPC

MeralyPC
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-October 10

For the brave.
I done it a month ago and have seen no ill effects. May be different on different PCs. I have sucessfully re-installed by running and it just asks for your CD or I386 dir.

From RUN

rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\\INF\\PCHealth.inf

To Reinstall
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\pchealth.inf

will best of my opinion, using the latest windows PC health Software 2009 is the best software for OS. I'm not pc health expert so I agree to many pc health advisor.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Done that back in XP 2004. That PCHealth.inf don't exist in Windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users