Where should i start with Windows 7?

Hello i am here because i need some orientation with Windows 7.

I Build PCs for a living and up to now i was a combination of nLite, driver packs, and custom run ounce to install windows and all the program i wanted. That way i could just put the disk into the drive of any PC and wait 2 hours and i had i operating PC without moving a finger.

Now i know i can do pretty much the same thing with vLite. But here is i wanted to know if there were better option. here is what i thought about and i need opinion and direction please.

1. Imaging route. I would install the whole system and all the programs and then make an image of the system. Then store this image on an external hard drive on an other computer. The next time i build a similar system ( same CPU / MB combo at least) I could just '' restaure the image on a new drive and just plug it into the new system. Change the computer network name and windows serial key and that it. I am looking for a program that is made to do that. ca someone help me?

2. Sysprep. I do not know much about this method but i heard it is possible to do a lot with it. and i wander before i spend 2 days learning how it work i like to know if it will suit my needs.

Well, that would depend. If you're doing this for anything other than personal use, you shouldn't be using vLite or nLite anyway - it's a violation of the licensing agreement. I would instead suggest using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) as it can do what you are trying to do, has a fairly easy-to-use GUI, and is much more configurable with regards to how and when things get executed as compared to vLite.

Hello i am here because i need some orientation with Windows 7...

1. Imaging route. I would install the whole system and all the programs and then make an image of the system. Then store this image on an external hard drive on an other computer. The next time i build a similar system ( same CPU / MB combo at least) I could just '' restaure the image on a new drive and just plug it into the new system. Change the computer network name and windows serial key and that it. I am looking for a program that is made to do that. ca someone help me?...

Well, with the Windows Automated Installation Kit, it helps you to install, customize, and deploy the Microsoft Windows 7 beta family of operating systems. Click

* here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4ad85860-d1f4-42a1-a46c-e039e3d0db5d&DisplayLang=en) for its WAIK RTM Download Link.docx, or

* here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=47&p=1&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=4ad85860-d1f4-42a1-a46c-e039e3d0db5d&u=details.aspx%3ffamilyid%3d696DD665-9F76-4177-A811-39C26D3B3B34%26displaylang%3den) for Windows 7, or

* here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=47&p=2&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=4ad85860-d1f4-42a1-a46c-e039e3d0db5d&u=details.aspx%3ffamilyid%3d60A07E71-0ACB-453A-8035-D30EAD27EF72%26displaylang%3den) for Windows 7 RC.

Happy Imaging :rolleyes: !

Btw you can capture sysprep image in wim, use it in you windows 7 installation disk, for deployment, system reserve partition will be present, and ability to add last minutes mass storage drivers. I would would suggest check OPK, to create recovery that large oem like hp, dell, have been offering, for value adding.