Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vegettoxp

Buying a New 46" TV?

5 posts in this topic

Hello there Guys. in the next couple of months, I am planning to get a new LCD. Currently I have a Samsung 22" LCD Monitor and it is a really good hardware, but now I want something big.

This TV will be used for PC, XBOX 360, and Cable Box (HD Media). I am planning to pick up the ATI 5850 Graphic Card to go with my New TV. I am a BIG Samsung Fan and I have picked my first choice. I need your Guys Input and let me know if this is a Good Choice. If you guys have any other recommendation, share them with me. I am hoping I can get a Good Deal either on Black Friday or Online. Thank You for your opinion Guys.

SAMSUNG 46" 16:9 2ms 1080p 240Hz LCD HDTV LN46B750 (Newegg - $1429.00)

Link - http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-vide...mp;tab=features

Josh

It seems you have a lot of space, what about this?

I use sony 46" LCD HDTV for my pc and Xbox 360. I am fully satisfied with this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...ptre%2040"

imho, when 1080p 40" is $499, I could not bring myself to spend a G more for 6 additional square inches and 2.5ms off my wait time.

I realize sceptre is probably not comparable in brand name. However, since few players exist in LCD fabrication (the actual panels) I liken the market to CD-Rs; where there are surely horrible lots that come off the assembly, but those lots get distributed amongst many vendors so you might as well by the cheap stuff from a store with an excellent exchange/refund program.

There are fanboy forums where people jock certain sets of serials from certain vendors, much like the love given to Mitsui Toatsu CD-Rs. Probably have to do a bit more digging to see which manufacturers ship to which brands, at the moment my google skills are teh suck.

Edited by iamtheky