How to get rid of this window and what is the problem!?

Alintoro

Hi,

After installing my slipstreamed Win XP SP3 when i install the M/B Drivers i have a message:

44759810.png

I used to slipstream SP3 + all of the updates, Sata drivers and the following addons with nLite.

Addons:

KIS 10

7zip

IE8

VMware Workstation Lite

Adobe Flash and Shockwave Player AIO

Dotnet Framework 1-2-3-3.5 with service packs

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 5.3

Power Iso

Unlocker 1.8.8

This error Become just after installation and when i want to install M/B Drivers.

What do you think? and where is the problem!?

Thanks for quick reply.

My question is why i recieved this massage, i often use to nlite my XP but never get this massage before.

I never use to disable SFC before, so, more than the solution i want to know what is wrong with the integration.

Alintoro, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Alintoro, I see nothing obvious in your Last Session, but do have some questions. I see you have specified a theme. Usually these are unsigned and you need the SFX Option to get the theme included. If you use this option, you need to use the Disable SFC Option. In this Last Session, you did not do that. Have you run nLite more than once against the same source? If so, that is your problem. If not, please let us know what file SFC is complaining about. It looks like you have gotten away with a potential problem with your text mode drivers. You have included many and in text mode only the last is used. You should really determine which driver(s) you need and include it and no others. If you are still having this problem, then I would suggest that you remove all your AddOns and see if the problem goes away. One may need the SFC Option. You can look at your source for all your AddOns or just use trial and error to determine which one if it is one. I'll leave you with, make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Thanks for your care John.

I'm not a professional but indeed a fan of nlite and slipstreaming, i use to integrate my win xp each 4~5 months with all of the updates and some addons.

With my past experience, i never disabled SFC option and as i know the themes and styles are unsigned, i always use to enable "Uxtheme Patch" option in nlite and never get such an error before. This is the first time i've experienced this message.

Is it a must have option (disabling SFC) when i enable "Uxtheme patch"!? if the answer is yes, why i get this error for the first time in these years?

Have you run nLite more than once against the same source?

No, i used once.

If not, please let us know what file SFC is complaining about

don't know, because i have not any option to know which file is missing or replaced. when i click on "more information" there is another window repeating the same message "insert your win xp..."

Is there any way to underestand which file or files are missing?

when i insert xpcd and click on retry, there is another error with the same message after about one min and after retrying again, there is no message and error.

About the text mode drivers, i've read it in a site i don't remember about 2 years ago, after that i use to select all of the drivers.

I would suggest that you remove all your AddOns and see if the problem goes away.

i'll give it a try.

make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit

Always.

in the last integration i saw an old update in my automatic updates window that was not seen before "KB898461", don't you guess there is a conflict with this update!?

Thanks again for your care.

KB898461 installs a permanent copy of Package Installer for Windows to enable software updates to have a significantly smaller download installs from Windows Update. You can get it here and add it to nLite; I did. It's meant for SP1 and SP2, but it wasn't included in SP3, so disregard that point from the download page.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Alintoro, I played with SFC some time ago and I am beginning to think my memory is not serving me well. I thought there was a statement somewhere that said if you used the uxtheme Option, you needed to use the SFC disable to get rid of the message you are getting. I could not find it. Since nLite alters a dll to implement uxtheme options it does make sense to me. I also seem to remember that there was a way to see the file that SFC was complaining about. I was also mistaken about not finding the DoUxTheme (I called it SFX, for some unknown reason - Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most, Unknown author) Patch but it is there. I hope you are testing under a virtual system (VirtualBox, VirtualPC and VMware Server are all free), so you can try some things. I would suggest that you try not setting the uxtheme option and see if that corrects it, then do the AddOn suggestion I gave earlier. Enjoy, John.

Unfortunately there is no error when i use virtual machine (VMware), i get the message when i install the windows in PC.

Ok, i had enough time to integrate and install the new one.

Source: Win xp sp2

SP3 + all of the updates till now

WMP11 + all updates

Sata drivers

UXTheme patch enabled and no change in SFC (default)

Some tweaks with adding themes.

The result was "error free" with no more WFP message.

It seems there is a problem with addons.

What is your guess!?

Due to my work and..., i have no chance to test all of the addons one by one, which addon do you think causing the trouble!?

Alintoro, not being a heavy user of AddOns, I may not be the best to recommend. But, I suspect it is not the 7-Zip, IE8 (either), or .NET. I would be less suspicious of Unlocker and Reader Lite. You don't need to test one-by-one. For example, take out all but the ones I mentioned, and test. Still get the error, then take out half of them, if no error, put in half the ones you took out. This is kind of a binary search and you should be able to find the bad one in a few iterations (3 or 4). Since it does not happen on VM, it may be an AddOn that has a driver in it. Since your VM does not the have the requisite HW, the driver is not loaded and the error not detected. This idea guided my choice of AddOns. You might look at where you got the ones you think contain drivers and see it they recommend disabling SFC. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

it may be an AddOn that has a driver in it...

I checked them, Unluckily there is no explanation about the drivers in those addons.

OK, if i'll be lucky, atleast 3 times integration and if i wont.... :(

It seems there is no way, i have to try in the next days.

The problem solved.

Just the explanation for the others:

First of all i checked for the new version of those addons, I downloaded the ones i was suspicious about, but didn't integrate them.

In the first step i used these addons, 7zip, Flash & Shockwave AIO and Dotnet Framework 1-2-3-3.5 with service packs without any problem.

In the second step i added KIS 2010, IE8 and VMware Workstation Lite, again without any problem.

In the last step i added the new versions of K-lite and Power ISO without Unlocker, with no error.

For me that was enough and was not necessary to go further, so the problem could be from Unlocker or old version of K-lite or Power ISO.

Some antivirus products reported Unlocker 1.8.7 and Unlocker 1.8.8 as a virus. I already knew that, so I disabled antivirus protection when I added Unlocker to the CD. However, once Unlocker is installed, AV products don't seem to complain. It's possible that your AV removed Unlocker, you weren't notified about it, but the lines in install files remained and produced an error.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt