nvidia drivers for dell mini 9

pedrocamarero48

pedrocamarero48, what first post? Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I get many, many hits when I Google nvrd32.sys. Many people are missing this file. Are you trying to install from a USB stick? If so, see the forum here on USB stick install. You cannot just copy the CD files to the stick and expect it to work.

Edited by johnhc

a)I was referring to the first post by Fernando 1 in this same thread where I read the following:

A. Integration of the nForce RAID drivers

(if the OS will be installed onto any RAID partition)

Short form guide

(for hasty users, who want a quick result)

If you want to create a bootable OS CD, which will detect your RAID and be successfully installed onto it, you should do the following:

Get the actual nLite version from here and install it (.NET Framework 2.0 or equivalent is needed).

Download and unzip one of the following already prepared drivers (the choice depends on the OS, which shall be installed, and the nForce chipset of the destination desktop/laptop):

a. Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 (32bit)

for nForce2/3/4 SataRAID and PataRAID systems:

32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v6.99 built by Fernando (download link)

for nForce 630i/620i/610i (MCP73) SataRAID systems:

32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v10.1.0.28 WHQL (download link)

for all other nForce SataRAID systems:

32bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.46 WHQL (download link)

or

32bit nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 mod by Fernando (download link)

b)Could you explain about the "Last Session.ini" bit?. I´m s newbie.

c) I wasn´t trying to reinstall with a USB stick. I bought myself an external CD/DVD drive and was using the CDs that came with the Mini 9.

d)Thanks for your help. I will report back with my proceedings as soon as I get some results.

@ pedrocamarero48:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Preliminary note:

Why did you start a new thread? It would have been far better, if you would have posted your problem into >this< thread.

It was just by chance, that I found and read your support request.

Now to your problem:

Does anybody know which drivers of those in the first post should I slipstream into my CD?
No, I am not even sure, that any of the related NVIDIA SATARAID drivers will work with your system.

If you want help, you should give us the following informations:

1. Are you sure, that you really need to load/integrate a separate textmode driver?
    Windows XP SP3 can easily be installed without loading/integrating any third party driver, unless the SATA Controller has been set to "AHCI" or "RAID".
    Advice: Check your BIOS settings. Alternatively you may try to boot off the original XP CD. If your hdd/SSD will be detected, you don't need to load/integrate any driver.
  2. Why do you think, that you need to load/integrate a NVIDIA textmode driver?
    Notice: According to my knowledge the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 has an Intel 945GSE chipset. Intel chipset RAID or AHCI systems usually need an Intel RAID/AHCI driver.
  3. Who is the vendor and which is the chipset of the SATA Controller, where the hdd/SSD of your Dell Mini 9 is connected?
    Advice: If you can still boot into your old XP: Which Controllers are listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" sections of your XP Device Manager?
    Just post us the names of the listed Controllers.

I´m trying to reinstall the XP, but I can´t get past the "nvrd32.sys. file is missing" screen.
I suspect, that you tried to load a NVIDIA SATARAID driver by using the F6 method. That doesn't work, if your XP CD has already been prepared for an unattended install. By the way: This has nothing to do with the question, if you have chosen the correct driver or not.

Advice: Look into the i386 directory of your XP CD for a file named WINNT.SIF. If you find it, you have to integrate the eventually needed textmode driver into the XP CD. Don't hit F6 when prompted!

Edited by Fernando 1

Could you explain about the "Last Session.ini" bit?. I´m s newbie.
pedrocamarero48, after you run nLite, a file named Last Session.ini is created and stored in your source folder. The information in it is very useful for helping you, but please attach (not paste). There is also a Last Session_u.ini that contains private information and normally should not be posted. Enjoy, John.

to Fernando 1

No, I am not even sure, that any of the related NVIDIA SATARAID drivers will work with your system.

If you want help, you should give us the following informations:

1. Are you sure, that you really need to load/integrate a separate textmode driver?

Windows XP SP3 can easily be installed without loading/integrating any third party driver, unless the SATA Controller has been set to "AHCI" or "RAID".

Advice: Check your BIOS settings. Alternatively you may try to boot off the original XP CD. If your hdd/SSD will be detected, you don't need to load/integrate any driver.

2. Why do you think, that you need to load/integrate a NVIDIA textmode driver?

Notice: According to my knowledge the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 has an Intel 945GSE chipset. Intel chipset RAID or AHCI systems usually need an Intel RAID/AHCI driver.

3. Who is the vendor and which is the chipset of the SATA Controller, where the hdd/SSD of your Dell Mini 9 is connected?

Advice: If you can still boot into your old XP: Which Controllers are listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" sections of your XP Device Manager?

Just post us the names of the listed Controllers

1. No, I´m not sure at all. I haven´t changed any settings. Where could I change the SATA controller from?. I´ve searching through the BIOS and

never got to see that option.

2.- My only reason was some reading that I did through Forums. People related the "nvrd32.sys. file is missing" to not hsving the right drivers.

Yes, the chipset is Intel 945 GM, and ".

3.-if I copied it right "Vendor 8086 Product 27A6". How can I find the info about the "SATA Controller, where the hdd/SSD of your Dell Mini 9 is

connected".

Yes, I can still boot into the old XP. I don´t know where to find the info about controllers you asked me about, Is it under Control Panel?.

By the way I informed Dell Support Department about my plight, and they offered to come and pick up thee Mini 9. They asked me to carry out

some Diagnostics, which showed no problems. They said it might have something to do with the OS CD not being good, and they would reinstall

it themselves and provide me with another CD. The Mini is still under guarantee fortunately.

to johnhc: I have pasted the Last Session.ini

Thank you both very much

Last_Session__2009.11.09_21.04.14_.ini

Yes, I can still boot into the old XP. I don´t know where to find the info about controllers you asked me about, Is it under Control Panel?.
Please boot into Windows XP and open the Device Manager. Then look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" sections.

There you will find the SATA/AHCI/RAID Controllers of your system.

You will get more informations, if you to a right-click onto each shown Controller > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareID's".

If you can, please post the names and the HardwareID's of the listed Controllers (not interesting at all are the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controllers".

Please boot into Windows XP and open the Device Manager. Then look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" sections

These are the only two controllers under IDE ATA/ATAPI

- Canal IDE principal

- Intel®82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF

These are the only two controllers under IDE ATA/ATAPI

- Canal IDE principal

- Intel®82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF

Here is my conclusion:

You don't need to integrate any third party driver into the Windows XP CD, because your the SATA Controller of your mainboard obviously is neither running in AHCI nor in RAID Mode.

Now back to the start post of this thread:

Does anybody know which drivers of those in the first post should I slipstream into my CD?

My mini is running Windows XP sp3.

I´m trying to reinstall the XP, but I can´t get past the "nvrd32.sys. file is missing" screen.

You got this error message, because you booted off a Windows XP CD, into which someone had integrated a wrong driver. No original XP CD contains a file named "NVRD32.SYS" and Windows Setup would never search for such file, unless someone had tried to load (F6) or to integrate any NVIDIA nForce SATARAID driver folder content. This was an absolutely wrong procedure, because your mainboard neither has an nForce chipset nor an nForce SATA/RAID Controller.

You got this error message, because you booted off a Windows XP CD, into which someone had integrated a wrong driver. No original XP CD contains a file named "NVRD32.SYS" and Windows Setup would never search for such file, unless someone had tried to load (F6) or to integrate any NVIDIA nForce SATARAID driver folder content. This was an absolutely wrong procedure, because your mainboard neither has an nForce chipset nor an nForce SATA/RAID Controller

So, it would be fair to assume that the CD that came with the mini 9 was not a good one. Not a credit to the people involved in Dell´s packaging.

And yet Dell´s customer service couldn´t be better, they took the mini on Monday and on Thursday I had it back with new software installed.

Thank you Fernando for enlightening me.