unattended wifi settings how do you setup the wifi unattended in windows 7?
Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:07 AM
I have created a windows 7 unattended and all is working well, this website has been a great help in doing so. I have hit a snag though in trying to automatically setup the wireless settings in windows 7. I have looked and just canít seem to find any information to automate it.
What I want is a script similar to what zwlancfg( http://www.engl.co.u...ncfg/index.html ) does, which I used in XP, but they have since removed this from freeware.
Or is it possible to do it in the unattend.xml?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:03 AM
EDIT: Most those settings are placed in the registry so export a file and import it be best shot and easy,
Grab the Installwatchpro here and track the changes made and export the reg.
This post has been edited by maxXPsoft: 10 November 2009 - 07:10 AM
Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:26 PM
I had a friend email me a newer version of the freeware zwlancfg, version 2.1
It works in windows 7, but you need to use the import and export profile feature if you want the wireless profile to have auto conenction working.
I also had to run the exe in compatability mode for vista, but it still seems to work fine.
Attached the program
Number of downloads: 126
Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:46 PM
Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:44 PM
1. Get a computer that has the wireless lan configurations
2. run this command (may need to be admin): netsh wlan export profile folder="PATH_TO_FOLDER" name=PROFILENAME
3. That created an XML file
4. Create a batch file
5. type this into the batch file: netsh wlan add profile filename="\XMLFILE.XML" user=all
6. Edit the XML file: Where it says <protected> </protected> change it to say <protected>false</protected> and put the key between the <keyMaterial>ENTER YOUR KEY HERE</keyMaterial>
7. Make sure you put into the post installation command to run the batch file that you created (i.e. c:\wirelesslan\RUNME.BAT)
Hope this helps?
Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:21 AM
Get your wifi and IP Settings.
** Not needed when using DHCP **
netsh wlan show profiles
to show all profiles
If you want to see the details of your profiles, use this command:
netsh wlan show all
netsh wlan export profile folder="PATH_TO_FOLDER" name=PROFILENAME
netsh wlan add profile filename="PATH_AND_FILENAME.xml" Interface="Wireless Network Connection"
export all profiles
netsh wlan export profile folder="%USERPROFILE%\Desktop" key=clear
The key=clear is to get a readable WiFi password
netsh -c interface dump > c:\ip-settings.txt
to save your ip settings. IP gateway DNS etc etc
Then in a script
@ECHO OFF netsh wlan add profile filename="WiFi-ABC.xml" Interface="Wireless Network Connection" netsh wlan add profile filename="WiFi-XYZ.xml" Interface="Wireless Network Connection" netsh wlan add profile filename="WiFi-SOMEONE.xml" Interface="Wireless Network Connection" netsh wlan add profile filename="WiFi-ERROR-404.xml" Interface="Wireless Network Connection" netsh exec "ip-settings.txt"
netsh IP Settings
- ← [Solved] Win7 Unattended x64 problems
- Unattended Windows 7/Server 2008R2
- How to change windows 7 setup background. →