windows 7 drivers proplems

amhawal

Salam

i already install windows 7 in my machine "HP Pavilion dv4280AE" , it was wonderful OS but i face problem with hardware drivers, what i can do hp.com give only one file and i don't understand it yet ..

any body can do something to me .. please

The great thing about Windows 7 is it usually includes most hardware drivers.

Anyway, if you want to try updating, go to the HP site, download the drivers for your model, and simply install them.

If it's only one file, that's OK.

However, are you sure that's the correct model number? Google only brings up one entry, and it's this post?

You also haven't posted any information on the "problem with hardware drivers"?

For Intel onboard graphics: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm (See if it detects and recommends software/drivers)

For Realtek, you can download drivers from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/product...el=5&Conn=4 (I don't know the exact model yours is from the info you provided)

For Intel Pro Network: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro2200bg/

Before you do any of that, however, you should install the latest motherboard drivers from HP. I did a Google search with the model number you provided, and it only returned this site.

That can't be right? Are you sure of the model number?

Has anybody been able to get a Radeon 9200 to work. I have this card in a Vista HTPC and it works fine for what I need right now. I spent three hours trying to get this card to work with no luck. I tried Win XP drivers, which work but I get a blue screen anytime I restart and then have to manually change the resolution. AMD/ATI doesn't have any drivers supporting this card. I found one post about somebody getting it to work by getting the dll's from a working Vista installation and copying them to the Windows 7 PC but I'd rather not "hack" this since my wife uses it during the day and she's not very technical, it just needs to work all the time.

I know it's an old card and I plan to upgrade to a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, video, etc but wanted to see how well the performance is on my current hardware to decide what to buy.

@bolus14, try the Windows 2000 driver.

I used it for Windows 7 on a 9200SE, and it ran OK, BUT I didn't really test it thoroughly or run any 3D applications. It rebooted and ran Windows, and there was no problem with the resolution.

It's either that, or try installing the XP driver in compatibility mode, or use the dll method.

As you stated, an upgrade is really the best thing. A decent card will also give you the best Windows 7 experience.

Edited by Insomneac