Ask your Seven xml ? here

<CommandLine>cmd /C start /wait /i %AppsRoot%\install\install.bat ALLUSERS=1 /qb! /norestart</CommandLine>
You have 2 issues with your commandline, you don't use a .msi switch with a .exe install and also you don't use a silent switch with a bat file

Since we don't know what is in his "install.bat", I suppose he could be passing "ALLUSERS=1 /qb! /norestart" as parameters?

Cheers and Regards

I am sure 7-zip doesn't require a reboot for anything.

Did you do a UA install with 7-zip? you must not have or you would not say that, anyway I DID and after completion I noticed 7-zip was not showing up until I did a logoff or reboot..

<CommandLine>cmd /C start /wait /i %AppsRoot%\install\install.bat ALLUSERS=1 /qb! /norestart</CommandLine>
You have 2 issues with your commandline, you don't use a .msi switch with a .exe install and also you don't use a silent switch with a bat file

Since we don't know what is in his "install.bat", I suppose he could be passing "ALLUSERS=1 /qb! /norestart" as parameters?

Cheers and Regards

Bobbymat26 posted that he was doing a ua install with Windows 7 32-bit and the 7-zip website Does Not offer a 32-bit .msi file only a .exe but as you can see his silent switch is for the .msi, I also requested from him the install.bat file a few days ago but am still waiting on it

DP

Hopefully a couple simple questions:

Exact lines needed in the Autounattend.xml file
to make sure I can choose which partition to format & install to.
Want to install to a partition other than my first partition
and make sure that other partitions are not formatted.

Are these the only lines needed, and where placed?:
<DiskConfiguration>
<WillShowUI>Always</WillShowUI>
</DiskConfiguration>

Are there any disk wipe options I can search for in Autounattend.xml
to make sure the disk wipe options are not set yes or set off?
The "off" settings needed or just remove?

When I use VMware Player to install, it seems to not give a choice;
but then it only has one “Virtual HDD” it is installing to
and seems to be doing its own install thing (also asks for license key).

Thanks

Edited by RUSerious

Hopefully a couple simple questions:

Exact lines needed in the Autounattend.xml file

to make sure I can choose which partition to format & install to.

Want to install to a partition other than my first partition

and make sure that other partitions are not formatted.

Are these the only lines needed, and where placed?:

<DiskConfiguration>

</DiskConfiguration>

Are there any disk wipe options I can search for in Autounattend.xml

to make sure the disk wipe options are not set yes or set off?

The "off" settings needed or just remove?

When I use VMware Player to install, it seems to not give a choice;

but then it only has one “Virtual HDD” it is installing to

and seems to be doing its own install thing (also asks for license key).

Thanks

Would help if you provided your autounattend.xml file for everyone to look at and also what Windows 7 OS version, and bitness..

DP :whistle:

Edited by DosProbie

Would help if you provided your autounattend.xml file for everyone to look at and also what Windows 7 OS version, and bitness.. DP

Just trying to keep this thread clean.

Added the DiskConfiguration before the Display (both places, x86 & amd64):

<DiskConfiguration>

</DiskConfiguration>

<Display>

And there are no lines in my Autounattend.xml file for CreatePartitions or Wipe.

Thanks

edit= Trying to install Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Edited by RUSerious

Then use spolier tags, like this:

<DiskConfiguration>

</DiskConfiguration>

<Display>

but put in the entire file so we can make sure that there are no interactions. Blank out any keys, user names or passwords with xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx etc.

Cheers and Regards

Would help if you provided your autounattend.xml file for everyone to look at and also what Windows 7 OS version, and bitness.. DP

Added the DiskConfiguration before the Display (both places, x86 & amd64):

<DiskConfiguration>

</DiskConfiguration>

<Display>

And there are no lines in my Autounattend.xml file for CreatePartitions or Wipe.

Thanks

edit= Trying to install Win7 Ultimate 64bit

@RUSerious - If you want to create and wipe the drive manually just leave out the <DiskConfiguration> Section which contains the CreatePartitions and ModifyPartition then your install will prompt you at the "Install Windows" screen with "Disk options" for selecting the Drive Partition and Format options.

P.S you also mentioned x86 in your autounattend , which you don't need if doing a 64-bit install

<settings pass="windowsPE">   <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">      <ImageInstall>        <OSImage>          <InstallFrom>            <MetaData wcm:action="add">              <Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key><!-- Specifies OS and KEY To Install from the X:\sources\product.ini file-->              <value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</value>            </MetaData>          </InstallFrom>          <InstallToAvailablePartition>false</InstallToAvailablePartition>          <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>        </OSImage>      </ImageInstall>

@RUSerious - If you want to create and wipe the drive manually just leave out the <DiskConfiguration> Section which contains the CreatePartitions and ModifyPartition then your install will prompt you at the "Install Windows" screen with "Disk options" for selecting the Drive Partition and Format options.

P.S you also mentioned x86 in your autounattend , which you don't need if doing a 64-bit install

<settings pass="windowsPE">   <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">      <ImageInstall>        <OSImage>          <InstallFrom>            <MetaData wcm:action="add">              <Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key><!-- Specifies OS and KEY To Install from the X:\sources\product.ini file-->              <value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</value>            </MetaData>          </InstallFrom>          <InstallToAvailablePartition>false</InstallToAvailablePartition>          <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>        </OSImage>      </ImageInstall>

I also had added that short 3 line <DiskConfiguration> section to the <settings pass="oobeSystem"> and I think that was causing some problems when it got to "Setup Is checking video performance".

Using VMware Player and finally got it to finish after a few modifications.

Should have just left it out completely, but didn't want to take the chance of not having the choice.

I don't know why I had everything in both 32 & 64 bit.

I used WinToolkit to make it and must have missed a setting somewhere.

@DosProbie

Sorry, but don't understand what the code above is meant to show?

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by RUSerious

• 2 weeks later...

I have read a lot of replies to what people ask but 24 pages is a lot of pages to read through. so please forgive me if this has already been answered. I am making an unattended.xml file for a windows 7 installation. But I have place the entire windows DvD onto an active partition. What I am trying to do is set the Unattended.xml file to not only install but reinstall Windows 7 as needed without erasing the active partition, but just erasing the second partition and reinstalling Windows on that partition. how do I tell windows to do that using the Unattended.xml? Thanks

• 3 months later...

Bobbymat26 sorry for the late reply, setupcomplete.cmd with the 7Zip920.exe /S switch or a WinRAR.sfx would do nicely. I have never seen a .bat run successfully under this .xml, what is / was AppsRoot.txt SETX? Want to run it from your %systemdrive%?  Put your 7Zip920.exe in your GSP1RMCULFRER_EN\sources\$oem$\$1 folder and reference it from your SynchronousCommand. If you need a folder on %systemdrive% create a folder GSP1RMCULFRER_EN\sources\$oem$\$1\FLOGONok.

Edited by jimathome

• 5 months later...

Me personally I never seemed to get PreferredPlan to work to set High performance as the default power plan no matter where I add it, I have to use this instead with FirstLogonCommands

<FirstLogonCommands>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <CommandLine>powercfg -setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c</CommandLine>                    <Description>Sets 'High performance' Power Plan</Description>                    <Order>1</Order>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>

might have to try that,

I leave it in there so I can keep messing with it

Pick one.

FileWrite($file, '        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-powercpl" processorArchitecture="' & $OSArchitecture & '" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">' & @CRLF)

FileWrite($file, '            <PreferredPlan>8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c</PreferredPlan>' & @CRLF)

;FileWrite($file, '            <PreferredPlan>' & $Powercpl & '</PreferredPlan>' & @CRLF)

;FileWrite($file, '            <PreferredPlan>8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c</PreferredPlan>' & @CRLF);High Performance

;FileWrite($file, '            <PreferredPlan>a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a</PreferredPlan>' & @CRLF);Power saver

;FileWrite($file, '            <PreferredPlan>381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e</PreferredPlan>' & @CRLF);Balenced

FileWrite($file, '        </component>' & @CRLF & @CRLF)