Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Ask your Seven xml ? here

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Thanks I modified the enclosed file and it works great !!!. The only thing it asks is the windows version and which disk to install.

Yes, because you need to make your AutoUnattend.xml a new time with the first windows asking you what version you want.
Close and restart Se7en_UA.exe.
Make an other time your file with selected option (windows version) and before put your file AutoUnattend.xml inside the folder: Se7en_UA\My Files\
You must edit the fisrt window a new time, for the Windows version!
And use xml creator Se7en_UA, like as I tell you: click after changes "Save" and OK; and next window: OK.

Control your AutoUanttend.xml inside Se7en_UA\uaDVD\. If you want, you can deleete the AutoUnattend_OLD.xml.

Example: you must write: 5 - Ultimate (for Windows Ultimate)

That's mean, if you have an error, you need to do all the process and write at the first windows the choise for your version, because even if the file is good, the window asking your version appears during the unattended installation!

Regards.

Edited by myselfidem, 20 March 2010 - 09:59 AM.

For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
All is goo. I corrected the windows version in the xml file. Thanks to all for your assistance !!!!!

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

All is goo. I corrected the windows version in the xml file. Thanks to all for your assistance !!!!!

Thanks! Posted Image

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,907 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

This seems to be a good topic, so I pinned it for now!

B)
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Hanzo

Hanzo
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-April 10
How about a guide for using WSIM from the WAIK 2.0, for creating the unattend xml. If people can see how catalog components effect the answer file, and how to enable them in the answer file, if would make the understanding of what is going on during the install better.
I know there are easier ways to do this, but I personally think using the tool which comes with the kit would be the best, not having to run many different programs to get the results i.e vlite, and others.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

I know there are easier ways to do this, but I personally think using the tool which comes with the kit would be the best, not having to run many different programs to get the results i.e vlite, and others.

True but

The easy ways were created I believe since
a. MS don't help much with their 1.5Gb download. They don't show full examples of say Dvd, Ris or whatever. You get error's you crash and burn.
b. People still get error's and go seeking help. Edit: Most this is answered not from MS but by other users that have, Been there done that
c. A lot of people on dial-up or limited internet access and 1.5gb download is not a good thing. I've been there so I know.
d. They want it fast. No time to wade through all the mess that many before have already done and can give guidance of their methods

Edited by maxXPsoft, 15 April 2010 - 05:47 PM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
Hey brother I have already insalled WAIK and I wish to make my answer file by myself can you please tell me how to set a custom theme as default them with xml file. I mean I need to know the option where I would find theme option if I am making an answer file with the help of WSIM?

I have used some already made xml for applying custom theme but not working properly.

I want to integrate some custom themes and would like to apply one of them as default theme.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

I want to integrate some custom themes and would like to apply one of them as default theme.

Hello!

You can find help inside: "Unattentend Windows Setup Reference for Windows 7.chm" include with WAIK for Windows 7:

Extract:
Applies To
For a list of the supported Windows editions and architectures that this component supports, see Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup.

XML Example
The following XML output shows how to set a customized theme.

<Themes>
   <ThemeName>Fabrikam Theme</ThemeName>
   <DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
   <DesktopBackground>%WINDIR%\web\wallpaper\fabrikam.jpg</DesktopBackground>
   <BrandIcon>%programfiles%\Fabrikam\fabrikam-logo.png</BrandIcon>
   <ScreenSaver>Bubbles.scr</ScreenSaver>

<WindowColor>Violet</WindowColor>
</Themes>

Write inside Index: "Themes" for more informations!

I hope that will help you! :rolleyes:

Edited by myselfidem, 19 April 2010 - 12:36 PM.

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
Thanks for your reply but as I have already metioned in my previous post that I tried some ready made xml but when I try to install my OS after editing my OS doesn't apply that custom theme infact it is using Default aero theme as default theme. Secondly I have replaced all three theme files with patched patched files but then also aero theme is not working then I had to use unversal theme patcher for patching those files once again.

Do I need to make any more changes other then the name in the theme in the Autounattend.xml, as mere changing name is not applying custom theme as default theme?

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

Secondly I have replaced all three theme files with patched patched files but then also aero theme is not working then I had to use unversal theme patcher for patching those files once again.

so if you used patched themes then you are adding the patched theme dll? It allows other themes besides ms
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09

so if you used patched themes then you are adding the patched theme dll? It allows other themes besides ms

This is not the problem for me anymore, as I have already mentioned I have already patched all 3 theme files with universal theme patcher and now everything is fine apart from applying custom theme as default theme.

If you can tell me where I can add that option in my answer file when I would try to create an answer file with WSIM.

I don't want to use a ready made answer file.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
http://www.askvg.com...s-in-windows-7/
You're saying you patched the themes but did you do this?
Like other Windows versions, Windows 7 also doesn't allow 3rd party themes to be used by default and you'll need to patch following 3 system files to be able to use 3rd party themes in Windows 7:

* uxtheme.dll
* themeui.dll
* themeservice.dll
And add them to your mounted source?
I'll do that here next day or so and see what happens.

Far as your sig: I don't want to use a ready made answer file.
No one should, examples are only that, customize whichever way you want.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,907 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

OK I have a question then. So you can only get custom themes from the answer file if you patch the files?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
I have already patched my files and replaced those files in the mounted install.wim. Aero theme is not a problem for me anymore. Now only applying my custom theme is problem for me.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

I have already patched my files and replaced those files in the mounted install.wim. Aero theme is not a problem for me anymore. Now only applying my custom theme is problem for me.

I'll get there, made a messup with install yesterday and theme didn't take complete but still looking at it

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Solved Theme
http://www.msfn.org/...-with-your-xml/

AutoUnattend.xml
<settings pass="oobeSystem">
         <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
            <Themes>
                <ThemeName>C:\Windows\resources\Themes\landscapes.theme</ThemeName>
                <DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
                <DesktopBackground>%WINDIR%\web\wallpaper\Landscapes\img7.jpg</DesktopBackground>
            </Themes>
        </component>
you must select img from <DesktopBackground> within your modded theme
change processorArchitecture="amd64" to your processor

Edited by Tripredacus, 10 September 2010 - 08:32 AM.
fixed link

kevin34

kevin34

• 25 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
I know this has probably been answered, I have read the help files for the WAIK on configuration passes a couple times and am still unclear about something. How do I know where to add specific settings and if I add them in one spot do I need them in others? I understand in what steps the passes run and know that all component settings aren't available for all passes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

I know this has probably been answered, I have read the help files for the WAIK on configuration passes a couple times and am still unclear about something. How do I know where to add specific settings and if I add them in one spot do I need them in others? I understand in what steps the passes run and know that all component settings aren't available for all passes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin

Look at first post for a X86 example with a lot of settings. X64 in 2nd post. The more you add means less you answer or set for your final system. Then feel free to ask ? from there.

kevin34

kevin34

• 25 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
Hey max, thanks for the reply much appreciated. I have looked through the xml files that you posted quite a few times previously. I understand the part about the more I answer the less I end up doing after the install. My question I suppose is just if there are multiple passes to enter the same component information does it make a difference which pass I supply the information to. This may not make any sense, I have a feeling I am not understanding the passes clearly even though I read the MS help files a number of times. If there is a better resource you know of please let me know. I'm very accustomed to the 2000\XP style unattended setup so please bear with me if possible. :) Have a good one.

Kevin

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
MS gave options to do a lot of different things like dvd or WDS and if you doing anything besides Dvd you will add things a lot in earlier Passes. Setting language you want to see in each pass is straight forward or defaults to dvd default. I built this to serve many languages so giving settings for each pass. Screen also but if you don't set MS defaults to what they do in each. If you're doing a dvd install my examples will get through that no problem with xml on a usb stick or floppy. Not a lot of repetition.
I have more here cause these things also serve to use Auditsystem and Audituser passes.

kevin34

kevin34

• 25 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
For now I'll just use a regular DVD\USB install, but eventually I will run WDS from one of my servers. You mentioned the audit mode as well, that's another one I'm not sure if I am clear on, is that just for setting a system back to default then implementing your xml settings or such? Thanks a bunch for your replies I really appreciate it.

Kevin

MrJinje

MrJinje

Toolâ„¢ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 14-October 09
Well each pass controls a portion of the installation. From an high level XP perspective, the windowsPE pass is very similar to the TextMode portion. Most of the it's settings involve formatting, OS file copy, all the things that happen prior to the first reboot. Other passes control other portions of the install and some passes are only used during special situations. For instance the Audit passes are commonly skipped by vanilla unattended DVD's, but anyone running sysprep will use them.

You mention how some settings are duplicated and on paper it appears that way, but that is not the case. A few days ago a user was having trouble specifying domain cred's for his WDS installation (using the oobeSystem domaincred), but the problem was his error occurred during the windowsPE portion. For his installation we needed to provide the credentials twice, once during the windowsPE pass (to connect to the WDS server), and the second time during oobeSystem pass to join the new machine to the domain. So these are not really duplicates, but two distinct settings with different uses. You will find this is the case with most of the duplicated settings.

Here is quick rundown of what a normal DVD installation goes through . (i'm missing the second reboot, not sure where exactly that happens)

1) windowsPE pass occurs
2) offlineservicing (if enabled) occurs - followed by reboot. - this is end of the boot.wim session
3) After reboot - Specialize pass
4) Finally the oobeSystem
5) SetupComplete.cmd occurs last (if using $OEM$)
6) First login occurs - desktop appears.

on a sysprep installation, two more audit passes can occur between 3 and 4. (there is also a generalize pass that I think occurs before #3)

This is a lot to cram into a little post. Ask questions if you have any.

@ Max, what do you think about hosting a pair of WDS compliant XML's. Arwidmark posted some samples for Vista WDS at this site, but they might need some minor tweaks for W7/WDS

Edited by MrJinje, 11 May 2010 - 07:19 PM.

kevin34

kevin34

• 25 posts
  • Joined 16-April 10
Hey MrJinje thanks a bunch that clears it up a good bit, especially the part about the WDS login and domain joining. I'll do some more research on sysprep and audit mode. Hopefully I'll finish my unattended tonight. Thank you again to ya'll for replying so quickly.

Kevin

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

@ Max, what do you think about hosting a pair of WDS compliant XML's. Arwidmark posted some samples for Vista WDS at this site, but they might need some minor tweaks for W7/WDS

If you want to tweak them up for W7 and answer ? about WDS here. I intended this so anyone could answer and thanks for reply. I'm not up on WDS but looking at them 2 xml I say what? All that could be done simple cause it looks like just all could be added to the autounattend.

I'll do some more research on sysprep and audit mode.

Believe Audit mode was mainly built for the OEM actually. You do all your application installing and sysprep with a shutdown and then capture image from a PC. Although you don't have to shutdown which I do and boot again into oobe. When customer gets it will boot does oobe, name, what color underwear and all that.

We tend to take and modify things outside the norm because A. We can B. MS doesn't have clear answers to what and where to use all this stuff, has to be worked out from forum members like MrJinje pointed out.

stephaniei

stephaniei
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-May 10
Hi everyone, I did post alone, but I'm sorry, I should have posted it here. I'm also sorry for the double post, but I'm desperate to get this sorted and I've tried so many different things.

I'm successfully deploying an image - although it still asks me which images to install; it doesn't add the PC to the domain and the UI language is still en-US. I got the files from this forum and edited them (I am using both: ImageUnattend and WDSClientUnattend) - but I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

This is my first time using Deployment services etc., so I'm not 100% sure where everything is. It appears to be working for the most part, because I can select an image manually and the installation continues perfectly, with no problems. But as I want to deploy this image to 500 PCs, I can't go around to each one! Also, our domain has a 'long' and 'short' name - I read somewhere on here that you should use the 'short' version, is this correct?

So, I just want it to know which image to install, add it to the domain and change the UI language, if possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users