Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

windows update - where can I find the files it downloaded?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

graysky

graysky

• PipPip
  • 286 posts
I'd like to use nlite to add the 59 updates that windows update just downloaded so that in the future, I don't have to download them again (long time on my slow connection). Are these files cached anywhere on my hdd so that I can copy them to a folder and include via nlite?

I did find a dir that has the right number of folders in it, but I dunno about the file format, it's as if the updates have been unpacked.

C:\Windows\Software Distribution\Download

Any thoughts?

Edited by graysky, 12 November 2009 - 06:42 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
That is the correct folder, and yes, the files are unpacked in order to be installed. You can find the update number on the .CAT file. You can use the QFE folder to get the exact file according to the SP you have on your PC (SP2 or SP3). You can also manually run update.exe and they will install in the normal way.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,392 posts

Donator

The updates installed via Windows Update can not be recovered to be used again. You need to download the executables. Take a look at my list and download them one by one or use Windows Updates Downloader(its around here somewhere - search).

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN