Recycle Bin Icon Trouble

cscherme

Ok, so I cannot get my recycle bin icon to look like its default is supposed to. I have never changed it, so I have no idea why it would have changed by itself in the first place.

I cannot reset it to default through desktop properties (windows displays the default here, but its displayed differently on the desktop). I have tried rebuilding my icons with TweakUI, but it does not fix the problem at all. System restore doesn't restore the icon either.

I suspect that either something is wrong with the icon path, or the actual icon in System32 is messed up.

I am the only user with this problem, none of the other two users have different icons yet. The problem seems to arise when the icons are asked to default back, or sometimes when a new theme is applied.

Any help is appreciated. :)

That pic is the recycle bin as it is now, it wont change to the default one...

post-240366-1258413107_thumb.jpg

Edited by cscherme

looks to me you used themepack that patched shell32.dll

you should look into shell32 and see if different icons are init

if not, go to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data

and delete IconCache.db file and restart your PC

if no change, do rebuild icons via TweakUI again

Edited by vinifera

Thanks to vinifera for attempting to help...

I have found the source of the trouble and have successfully fixed the problem. A program never fully unloaded its icon skinner, therefore permanently making the recycle bin black. By reinstalling and uninstalling, the problem resolved itself.

:)