Method 2 : Forcely finishing setup by running cmds while the setup
0. use vlite and choose Component Cache (winsxs) too
1. install the os
2. wait the msg to come [ "...windows could not configure one or more system components..." ]
3. press and hold shift + f10 to open cmd console
4. go to oobe in system32 dir
5. run msoobe.exe and make ur user.....after finishing it then run Audit.exe
the system should reboot it self automatically if not msoobe.exe progress didnt finish
[ http://www.greatis.c...a/audit.exe.htm ]
[ notice the user creation appear only in windows 7 ]
that will end the setup and reboot the os
then update will appear and failed will reboot again and the os will start
6. dont forget to remove $windows.-bt and $windows.-ls from c:\
7. use kb947821 hotfix to fix the updatability [ credit goes to aelibey ]
Is method 2 still successful method?
I have no experience with waik/sysprep or imagex.
I have lots of experience with stripping WinXP but none with Win7.
Still very happy about WinXP and won't upgrade till win8 (end of 2011?). But I'd like to experiment. Also Win7 has some features (audio) wich make it easier to transport DTS HD via HDMI to my receiver so I might use it on my htpc with xbmc.