Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Guide] Win7/Server SP1 - Removal With Vlite and RT Lite

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

theKramer

theKramer

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Donator

It has been some time since anything was written in this thread. Is there a newer easier alternative somewhere?
I've just banged my head against the wall with the RT7 process that quits after an hour with a error message that people say needs to be adressed with a windows reinstall or some such nonsense.

Right now I'd really like to find another way of making a winsxs less win7-64 installation-

If you have issues with RT7lite, you can use the presets in this thread. Thats what enabled me to finally get a working RT7lite install.

I could never the vLite to play nice with RT7lited iso though. Dunno how it worked for the other guys, as I followed their steps exactly and vLite always craps out on me Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

theKramer

theKramer

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Donator

It has been some time since anything was written in this thread. Is there a newer easier alternative somewhere?
I've just banged my head against the wall with the RT7 process that quits after an hour with a error message that people say needs to be adressed with a windows reinstall or some such nonsense.

Right now I'd really like to find another way of making a winsxs less win7-64 installation-

If you have issues with RT7lite, you can use the presets in this thread. Thats what enabled me to finally get a working RT7lite install.

I could never the vLite to play nice with RT7lited iso though. Dunno how it worked for the other guys, as I followed their steps exactly and vLite always craps out on me Posted Image

For anyone trying this method, I just figured out why vLite kept crapping out on me.

The issue was with updates/driver integration in RT7lite. Once you dont try to integrate anything in RT7lite, its all good Posted Image
I used the RT7lite preset from here: http://www.rtwincust...onents-to-keep/

I will try slipstreaming updates with DISM to see if thats ok.

Edited by theKramer, 16 August 2012 - 06:09 AM.

shanti

shanti
  • 4 posts
Hi all, I see this thread has not being updated in a while but I need some help here :) I'm trying to get this to work with method 3:
I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on a virtual machine, ran all the updates and installed sp1, sysprepped it and captured the image with Gimagex.
When I try to remove winsxs with vlite it always crashed after the "preparing" step. I used a volume license iso, I already tried with a retail one
but no luck. I'm using this method because I wanted all the updates to work correctly, if I remove winsxs from the iso before installing the os
I get all kind of errors updating the system and sysprep is kind of broken. So what am I doing wrong? Any clue or help?

Thanks

Shanti

theKramer

theKramer

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Donator

Try this step-by-step guide: www.winreducer.net/forum.html --> Tutorials --> Slimming down windows 7

I got it to work at first, but now can't get vlite to work anymore :-(

P.S. Be sure not 2 use sysprep more than twice without an unattended XML file, otherwise it messes with activation.

P.S.2. I will be writing a full guide in the new yr on that forum about using sysprep and liting that sysprepped image after.

Edited by theKramer, 26 December 2012 - 04:23 AM.

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Hi all, I see this thread has not being updated in a while but I need some help here :) I'm trying to get this to work with method 3:
I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on a virtual machine, ran all the updates and installed sp1, sysprepped it and captured the image with Gimagex.
When I try to remove winsxs with vlite it always crashed after the "preparing" step. I used a volume license iso, I already tried with a retail one
but no luck. I'm using this method because I wanted all the updates to work correctly, if I remove winsxs from the iso before installing the os
I get all kind of errors updating the system and sysprep is kind of broken. So what am I doing wrong? Any clue or help?

Thanks

Shanti

vlite wim filter is different then windows 7

so if u change the image with the new wim filter u gonna have to apply it [ extract ] and then capture it
when doing change to image with new wim filter vlite's wim filter getting error handle it

baoqdomp

baoqdomp
  • 1 posts
Download?

parth3b

parth3b
  • 9 posts

pls anyone create one video that how to make windows 7 lite pls pls pls

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

try this:

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

its easy to make w7 lite, its hard to make it without breaking something

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

I'm also working on something i hope it will be ready for testing in few days

it should be stable and have updatability 

Edited by aviv00, 30 August 2013 - 01:09 AM.

parth3b

parth3b
  • 9 posts

thanks @aviv00 for video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN