steven4554

Post-SP1 updates for Windows 7 (SOON TO BE UPDATED!)

623 posts in this topic

i use rt7lite all the time to integrate updates, the install i am running now was done with rt7lite to integrate drivers and updates and some themes

i use rt7lite all the time to integrate updates, the install i am running now was done with rt7lite to integrate drivers and updates and some themes

Yeah, it's the only option besides command-line tools for win7. It's poorly written though, no multi-threading on some parts so it locks up..

I was just correcting some things said here, I'll probably do one of these myself soon with the mentioned elements. It only take like 5 hours top to do tools to automate building AIO packs..

Edited by msdev

Here are two UL's that will let you download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with updates/drivers up to: 10th January 2012!

Steve

Just tried WUD for the first time and just wanted to say thanks for a really useful program, it's my first Slipstream attempt using RT7lite so this has been very useful.

Thanks

Pete

Here are two UL's that will let you download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with updates/drivers up to: 10th January 2012!

Steve

Just tried WUD for the first time and just wanted to say thanks for a really useful program, it's my first Slipstream attempt using RT7lite so this has been very useful.

Thanks

Pete

Thanks Pete, i am really glad you found my ULZ's useful. But you should also thank JCarle for making this possible, as he created the program WUD.:)

Edited by steven4554

Thanks once again steve. (It's never enough thanking you for your hard work).

hi everyone.. im new here. i just discovered this WUD program and im very eager to use it. Where can i get the latest ULZ file??

hi everyone.. im new here. i just discovered this WUD program and im very eager to use it. Where can i get the latest ULZ file??

first post

I added your ULs to the site. Thank you.

Hi,

I was looking for a LIST of recommended Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate updates and haven't had any luck. Any one know of such a list?

Edited by EagleWing

Hi,

I was looking for a LIST of recommended Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate updates and haven't had any luck. Any one know of such a list?

First post of this thread.

I thought as much, but after I integrate those into my install and then install, the MS update comes up with several of those files and some that are supposedly included with SP1. When I attempt to intall those I get "failure to install". That is the reason I asked if there was a list of recommended upates and hotfixes. Least ways the essential ones.

Edited by EagleWing

I have created a AIO Windows 7 portuguese-brazilian instalation with x86 and x64 using dism and imagex.

All works fine but IE9 is in english, when I run windows update it ask to download a MUI pack to translate it. I try manually download this MUI update and try integrate using dism but doesnt work.

What I can do to IE9 back to portuguese brazil? After use WUD IE9 works fine.

PS.: WUD download all updates except framework 3.5 updates that is part of windows 7, I want to ask to add this updates to next release.

I have created a AIO Windows 7 portuguese-brazilian instalation with x86 and x64 using dism and imagex.

All works fine but IE9 is in english, when I run windows update it ask to download a MUI pack to translate it. I try manually download this MUI update and try integrate using dism but doesnt work.

PS.: WUD download all updates except framework 3.5 updates that is part of windows 7, I want to ask to add this updates to next release.

Uninstall your version of IE9, as i've found the version of IE9 in your language here:-

x64: http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/8/7/E872ACDB-EE4E-4B4B-A2AA-7A1CB6E5D248/IE9-Windows7-x64-ptb.exe

x86: http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/B/D/7BD95543-D8A7-474F-8A79-34DE266AAC27/IE9-Windows7-x86-ptb.exe

The installer will download all updates for IE9 and install along with IE9.

As for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, i do have plans to bring back the updates for 3.5 after the release of SP2!

Edited by steven4554

Uninstall your version of IE9, as i've found the version of IE9 in your language here:-

x64: http://download.micr...ws7-x64-ptb.exe

x86: http://download.micr...ws7-x86-ptb.exe

The installer will download all updates for IE9 and install along with IE9.

As for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, i do have plans to bring back the updates for 3.5 after the release of SP2!

I dont know if here is the right place to ask but I will ask anyway. How to integrate it with DISM? I try put this EXE files but DISM ignore it.

EDIT: Solved after expand this both files using this command: C:\IE9-Windows7-x86-ptb.exe /x:C:\IE9x86 and than use dism to integrate the expanded cabs in windows instalation.

Edited by Sydnelson