Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

Why this pack only contains less than 100 updates, and the pack found here about 300.

What is the difference?

Well, that pack contains official and non-official updates, MS has released some of them, but the other updates are either available for request through MS Support or not available at all. But most of these updates haven't been tested and may cause problems to your OS.

Anyway, most of those non-tested updates will be included in SP2, when it's released. (Hopefully soon!)

I will always stick to what MS releases.

Edited by steven4554

Why this pack only contains less than 100 updates, and the pack found here about 300.

What is the difference?

Well, that pack contains official and non-official updates, MS has released some of them, but the other updates are either available for request through MS Support or not available at all. But most of these updates haven't been tested and may cause problems to your OS.

Anyway, most of those non-tested updates will be included in SP2, when it's released. (Hopefully soon!)

I will always stick to what MS releases.

Thanks for the explaination.

I will try your pack, because with the pack from hotfix.chris123nt.com I have some problems right now!

Thanks for this great effort!

I downloaded and installed the updates, but Windows update still notifies me of updates with different dates; from 2011 to May 8, 2012. How come?

Are you talking about .net updates?

Just small thing, the Silverlight is still downloading old version (5.0.61118.0) - new released version 5.1.10411.0 is available now (May 8 2012)

The new Silverlight 5 will be available in the next ULZ's!

I downloaded and installed the updates, but Windows update still notifies me of updates with different dates; from 2011 to May 8, 2012. How come?

Are they .Net 3.5.1 updates? Cause all the other updates are in the lists.

I will be including .Net 3.5.1 updates in the ULZ's after SP2 has been released!

I've downloaded a Security update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2604121).exe i know that you do not provide updates for any of the .Net Frameworks.My question is, is there any how to expand/extract that .exe file to .msu file?
For fully updated .NET 4 runtime please use ricktendo64-s updated installer that includes all .NET 4 Updates: http://www.wincert.n...86x64-5-8-2012/
This package contains the full version of the x86/x64 .NET Framework 4 installer including (SoLoR) updates already integrated. The reason its called "Slim" is because the original MSI installers were edited to remove unnecessary setup junk (special thanks to yumeyao, dumpydooby) this should save you 200+ MB of space on your HDD/SSD
Edited by Tomorrow

Just small thing, the Silverlight is still downloading old version (5.0.61118.0) - new released version 5.1.10411.0 is available now (May 8 2012)

The new Silverlight 5 will be available in the next ULZ's!

Are they .Net 3.5.1 updates? Cause all the other updates are in the lists.

I will be including .Net 3.5.1 updates in the ULZ's after SP2 has been released!

Not all of them. But the majority are Security Update for Windows 7, mix of 2011 and 2012 dates.

When's SP2 expected?

When's SP2 expected?

Good question, the answer i don't know. But rumors are going round that the beta version could be released around the same time Windows 8 RP is released.

Additional guess work from me, we might also be getting a beta version of IE10, and .NET 4.5 RTM.

Edited by steven4554

Generally new .NET versions are not included in SP releases (even if theyre stable RTM releases). Why? - i have no idea. New .NET releases are only bundled with a new OS version (Windows 8 in this case). Not sure about IE10 tho...

Edited by Tomorrow

I've downloaded a Security update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2604121).exe i know that you do not provide updates for any of the .Net Frameworks.My question is, is there any how to expand/extract that .exe file to .msu file?
For fully updated .NET 4 runtime please use ricktendo64-s updated installer that includes all .NET 4 Updates: http://www.wincert.n...86x64-5-8-2012/
This package contains the full version of the x86/x64 .NET Framework 4 installer including (SoLoR) updates already integrated. The reason its called "Slim" is because the original MSI installers were edited to remove unnecessary setup junk (special thanks to yumeyao, dumpydooby) this should save you 200+ MB of space on your HDD/SSD

TNX Tomorrow for the info ;)

Generally new .NET versions are not included in SP releases (even if theyre stable RTM releases). Why? - i have no idea. New .NET releases are only bundled with a new OS version (Windows 8 in this case). Not sure about IE10 tho...

What i meant is that, MS will release .NET 4.5 RTM as a seperate installer for Windows 7 like they did for the DP and Beta versions.

And MS will be releasing IE10 for Windows 7.

• 4 weeks later...