• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
steven4554

Post-SP1 updates for Windows 7 (SOON TO BE UPDATED!)

621 posts in this topic

Thanks for reporting, but are you using my latest lists, cause I've just checked my lists, and it has the v2 for KB2834140!

Hello Steven,

Sorry for the lack of reply, been away with work. Yes you are correct, I re-downloaded your September list and -v2 of the update downloaded correctly this time.

KB2791765 is being offered post-install using your latest UL - the KB is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2791765

Edited by JonnyT1978

So i'm having a bit of an issue here and hopefully somebody else has had it and/or has info about how to fix it. I'm using RT 7 Lite to create images with these updates slipstreamed in. I'm doing all of the .NET, Security, Non-Security and Optional updates, but after I install with the image and try to sync the time, I get "Unable to start the Windows Time service"

The trick is I've had this problem in the past and fixed it. The issue lay within updates that were conflicting with each other somehow. Removing the offending updates (There were 3 or 4 iirc) resolved the issue completely. However the issue now being that I can't remember exactly what updates I had removed to rectify this.
As I see it, there are 2 options

-Rediscover what updates were the problem causers and remove them
-Use a program other than RT7 Lite (Nobody else is complaining about this issue so I assume it's something specifically caused by these updates + that program)

Any suggetions? Thanks!

Edited by Internetlad

Please, for the love of god or whatever you might believe in, do not use RT7Lite! That program is outdated by several years, and even when the "company" behind it still existed, it was buggy as hell up to the point of messing things left and right.

You can get something that's light years ahead of that junk: Win Toolkit. Give it a shot, and maybe you will find out numerous problems went away!

The main problem with RT7L was that it deleted components forcefully where as WTK uses built in component removal that is a lot safer.

I used RT7L up to beginning of this year. Now using WTK.

Thanks i'll try it out.
EDIT: Tried this out today. Loaded all the updates into the AIO integrator and did a couple minor tweaks (Change IE homepage, folder views, etc.) And I got a message near the end of the install

The pop up box, verbatim says "Windows could not configure one or more system components, To install Windows, restart the computer, then restart the installation."

Is this a common issue? I'll try again today without the tweaks (Just the updates) and see what happens until I hear back.

EDIT 2: Banged out another image today and this one seems to work! I left out the tweaks and I guess something in there was causing the issue. . . Weird right? I also left out the IE10 update. . . Maybe that was it?

Don't know. If anybody else is familiar with the issue hang me a line.

Edited by Internetlad

Thanks Steven for the updated Oct lists :) How are you recovering? I hope quicker than the doctors expectations :thumbup

I'm fully recovered, though I still have to watch what I eat and take my pills.

UPDATE: Seems to have something to do with removing the config file to unlock all the versions of windows on the same disk. I guess you can't do that with th(e win toolkit) despite the option?

Edited by Internetlad

updates are language independent since Vista.

please help ineed win 7 sp1 without kb971033 finally foun stevens ulz at top of page but keep getting error 403 tryed wud but was lost

ok got link to work but now need ulz software preferably something that will do it all zip rar ect any sugg free only

ok got link to work but now need ulz software preferably something that will do it all zip rar ect any sugg free only

extracted to spi 64 ul now what cant someone tell me where to find sp1 without kb9711933

Hi Guys. I just signed up here.

I do have a question or should I say I need some assistance.

My case is:

- I have an official copy of win7 64 bit with sp1 integrated.

- Now I want to update my installer with all the post sp1 updates/hotfixes (including IE and drivers) using slipstream so nexttime im doing a clean install I no longer have to do a winupdate.

Now Im searching for a ulz that excludes updates already integrated in SP1?

Thanks.

Edited by junedar