Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

Thanks with your help I got exactly what I was trying to accomplish. I have a Windows 7 x64 Sp1 install that when finished doesn't do any auto updating. That way I can throw the DVD in, pick the drive and walk away. I can come back the next morning grab (2) .Net4 post updates and off I go. Thanks again!

Edited by d00msay3r3

• 4 weeks later...

any something new?

this month

Yes, next week on patch tuesday, there will be:-

6 security updates for 32-bit

7 security updates for 64-bit

KB890830 updated to June 2011 for both x86 and x64

And i wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 non-security updates for both versions.

I just wanted to ask are you guys testing to see if any of these can be injected via mdt during the install process. I know I had issues in the past with some of the updates because they did something to the language files but this was pre-sp1. I just wanted to ensure the updates all work from a mdt deployment.

Anyone have any batch files that will allow me to install all updates on a currently running machine?

Maybe that can help you:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/151226-batch-script-for-win-7-updates-installation/

Thanks a bunch.. i remember seeing a batch script laying around somewhere but couldn't find it for the life of me the other day :)