Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

• 9 months later...

hi thanks for the hard work i just found this thread instead of the win7 one and have slipstreamed sp1 beta into my win7 ultimate 64bit rtm install but when i run windows update i get a slightly different list of updates from what you have in your attached ulz list ?

i get

1. Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2183461)

2. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2032276)

3. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2079403)

4. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2286198)

5. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB982665)

any ideas ?

Simple, some updates like the ones you descibe in your post above appear on Windows Update, and the others that are in my UL's are not on Windows Update, i guess it's up to MS to decide what updates are on WU and which ones are not. Also since this service pack is a beta MS won't want to put non-security updates on WU just the Critical ones, anyway they all work, and all the updates are from offical MS servers.

Simple, some updates like the ones you descibe in your post above appear on Windows Update, and the others that are in my UL's are not on Windows Update, i guess it's up to MS to decide what updates are on WU and which ones are not. Also since this service pack is a beta MS won't want to put non-security updates on WU just the Critical ones, anyway they all work, and all the updates are from offical MS servers.

Hey steven4554,

Here is the code (in a text document) for you to add the above (requested by eva2000) updates to your UL's!:

http://www.timacheson.com/SkyDrive/DirectLinkRedirect?pageUrl=http://cid-54d3f13fe6a49f42.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Windows%207%20UL%20Code%20Snippet.txt

Edited by sammey19

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI Steven,

After integrating yr updates, still Windows update show the following

needed updates

KB2524375 Fraudulent Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

KB971033 Activation/Genuine

KB915597 Windows defender

KB890830 Malicious Software Removal Tool

BTW here a useful link to get the latest defintions for Forefront, Security Essentials and Windows Defender Microsoft Malware Protection Center

HI Steven,

After integrating yr updates, still Windows update show the following

needed updates

KB2524375 Fraudulent Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

KB971033 Activation/Genuine

KB915597 Windows defender

KB890830 Malicious Software Removal Tool

BTW here a useful link to get the latest defintions for Forefront, Security Essentials and Windows Defender Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Thanks for the feedback:-

1) KB2524375 will be added in the next ULZ's.

2) KB971033, i don't know why this update is nagging you to install, sp1 has this update included, so must be either an update to KB971033 or an error on MS part, anyway, it doesn't matter i will never include this update in the ULZ's cause there is no point.

3) KB890830 is in the ULZ's and always get updated every month when MS releases on patch tuesday.

4) MSE/Defender Defintions will never be part of the ULZ's cause they get updated once a day.

2) KB971033, i don't know why this update is nagging you to install, sp1 has this update included, so must be either an update to KB971033 or an error on MS part, anyway, it doesn't matter i will never include this update in the ULZ's cause there is no point.

Thanks steven4554!

As I see and after many tests the update KB971033 is always given with Windows update ( if we haven't integrated) and this one isn't include inside Windows 7 SP1.

But we can choose to not install this update!

Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.xls:

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

However, I know that we can see this update inside the Microsoft update list with all the updates included inside the SP1.

But a link is given to download this update!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Well, MS said they were going to include KB971033 update in the sp1 package, so either they changed their minds, and didn't inform the people that makes the lists to remove KB971033 from it, or it's an error (which MS has been making a lot of recently.)

Anyway, as i said before, it really doesn't matter, it's not in my ULZ's and never will be!:)