Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

• dencorso locked and unlocked this topic

Not the right forum to ask for free stuff that is not from official sources, which is risky but also silly. I got into trouble here once a long time ago for sharing MSU files from my Google drive, which is not allowed. As they could have contained anything hidden, just like the iso the now banned user above asked for.

Only download from official sources, ie; from MS download servers.

Hello

Thanks for putting this file together. I have been looking for a source of all Windows 7 updates post SP1 (vs. rollups) as there are a few KBs I would like to exclude (that are now built in to the rollups).  I was hoping your file would do that. Unless I am missing something the latest file (4/12/19) show only one convenience roll up and one security rollup (vs. all the KBs release post SP1 individually). Was this by design? Thank you.

It was a system that was put in place by Microsoft to copy how Windows 10 is updated, instead of small new updates they would be in cumulative updates which includes all previous updates rolled up into one. So most of those KB updates have been superseded by the convienence rollup and the latest CU's.

Even did the same to .NET updates and rolled them into CU that is released occasionally.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, steven4554 said:

It was a system that was put in place by Microsoft to copy how Windows 10 is updated, instead of small new updates they would be in cumulative updates which includes all previous updates rolled up into one. So most of those KB updates have been superseded by the convienence rollup and the latest CU's.

Even did the same to .NET updates and rolled them into CU that is released occasionally.

Hi,

I understand what the CUs are but I thought MS still made individual updates available? For example the ULZ here allows one to download individual updates post the 2016 cumulative update. It actually has one of the ones I am interested in excluding but not the other because it was release just before MS create the first convenience rollup. I have also seen live stream patches that prevent specific updates (e.g. tracking/telemetry or meltdown patch) from being downloaded so the individual files must still exist, no? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • steven4554 changed the title to Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)