Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Post-SP1 updates for Windows 7 (Updated 12/11/2014)

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Thanks Steven :thumbup & all the best for 2012.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gendouhydeist

gendouhydeist

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 02-January 07
no more changelog??? thats sad :(

Edited by gendouhydeist, 13 January 2012 - 05:27 PM.

pcigre2

pcigre2
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-January 12
One stupid question... how to open those ulz files? google says its something for usb... which i doubt.

MakiMcPwner

MakiMcPwner
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12
Thanks for list and hard work :thumbup

@pcigre2: You need to DL and install Windows Update Downloader from http://www.windowsup...sdownloader.com

Edited by MakiMcPwner, 22 January 2012 - 06:35 AM.

Copyright is right to copy for free

oflarm

oflarm
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
Russian UL's ....?

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,126 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

Windows Vista / 7 updates are language independent. You can install them on all languages.
Posted Image

msdev

msdev
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Some notes on this thread:
  • SP1 slipstreams fine with rt7light, the one noted as supporting it. I know I've done it countless times on my RFM images. Although the software doesn't use multi-threading and performs bad(still better than gritty CLI options)..
  • DigitalRiver images are refresh, not install..
  • This and other managed update lists are missing vital updates(.NET, Defender, Silverlight). While not core, you'll have to install them soon after because most software on windows is using them now..
  • Someone with the extra time, should do a full one(stuff from #2) like there is for XP SP3. Include security essentials and flash in it too..

Edited by msdev, 08 February 2012 - 09:12 AM.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

• SP1 slipstreams fine with rt7light, the one noted as supporting it. I know I've done it countless times on my RFM images. Although the software doesn't use multi-threading and performs bad(still better than gritty CLI options)..
  • This and other managed update lists are missing vital updates(.NET, Defender, Silverlight). While not core, you'll have to install them soon after because most software on windows is using them now..
  • Someone with the extra time, should do a full one(stuff from #2) like there is for XP SP3. Include security essentials and flash in it too..

1. I do not use rt7lite for integrating updates.

2. Not applicable

3. I only include Windows updates (Security and non-Security) and other products in the optional section. As for updates for the products you described above, i do not provide updates for them, and have no plan to do so.

4. What's the point, XP will be no longer supported by MS after April 8th, 2014!

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 Update and Windows 10 Preview

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time next year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition Hexa Core 3.5GHz)
M/B: Asus M5A87 (Upgrade to Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0)
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 240GB 2x SSD's in JBOD mode (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550 (Add another Ti 550 GPU in SLI config to up memory to 2GB)

Optical: None, DVD drives given to family member (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 (Dual boot, Win7 for compatibility and Win10 Preview, 10 will be main OS!)

msdev

msdev
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

1. I do not use rt7lite for integrating updates.

2. Not applicable

3. I only include Windows updates (Security and non-Security) and other products in the optional section. As for updates for the products you described above, i do not provide updates for them, and have no plan to do so.

4. What's the point, XP will be no longer supported by MS after April 8th, 2014!

1. someone in your thread said it didn't work..

2. once again..someone in your thread..hence "Some notes on this thread:"

3. .NET=optional, DEFENDER=critical, Security Essentials=optional

4. Besides legacy hardware with no NT6 drivers and all the people with valid licenses who don't pirate software and can't justify the new investment?

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
1. No opinion as i've never used rt7lite

2. Again, Not applicable, as i don't have digital river images in my update lists! ask someone else

3. Make your own update list if you want those products, cause i won't. (with the exception of MSE!)

4. I understand that not everyone can afford to upgrade to a newer OS, that's why i am providing an UL for both x86 and x64 version of XP until MS drops support for it in 2014!

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition Hexa Core 3.5GHz)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550 (Add another Ti 550 GPU in SLI config to up memory to 2GB)

Optical: None, DVD drives given to family member (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 (Dual boot, Win7 for compatibility and Win10 Preview, 10 will be main OS!)

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04
i use rt7lite all the time to integrate updates, the install i am running now was done with rt7lite to integrate drivers and updates and some themes

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

msdev

msdev
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

i use rt7lite all the time to integrate updates, the install i am running now was done with rt7lite to integrate drivers and updates and some themes

Yeah, it's the only option besides command-line tools for win7. It's poorly written though, no multi-threading on some parts so it locks up..

I was just correcting some things said here, I'll probably do one of these myself soon with the mentioned elements. It only take like 5 hours top to do tools to automate building AIO packs..

Edited by msdev, 10 February 2012 - 09:24 AM.

mysticpete

mysticpete
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12

Here are two UL's that will let you download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with updates/drivers up to: 10th January 2012!

Steve

Just tried WUD for the first time and just wanted to say thanks for a really useful program, it's my first Slipstream attempt using RT7lite so this has been very useful.

Thanks
Pete

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

Here are two UL's that will let you download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with updates/drivers up to: 10th January 2012!

Steve

Just tried WUD for the first time and just wanted to say thanks for a really useful program, it's my first Slipstream attempt using RT7lite so this has been very useful.

Thanks
Pete

Thanks Pete, i am really glad you found my ULZ's useful. But you should also thank JCarle for making this possible, as he created the program WUD.:)

Edited by steven4554, 10 February 2012 - 10:35 PM.

joao

joao
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 17-September 03
Thanks once again steve. (It's never enough thanking you for your hard work).

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Thanks for another fast update :thumbup

Sneezy

Sneezy
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-February 12
hi everyone.. im new here. i just discovered this WUD program and im very eager to use it. Where can i get the latest ULZ file??

Robbo72

Robbo72
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-February 12

hi everyone.. im new here. i just discovered this WUD program and im very eager to use it. Where can i get the latest ULZ file??

first post

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
I added your ULs to the site. Thank you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

EagleWing

EagleWing

Junior

• Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08
Hi,
I was looking for a LIST of recommended Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate updates and haven't had any luck. Any one know of such a list?

Edited by EagleWing, 20 February 2012 - 08:54 AM.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

Hi,
I was looking for a LIST of recommended Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate updates and haven't had any luck. Any one know of such a list?

First post of this thread.

EagleWing

EagleWing

Junior

• Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08
I thought as much, but after I integrate those into my install and then install, the MS update comes up with several of those files and some that are supposedly included with SP1. When I attempt to intall those I get "failure to install". That is the reason I asked if there was a list of recommended upates and hotfixes. Least ways the essential ones.

Edited by EagleWing, 20 February 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Sydnelson

Sydnelson

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 04-September 04
I have created a AIO Windows 7 portuguese-brazilian instalation with x86 and x64 using dism and imagex.

All works fine but IE9 is in english, when I run windows update it ask to download a MUI pack to translate it. I try manually download this MUI update and try integrate using dism but doesnt work.

What I can do to IE9 back to portuguese brazil? After use WUD IE9 works fine.

PS.: WUD download all updates except framework 3.5 updates that is part of windows 7, I want to ask to add this updates to next release.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

I have created a AIO Windows 7 portuguese-brazilian instalation with x86 and x64 using dism and imagex.

All works fine but IE9 is in english, when I run windows update it ask to download a MUI pack to translate it. I try manually download this MUI update and try integrate using dism but doesnt work.

PS.: WUD download all updates except framework 3.5 updates that is part of windows 7, I want to ask to add this updates to next release.

Uninstall your version of IE9, as i've found the version of IE9 in your language here:-

x64: http://download.micr...ws7-x64-ptb.exe
x86: http://download.micr...ws7-x86-ptb.exe

The installer will download all updates for IE9 and install along with IE9.

As for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, i do have plans to bring back the updates for 3.5 after the release of SP2!

Edited by steven4554, 28 February 2012 - 06:32 AM.

Sydnelson

Sydnelson

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 04-September 04

Uninstall your version of IE9, as i've found the version of IE9 in your language here:-

x64: http://download.micr...ws7-x64-ptb.exe
x86: http://download.micr...ws7-x86-ptb.exe

The installer will download all updates for IE9 and install along with IE9.

As for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, i do have plans to bring back the updates for 3.5 after the release of SP2!

I dont know if here is the right place to ask but I will ask anyway. How to integrate it with DISM? I try put this EXE files but DISM ignore it.

EDIT: Solved after expand this both files using this command: C:\IE9-Windows7-x86-ptb.exe /x:C:\IE9x86 and than use dism to integrate the expanded cabs in windows instalation.

Edited by Sydnelson, 28 February 2012 - 02:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

a'Lexus