Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

1) OK

2) I cant find KB2506928-v3 again, i have surely made a mistake as i was very tired. Sorry.

3) How do you create your list of KB each month was my question.

I have made my own "update pack" for 7 32/64 for October and i have some differents KB, hence my question :)

1) OK

2) I cant find KB2506928-v3 again, i have surely made a mistake as i was very tired. Sorry.

3) How do you create your list of KB each month was my question.

I have made my own "update pack" for 7 32/64 for October and i have some differents KB, hence my question :)

I visit these MS webpages below which give detailed info on all KB's that have been released or revised. (though sometimes MS can be abit slow putting the KB article pages up, so i know which updates have been superseded!)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894199

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/default.aspx

I visit these MS webpages below which give detailed info on all KB's that have been released or revised. (though sometimes MS can be abit slow putting the KB article pages up, so i know which updates have been superseded!)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894199

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/default.aspx

That's also the way i have made mine . Thanks.

I plan to restore .NET 3.5 SP1 updates into the Win7 UL's after the release of SP2.

I think you should do that now, because .NET 3.5 SP1 is part of Windows, and Windows Update will install them as critical / important updates.

Edited by mooms

Ok mooms, i'll backtrack and in the next available UL's .NET 3.5 SP1 will be included, but there is something you can do for me to include .NET 3.5.

All i would like you to do is get the KB numbers for all .NET 3.5.1 updates that have been released by MS on WU. If you can do this favor for me, i'll include .NET 3.5.1 in my next lists.

Hello steven,

Here is a list of the NET 3.5.1 updates that appear after installing Windows 7 x64 will all the updates from your fantastic UL rolled into it.

Windows6.1-KB2604115-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2656356-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2656373-v2-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2656411-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2686831-x64.msu

Hope that is of some help to you?

JonnyT

Ok mooms, i'll backtrack and in the next available UL's .NET 3.5 SP1 will be included, but there is something you can do for me to include .NET 3.5.

All i would like you to do is get the KB numbers for all .NET 3.5.1 updates that have been released by MS on WU. If you can do this favor for me, i'll include .NET 3.5.1 in my next lists.

Sorry steven4554, i don't have the KB numbers for .NET 3.5 only, the only thing i can do is to sow the content of my packs,.

You can see that i have langpack french for IE9 and 3 cabs for Windows Update update :sneaky:

121015013237312035.png

121015013231539242.png

Okay, let me begin by expressing how thankful I am to Steven for these update lists. They make life so much easier.

Now, I'm going to be detailing a few things from my experience with the 32-bit list.

I integrated IE9-Windows6.1-KB982861-x86 along with all the updates within the Critical Updates & Important Updates directories. So, that totals to 99 updates. But, I was only able to integrate 98 since Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (KB2728973) which is included in the Important Updates, was in the form of an executable called rvkroots.exe and not an *.msu file. What can I do about this update?

Now after doing so to a clean Windows 7 SP1 (x86) *.iso, I installed the OS to a virtual machine in VirtualBox. Windows Update initially needed to update itself before checking for further updates and it did so by installing Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.256. Is there any way by means of which I can integrate this as well?

Finally, here the updates that Windows Updates still displays. I figured this would help since Steven wanted a list of the .NET KBs. I shall post the same for 64-bit soon. Also, with regards to the list below, any idea why there are still updates that have nothing to do with .NET?

Important

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (KB2604115)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (KB2656356)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (KB2656373)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (KB2656411)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (KB2686831)

Security Update for Windows 7 (KB2503665)

Update for Windows 7 (KB2533552)

Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - October 2012 (KB890830)

Optional

Update for Windows 7 (KB2647753)

Windows 7 Language Packs

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool & Language Packs may be ignored since I did not integrate the Language Packs out of choice and I don't know how to integrate the Malicious Software Removal Tool, but what about the other updates i.e. KB2503665, KB2533552, KB971033 & KB2647753?

Edit: Okay, on further inspection I have realized that KB2533552 & KB2647753 are indeed included in the update list. I used RT Seven Lite to integrate the updates. Any clue why these updates still display in Windows Update?

I've attached RT Seven Lite's Lastsession file in case it may help.

Lastsession.inf

Edited by siddharthc

Not sure about KB2503665. KB2533552 cannot be integrated trough standard means (meaning by DISM that RT7Lite is also using). KB971033 is the Windows Activation Technologies update that is entirely optional. Again not sure about KB2647753. And the .NET updates are missing from the list so this should explain most of the popups from WU.

Regarding pre-updating WU itself - yes it can be done. You need to integrate some .cab-s from here: Repository

Also. By including the old file from your current install to the new ISO (need to mount and dismount) the WU in the new install will retain your hide settings: "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb"

Edited by Tomorrow

Regarding pre-updating WU itself - yes it can be done. You need to integrate some .cab-s from here: Repository

And for X64

KB2647753 can be integrated but will be resintalled by Windows Update (bug?)

KB2533552 can't be integrated as Tomorrow said.

As RT7 Lite is no longer updated, i suggest using Win Toolkit instead.

Edited by mooms