Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

• 3 weeks later...

yep. downloaded it last night. ran it twice but got the same error. i'll try it again

edit. well thats odd. it worked today. guess it was a temporary issue with the server or something :P

Edited by ccl0

I'm having a problem here:

A list I made attached:Missing Windows 7 SP1 Updates.txt

This list is based on what I got after Windows Update scanned the installation.

Actually, ignore the Net Framework section. That's not as concerning.

The KB2532531 update failed and I dunno why ATM..

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

I'm having a problem here:

A list I made attached:Missing Windows 7 SP1 Updates.txt

This list is based on what I got after Windows Update scanned the installation.

Actually, ignore the Net Framework section. That's not as concerning.

The KB2532531 update failed and I dunno why ATM..

IE8 updates are no longer supported in my Win7 Update Lists!

As for the rest i'll investgate, and get back to you.

But why? :( I respect your decision, but I don't understand. For example I never install IE9, it just sucks too much. I just want to download as little as possible in order to speed installation up as much as I can.

P.S. yesterday I was offered single new update which resolves the "This program might not be installed correctly" stupid error message (at least that's what translated version of the article said, english one looks a bit different for some reason). I jumped up in joy, because this has been occasionally bugging me probably ever since Win7 came out.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2762895

Edited by TheWalrus

But why? :( I respect your decision, but I don't understand. For example I never install IE9, it just sucks too much. I just want to download as little as possible in order to speed installation up as much as I can.

P.S. yesterday I was offered single new update which resolves the "This program might not be installed correctly" stupid error message (at least that's what translated version of the article said, english one looks a bit different for some reason). I jumped up in joy, because this has been occasionally bugging me probably ever since Win7 came out.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2762895

Sadly, i have no plans to make 2 different versions of my Win7 lists with both IE9 and 8, so those that want to stay on IE8 are on their own!

As for KB2762895 and the other 2 updates, they will be included in the december's lists!

not sure this has been mentioned but i keep getting this error using win toolkit about "Not compatible with SP1 (7601)" with "Windows6.1-KB2533552-x64.msu" i'm not sure why b/c i'm using a w7 source with sp1 already integrated, directly from msdn.

not sure this has been mentioned but i keep getting this error using win toolkit about "Not compatible with SP1 (7601)" with "Windows6.1-KB2533552-x64.msu" i'm not sure why b/c i'm using a w7 source with sp1 already integrated, directly from msdn.

Microsoft has blocked this from being integrated