Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

One very minor issue: your link to KB947821 is broken for both the x86 and X64 lists. I think it's because your lists still point to V25 of the update and V26 is now the latest version.

JonnyT, No broken link here, Maybe Steven fixed the link after reading your comment.

Excellent, very quick work!

Sorry to report another (minor, slightly nit-picky) problem with the x86 Update List. There are at least four updates that are downloading the correct -x86 versions, but the filename is renaming them as -X64! These are:

Windows6.1-KB2813347-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2813170-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2808735-x64.msu

Windows6.1-KB2823324-x64.msu

Yeah, thanks for the tip, I forgot to change these from x64 to x86 the other day, cause once I've done with updating the x64 version I copy all the new updates to the x86 version, I do this cause it's a time saver method.

Hi Steven, KB2823180 is in your non-security group. This update is flagged by my installer and does not integrate. Upon completing the Win7 (x86).install I ran a 'check for updates' and this patch was not listed and Win7 looks happy without it.

Looks like a superfluous optional update for certain situations only.

Best regards, Gideon.

Hi Steven, KB2823180 is in your non-security group. This update is flagged by my installer and does not integrate. Upon completing the Win7 (x86).install I ran a 'check for updates' and this patch was not listed and Win7 looks happy without it.

Looks like a superfluous optional update for certain situations only.

Best regards, Gideon.

It's an update for the Windows Management Framework 3.0, so if you have not installed Windows Management Framework 3.0 (KB2506143) and requires either .NET 4.0 or 4.5, then yes you can ignore it.

Steven,

I noticed KB2639308 is listed twice in the w7 x64 list on the WUD site (that has to be a mistake, as descriptions are different).

Also, it is not listed on your latest w7 x64 list here.

Why is that?

Thanks.

Edited by bostjan

Steven,

I noticed KB2639308 is listed twice in the w7 x64 list on the WUD site (that has to be a mistake, as descriptions are different).

Also, it is not listed on your latest w7 x64 list here.

Why is that?

Thanks.

Your right, the first one has been superseded by the March version, but obviously I forgot to remove it. This will be fixed in the next available update list.

Thanks for spotting this.

Hi. I'm looking for a Windows 7 x64 update list post-SP1 to Brazilian Portuguese version. Couldn't find it nowhere.

Also, the Office 2010 x64 for the same language, if it's not too much to ask :)

Hi. I'm looking for a Windows 7 x64 update list post-SP1 to Brazilian Portuguese version. Couldn't find it nowhere.

Also, the Office 2010 x64 for the same language, if it's not too much to ask :)

You can still use my update list, to download the updates in the "Security Updates and Non-Security Updates" as they are language independent, which means that those updates will work on any language version of Win7.

Sadly, I don't make Office Update Lists anymore sorry.

Hi Steven4554,

I have some questions about the UL format:

- How do you create your update list ? With a text editor ?

- How do you found the links of the "non-security" KB ? ( I download them with the Update catalog but they are downloaded with ActiveX so the links are not visible)

Hi Steven4554,

I have some questions about the UL format:

- How do you create your update list ? With a text editor ?

- How do you found the links of the "non-security" KB ? ( I download them with the Update catalog but they are downloaded with ActiveX so the links are not visible)

1) I use notepad to edit my lists, and save them using UTF-8 formatting.

2) After downloading the updates from the update catalog, right click on the webpage and left click view source, that's where you'll find the direct download links.

1) I use notepad to edit my lists, and save them using UTF-8 formatting.

2) After downloading the updates from the update catalog, right click on the webpage and left click view source, that's where you'll find the direct download links.

Thanks you for the answer steven4554.

I have tested with kb2840149-x86 and I have a link, but the name contains the hash of the file:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/secu/2013/04/windows6.1-kb2840149-x86_ca80b6689ad97ea0d3ae81acfbfdb01dbc8ba18f.msu

How do I find the "correct" link on Update Catalog ?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/A/8/CA8F0546-2BA0-443C-A235-994592DBEBC9/Windows6.1-KB2840149-x86.msu

(found here)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=38770

Edited by mooms

All updates and drivers from the catalog has the hash at the end of the file, it's normal.

What i do with my lists, is remove the hash if the update is only available from the catalog and not from the download center.

PS - This new update will be in the next UL's, unless it gets superseded!

What i do with my lists, is remove the hash if the update is only available from the catalog and not from the download center.

I understand now, you use the tag:

<filename>( Local Filename )</filename>

I will try to make a French UL for 7sp1 (x64 and x86)

Edit: I have opened your x64 UL and I have found 4 unneeded security updates:

KB2525694
KB2503658
KB2476490
KB2524375

Edited by mooms