Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Well, I picked a compiler but I have a problem now

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi everyone.

I decided to go with Dev C++. At first I tried DJGPP, but I was unable to config it properly. I tried to follow the guides, but I had no luck. I think it couldn't find the libraries for C++ and they used different names, so I got errors and it wouldn't compile.

Now Dev C++ compiles the same prorgam without any errors. I am only writing basic programs without a GUI. When I click on the file I get to type something in, and then it races write through the program as I only have one cout paired with a cin statement and then another cout with the result.'

I know I can go through cmd.exe (running XP) and type my way there, but is there a command for a batch that can get me there too? or a program that can run my program without closing as soon as it gets to "return 0; }.

Thanks
]Bonkers[
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
u can specify void main() so that u won't need return value type
or make a getch (get character) at the end of the program, it will wait until u press a key. or
system(pause) ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN