Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

A visual guide to 7Customizer

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

RickSteele

RickSteele

Rick Steele

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Hi,

Just a quick question... Do you need to include the windows updates in a specific order, like oldest first, or will 7Customizer apply the updates in the correct way so as to make sure that the most recent files are used?

I'm just wondering if adding the newest patch first and the oldest patch last may possibly result in the older version of a system file being used. Up to now I've just downloaded all windows updates using autopatcher, searched the AP directory for *.msu files and added them all in one go. I'm currently building an image created with this method, but I'm not sure how I would test that all updates were applied correctly/in the right order :)

Thanks!

edit:
Hmmm, the iso that I was building never showed up... does 7Customizer not like the iso destination being a network directory? (I'm building within a VirtualBox VM, so had the destination as a shared folder, which shows as a network location)

Also, does 7Customizer not save any settings apart from the WAIK app locations?

You do not need to worry about order etc.; Windows will sort it out, but, if the requisite files are not installed the update will not integrate. As an example I attached a list of files-Requisite.jpg- that must be integrated first before the rest if you were using SoLoR's update repository. Otherwise one or two updates will not integrate; kicking out the update not applicable....7C/DISM error. This list is just to show you an example, but, applies to any update collection.

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

CraZy15

CraZy15
  • Members
  • 1 posts
is there any way to integrate office 2007 + adobe with the OS ?

myselfidem

myselfidem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
Yes!
You can use RunOnceEx method or Windows Post-Install Wizard if you want (WPI 8.1.0)

Example with RunOnceEx method:

Create the folders $OEM$ inside "sources" (Example: C:\Win7\sources\)

$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\SetupComplete.cmd

$OEM$\$1\Install (folder where you have all your programs inside each folder: Office2007; Adobe; etc.)

Example:
SetupComplete.cmd

@echo off

REM Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits - RunOnceEx method

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
SET KEY=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Windows 7 Ultimate activation" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\active.vbs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Tweaks customized" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\Tweaks.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "ATI Display Driver" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\ATIDriver\Setup.exe -INSTALL" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Realtek R239" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Realtek\Setup.exe -s "-f1%systemdrive%\Install\Realtek\setup.iss"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Office Standard 2007" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Office\SETUP.EXE /config %systemdrive%\Install\Office\STANDARDR.WW\CONFIG.XML" /f 

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "JAVA SUN 6u17" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Java\jre-6u17-windows-i586-s.exe /s /v "/qn"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Flash\install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 9.2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Adobe\AdbeRdr920_fr_FR.exe /sAll /rs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 9.2.0 eula" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\Adobe.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "TuneUp 2008 Key" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\TuneUp.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "TuneUp Utilities 2008" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\TuneUp\TU2008TrialFR.exe /qn /norestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "Installation WinRar 390" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\WinRar\wrar390fr.exe /S" /f 

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Installation WinRar 390 Key" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\rarreg.key" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Files Attributs" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\Attributs.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "Movie Maker 2.6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i "%systemdrive%\Install\MovieMaker\MM26_FR.msi" /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "Shortcut Notepad on the desktop" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\notepad.vbs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Finish installation" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\clean.vbs" /f

EXIT

Edited by myselfidem, 08 January 2011 - 03:46 PM.

ChiefZeke

ChiefZeke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Donator

Win7 SP1 has been released - can it be integrated/slipstreamed using the Updates tab or will you add a Service Pack tab in the future or is it not possible to include SP1 as an update under any conditions?

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
You can use DISM to integrate it but it requires some editing of 3 files for slipstreaming and you wont be integrating a *.cab file but a folder so I dont think 7C can do this..

coprua

coprua

• Members
  • 14 posts
@ myselfidem

Thanks a lot for your scripts.

Can you help me to how to do or have a script for UltraISO . I have setup.exe and Serial Number.txt.

Serial Number.txt includes:

Name: AAA BBBB
Code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Have a good day.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• Members
  • 2,559 posts
I don't use UltraISO, but you can find some help about silent install, here:

http://www.msfn.org/...cking-reg-code/

http://www.msfn.org/...silent-install/

http://www.msfn.org/...install-switch/

dlancelot

dlancelot
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Win7 SP1 has been released - can it be integrated/slipstreamed using the Updates tab or will you add a Service Pack tab in the future or is it not possible to include SP1 as an update under any conditions?

Yes, I have a DVD+R that contains the 5 .wim files for the x86 and another DVD+R that contains the other 5 .wim files for the x64 windows 7 os's. I would love to be able to slipstream all the images with the sp1 update as well. I have tried with the RT Seven software, and it's slow as molasses (ver.2.6 that is)...and I understand 7C cannot do it at all with ver. 0.5...hopefully an update soon? it's painful to install sp1 after doing the install of windows 7

Edited by dlancelot, 11 April 2011 - 07:22 PM.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Yes, I have a DVD+R that contains the 5 .wim files for the x86 and another DVD+R that contains the other 5 .wim files for the x64 windows 7 os's. I would love to be able to slipstream all the images with the sp1 update as well. I have tried with the RT Seven software, and it's slow as molasses (ver.2.6 that is)...and I understand 7C cannot do it at all with ver. 0.5...hopefully an update soon? it's painful to install sp1 after doing the install of windows 7

There's only 4 *version for 64bit excl. enterprise.
x86 then has 6 versions

dlancelot

dlancelot
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Thank you for pointing that out Grabben, you are correct, I had to double check. Do you know how this is possible to achieve efficiently? Or, does a guy have to do it manually, one by one? How did the guys do it that were running vista? I also have those in an "all-in-one" format.

whairs01

whairs01

• Members
  • 18 posts
Hello chiefZeke, grabben & anyone,

I need both your help to resolve or explain to me a way that I can integrate/slimstream Windows 7 SP1 using 7Customizer. I have being googling and reading for the last month now trying to find a utility that will allow me to Slimstream Windows 7 SP1 using 7Customizer with no luck. After reading both your post on March 30-31, 2011 I was hoping that you found an easy and simple straight forward way to do it.

Grabben, in your post you mention that DISM could be use for Slimstreaming the SP1 but 3 files had to be changed. Could I get you to list the 3 files that need to be edited and anything else that need to be done that will allow me to use 7Customizer to do the slimstream for Windows 7 SP1. This really would make my day and I can move forward in building my image and ISO. Thanks

P.S. I hope 7Customizer come out soon with a new version that will include a slimstream options.

Edited by whairs01, 16 May 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developers
  • 8,706 posts
OMG DO NOT DOUBLE AND TRIPLE POST!!!

It is against the rules and HIGHLY frowned upon....

Sicarus

Sicarus
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Is there a pack or something with all the useful updates in them for convenient downloading? I think it could take quite some time to download them all one by one.....

awesome job, by the way! Windows7Customizer is really easy to learn and use... Thank you!

myselfidem

myselfidem

• Members
  • 2,559 posts
You can use Post SP1 updates for Windows 7 ULZ made by steven4554

Choose the ULZ file you need:
http://www.msfn.org/...dated-14062011/

You need to download Windows Updates Downloader:
http://www.windowsup...downloader.com/

http://www.msfn.org/...250-build-1000/

When it's done, double-click on the ULZ file to install this one and launch Windows Updates Dowloader!

Edited by myselfidem, 24 June 2011 - 01:52 AM.

invalz

invalz
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Deleted

Edited by invalz, 29 August 2011 - 04:43 PM.

RCL0000ZK

RCL0000ZK
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I can't see any of the images posted in the main post. :(

riahc3

riahc3
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I can't see any of the images posted in the main post. :(

Same here. Images are broken.

blue4603

blue4603

7Customizer Developer

• Developers
  • 276 posts
Hi,

I will re-upload the images. Check back tomorrow.

update: I re-uploaded the image.

Regards

Edited by blue4603, 04 October 2011 - 10:45 AM.

philiptibs

philiptibs
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I installed all this on XP SP3 and it works already made my Win7 Unattended with full driver supoport for any pc.

djshotty

djshotty
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Thank you so much for this, RT 7-Lite is a joke, so hard to configure whereas your app is a breeze...

reb0rn

reb0rn
  • Members
  • 1 posts
How many driver pack are safe for win7 universal imagine?

At the moment i am testing just with mass storage and chipset drivers from driverpack site... (i am not sure if its safe to use sound, gpu, wlan driver pack also)
I need universal imagine which will work with acronis true imagine with universal restore so i can put it at different machine

My plan is to install win7 at vmware and add programs and then make partition imagine with acronis true imagine so i can clon it from it

kooscola

kooscola
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Thanks for this guide :)

bloosm

bloosm
  • Members
  • 6 posts
thanks for sharing..

aadijain

aadijain
  • Members
  • 1 posts
what is the means of folder which does not have white spaces

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
A folder name with no "space" or "tab" characters in the folder name.

Cheers and Regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN