Since 7Customizer now has many features, I decided to make a guide.
Note: If you face problems in 7Customizer post it in the original thread here. Do not post it in this thread.
1. Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit)
2. WAIK for windows 7. Download it from here. You can use WAIK in any language (English,German,Italian .... etc).
3. A windows 7 installation source (32 bit or 64 bit)
4. .Net framework 3.5 if you use Windows Vista. Download it from here.
(Optional) 6. VirtualBox (to test the customized installation). Download from here.
Note: 7Customizer can be used in Windows XP. However, It will require additional steps but this is beyond the scope of this guide.
1. Download 7Customizer from here
2. Extract the files. It is recommended to extract it to a folder which does not have white spaces
in this example I will extract it to e:\7Customizer
3. If you have a Windows 7 ISO, you can use Winrar or Ultraiso to extract the ISO to a folder. It is recommended extract it to a folder which does not have white spaces
in this example I will extract it to e:\win7
4. Start 7Customizer.exe. If prompted by UAC just choose allow.
5. Choose the path for dism and imagex and oscdimg first. It is located inside your WAIK installation(Usually C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools).
If you are using a 32 bit Windows choose imagex and dism and oscdimg that are located in x86 folder inside the WAIK 7 installation
If you are using a 64 bit Windows choose imagex and dism and oscdimg that are located in amd64 folder inside the WAIK 7 installation
In this example I am using Windows 7 x86 (The windows that I am using not the one I am customizing)
6. Choose the installation path
7. Choose the edition you want to customize from the list and then press start.
In this example I chose Ultimate edition
8. In the languages tab you could integrate language packs. The language packs are .cab files downloaded from Microsoft website. (You could Google for them)
Note:If you have a language pack in a .exe file use exe2cab utility to convert it to cab file. Download from attachments
In this example I will integrate the Arabic language pack and the French.
9. In the updates tab you could integrate updates pack. The updates pack are .msu files downloaded from Microsoft website.
10. In the drivers tab you could integrate drivers. To integrate drivers you have three options:
a. integrate a driver using a .inf file.
b. integrate a driver using a folder that has driver files.
c. integrate drivers using a folder that has multiple drivers in multiple folders.To use this option check the "include subfolders" option and browse for the folder.
Note: You should check "include subfolders" first and then browse for the drivers folder
11. In the tweaks tab you could tweak some aspects of your installation. Choose your preferred tweaks.
12. In the services tab under the tweak tabs you could tweak services like disabling or setting them to manual. However some services depends on other services. If you select a service, its description and its dependencies(Services depends on this service and services needed by this service) will be displayed on the right side.
Services are colored depending on the start up type
1. Automatic is Green
2. Automatic delayed is Orange
3. Disabled is Red
4. Manual is Peach
Services are sortable by name or by start up type. To sort the services click on one of the column headers.
13. in the themes part you could integrate themes. The themes are .themepack files downloaded from the net.
In this example I have some themes which I downloaded from Microsoft (link).
14.In the Wallpapers part you could integrate wallpapers. The wallpapers are .jpg or .bmp or .png or .gif files.
15.In the unattended part you could automate Windows setup. Fill in the appropriate information.
Note: If you leave some fields blank, setup might fail.
Note: The computer name should be no more than 15 characters in length. Do not use white spaces nor these characters:
/ \ * , . " @
Also apply these rules to user name. 7customizer will remove these characters when saving autounattend.xml
Note: If you chose skip user and you leave the user name empty, 7Customizer will set the user name to win7user.
Note: If you leave the computer name empty, 7Customizer will set the computer name to win7pc with a random number from 1 to 100 eg win7pc10, win7pc88 ... etc.
16. After you finish just go to the apply tab.
In the apply tab you could choose if you want to create an ISO file immediately after the execution process ends. Just check the option "Create ISO immediately" and enter a label for the ISO file and browse for the folder you want to save your ISO in.
(Optional) Before you start the execution you could save a preset file so you could load it later through the "Preset" menu.
After that click apply to start the execution.
Note: If you want to create an ISO file immediately after finishing the execution, check "Create ISO immediately" option an click apply.
Note: You could hide the execution window (The command window) and just display the done message by selecting the option "hide execution ..."
(Optional) Debug mode is used to pause the execution of the instructions when you apply your changes. This is used to solve problems.
So leave it unchecked.
Note: This will take time depending on what packs you integrate.
After the execution finishes, you will see a message that shows you that everything is done. Now you have a customized Windows 7 installation.
(Optional but highly recommended) Test the ISO in VirtualBox. If you are happy with your customized installation, then you could burn your ISO to a DVD and install it on your machine.
That concludes this guide.
I hope it was helpful for you. If you find bugs post them to the original thread here.
Number of downloads: 1465
This post has been edited by blue4603: 04 October 2011 - 10:41 AM