Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Disable win+space hotkey

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

WishCow

WishCow

• 13 posts
  • Joined 01-March 04
Hey

If someone can answer my question, he/she shall receive my eternal gratitude. I have been looking for this for 2 hours, and I cannot find a solution.

The problem:

I want to use the win+space shortcut for Launchy, but windows wants to steal that from me for some "peek desktop" thingy.
This combination is burned to my fingers like alt+tab is, so I really really don't want to change it. I also use the same combination for Gnome-Do in Ubuntu.
I have read that you can disable all the windows+* key combinations with a registry entry, but I want to keep the win+e win+r win+d shortcuts.

So:
How can I disable only, and only the win+space shortcut? I don't care if I have to turn to dll hacking, registry editing, file deleting, killing someone, whatever, just give me back my win+space.

Edited by WishCow, 06 December 2009 - 10:36 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,404 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04
Autohotkey overriding:
http://www.autohotke...ocs/Hotkeys.htm
http://www.autohotke...sc/Override.htm

Should work.

jaclaz

WishCow

WishCow

• 13 posts
  • Joined 01-March 04
Thank you for the great suggestion, but unfortunately it's not good.
I managed to override the shortcut, but Launchy still says "The hotkey is already in use".

I'll try looking through the docs, maybe I can simulate another key combination.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,404 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Thank you for the great suggestion, but unfortunately it's not good.
I managed to override the shortcut, but Launchy still says "The hotkey is already in use".

I'll try looking through the docs, maybe I can simulate another key combination.

I would try assigning "Launchy" (whatever it is) to that key combination from INSIDE autohotkey....

jaclaz

WishCow

WishCow

• 13 posts
  • Joined 01-March 04
Ha! Managed to get it work with the following:

#space::
Keywait LWin
SendInput ^{Space}

Thank you for the suggestion! I love you!

Edited by WishCow, 06 December 2009 - 02:26 PM.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,404 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

I love you!

:wub:
As long as you won't ask me to marry you, I guess it's allright ;), my wife won't like it, though. :w00t:

:P

jaclaz

HerbCSO

HerbCSO
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10

Ha! Managed to get it work with the following:

#space::
Keywait LWin
SendInput ^{Space}

Thank you for the suggestion! I love you!

Love it, too! ;]

I personally didn't like the fact that this particular script requires me to release the Win key before it sends the Control-Space, so I did the following instead:

#space::SendInput !{Space}

That way Launchy appears immediately (and oh yeah, I use Alt-Space for Launchy instead of Control-Space, although I might change the hotkey for Launchy to something completely bizarre now that I have my beloved Win-Space back!).

Wonderful stuff, I'm so glad I finally found this! ;] Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN