Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Missing "nettuispfp.dll"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

applefarmer

applefarmer
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09
I'm running Windows XP Pro 64 on a Dell Precision 690. At the time of the incident I was using AVG anti-virus.

While browsing the internet using Firefox, I encountered a trojan type error on what looked like an AVG warning screen. I clicked "heal" and the following problem has happened ever since:

I get an error that reads

This application has failed to start because nettuispfp.dll was not found. Re-intalling the application may fix this problem.

This error does not stop Internet explorer and Microsoft Office programs from running, but it blocks Foxpro, Dreamweaver, and some adobe programs from running.

So far, I have placed two premium service calls to AVG and Dell. Their technicians gave up after about an hour.

Plumb Direct was very courteous and worked on the problem for five hours with no luck.

What I want to know is: is there a diagnostic tool that records all the a major events between a mouse click on an application and the generating of the missing dll message? I've been watching the techs try to fix this, and it doesn't seem as though they are able to watch a de-bugging screen that lists the events that take place.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,020 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01

Donator

Process monitor is about as good as you'll get without actually hooking up a kernel debugger remotely from another machine.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users