Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

Andre,

I switched to MS drivers for AHCI and did not see much difference. I forgot to mention that on this laptop I am also using McAfee Endpoint Encryption.

I have uploaded new logs here

Regards,

Sam.

still the same. Writing and reading the hibernation file is slow :(

Can you run a ProcessMonitor trace?

Download it from Sysinternals (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645), start it and capture data. Now put your Windows into hibernation mode and resume again. After resume, stop the trace and save it as PML file. Compress this PML file and upload it.

Hi. I have a problem with sleep. My box can sleep, but as soon as it wakes up, it either reboot with an error or BSOD. I tried to run the sleep+resume trace but it just sleep and never resume. Then I woke it up manually and problems came again. I checked the TEMP folder which now includes 3 files of 0KB (i guess nothing has been recorded).

My laptop is a ASUS model, core 2 duo, 8GB ram, running win7 x64.

Thank you very much.

// this is what i got after all. hope it useful :(

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22758366/TEMP.rar

Edited by iu1nguoi

Hi. I have a problem with sleep. My box can sleep, but as soon as it wakes up, it either reboot with an error or BSOD.

post the error message or attach the dumps (from folder C:\Windows\Minidump).

Hi Andre, Any update on review of PML file?

it doesn't really show me any information that could help :(

Does it also happen when you run Windows without any 3rd party tools (clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 )?

Hi. I have a problem with sleep. My box can sleep, but as soon as it wakes up, it either reboot with an error or BSOD.

post the error message or attach the dumps (from folder C:\Windows\Minidump).

by error, i mean it crashes.

i don't know why i cannot generate minidump. i set in in startup&recovery but nothing happens

Andre,

After disabling services in msconfig, resume after hibernate is taking about 90 to 100 seconds, compare to over 180 seconds. This definitely an improvement. Not ideal but with your help resume is less than 1/2 the time. I can live with that. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sam.

i don't know why i cannot generate minidump. i set in in startup&recovery but nothing happens

how large is your pagefile? Do you see a file called Memory.dmp in C:\Windows?

After disabling services in msconfig, resume after hibernate is taking about 90 to 100 seconds, compare to over 180 seconds. This definitely an improvement. Not ideal but with your help resume is less than 1/2 the time. I can live with that. Thanks for all your help.

this is still too slow. Do you use the latest Firmware?

i set my pagefile to 1024mb. I don't see that file either

this is still too slow. Do you use the latest Firmware?

Yes, I am on the latest SSD formware from Crucial and on the latest BIOS from Dell. Is there anything I need to check, please let me know.

Regards,

Sam.