Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

hi

I really understand you and appreciate you. but as you see I'm from iran and here it is impossible to find a genuine copy of microsoft products because of governmental problems.Believe if I had a chance to get an original copy of office 2010, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

But as you know I can't impose on you to do what you don't really want to and it's against your principals.

If you do me a favor and make an exception for me I will be very thankful.

Edited by smartbuy63

Today I reinstalled my windows 7 but with a subtle difference, this time i changed raid controller from marvell to ich10 and i installed everything like before every driver programs and so on but nothing went wrong. so I infer that the mischievous was the controller itself although i had installed the latest marvell driver so I really recommend those suffering from problems like mine not only check software side but also hardware side of the matter

thanks for your co-operation

MagicAndre -- Could you please help me? I tried to create boot and shutdown trace but my laptop got stuck and I had to power-down and power-up again. Please check the trace files and let me know what I need to do?

These are the commands I used:

For Boot Trace

xbootmgr -trace boot -traceFlags BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER -resultPath C:\TEMP<BR itxtNodeId="479"><BR itxtNodeId="478">

For shutdown tracing:

xbootmgr -trace shutdown -noPrepReboot -traceFlags BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER -resultPath C:\TEMP<BR itxtNodeId="475">

I have zipped and uploaded the files here:<BR itxtNodeId="474">http://www.mediafire...ERS+POWER_1.zip

thanks!

Edited by handyman

Magic Andre -- I have uploaded the boot trace and also the xbootmgr log file. I don't know if this one completed successfully. I have removed some unwanted programs related to Nikon, Skype etc.... but others I don't know if I need them, please help understand what these files do or list the ones you think are junk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wu50r7xmx01onqr

One more thing, I installed wpt_x64.msi and after executing the below command, just before machine reboot I get two options: 1. Launch Windows Repair 2. Start Windows normally. Even after selecting option 2, it won't reboot and it comes back and shows the same two options. Do you think I have some missing files or is wpt is causing some corruption in my machine?

xbootmgr -trace boot -traceFlags BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER -resultPath C:\TEMP

thanks.

Edited by handyman

remove the DRIVERS from the command line. You got a BSOD. I reported this to MS and they investigate it. If I get any news I update the first post.

the boottrace is still incomplete. The km um files are temp files which are merged into 1 file:

boot_BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER_1.etl

I need this file.

Hi

My boot issues do not occur consistently every time, it periodically occurs in booting from start-up and / or sleep.

How can I run the trace such that it creates a log every time, so that when my issue does occur, it can be logged?

Hi MagicAndre1981 :hello:

OK! I have asked you this before, but didn't get a reply....I have done a new trace on a customer's computer and ran this code to test the hiberate...

xbootmgr -trace hibernate -traceFlags BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER -resultPath C:\TEMP

My question is how do I get to see the xml print out that you show?

You show this code:

To start create a summary xml file, run this command (replace the name with the name of your etl file)

xperf /tti -i boot_BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER_1.etl -o summary_boot.xml -a boot

What would I run with the code for my hibernate?

Thanks

bookie32

Hi MagicAndre1981!

I did do a search for previous info, but like you say....nothing...LOL

You don't need to apologize...I am just grateful for your help :angel

I will post some info as soon as I get a mo...

If I am to remove procuct key info etc - how do I find that info?

Thanks as always!

bookie32

Hi MagicAndre1981

I should explain the situation...

Have a customer who left his computer several hours one day and on coming back to the computer couldn't wake it. When he came to me with it I was forced to zero the bios, because the computer would start...stop...start...stop etc

After setting the bios to default - Windows 7 started from hibernate and everything was OK....We updated the bios a while ago, so I presume it is todo with Windows.....He has corded mouse, corded keyboard, two printers and an extern drive connected to the computer....Can't see that any of them would cause the problem...

Anyway, I created the xml and included it on Skydrive for you. If you want you can post the contents of the xml - and show me if there is anything strange there.......

You are looking at the hibernate trace in Skydrive....

If we need to run a different trace.....no problems!

I actually tested the hibernate yesterday ...leaving the computer several hours, but I didn't have any trouble waking it....

bookie32

Edited by bookie32