How to speed up boot process under Windows Vista or Windows 7

Could you take a look at my log?

I saw the improvement but a full 45s seems long enough compared to my 32-bits, same softwares loading at the startup.

Thank you.

the issue is your Marvell 61xx RAID Controller:

- <phase name="bootStart" startTime="28" endTime="13776" duration="13748">
<pnpObject name="PCI\VEN_11AB+DEV_6121+SUBSYS_82A21043+REV_B2\4+1ad356c7+0+00E4" type="Device" activity="Enum" startTime="5886" endTime="12169" duration="6283" prePendTime="0" description="Marvell 61xx RAID Controller" friendlyName="" />
<pnpObject name="PCI\VEN_11AB+DEV_6121+SUBSYS_82A21043+REV_B2\4+1ad356c7+0+00E4" type="Device" activity="Start" startTime="2851" endTime="5885" duration="3033" prePendTime="3033" description="Marvell 61xx RAID Controller" friendlyName="" />

it takes 9s to enumerate the connected devices. Because of this the PreSMSS phase takes 16s. Update the drivers, please. Which devices do you connect to the Marvel Controller?

Also starting all programs at startup takes 10s.

Would you mind analyzing my summary report and making recommendations to speed up my boot time?

Regards

the WinLogonInit takes tooo long:

<interval name="WinlogonInit" startTime="28142" endTime="1421495" duration="1393353">

I can see that the services start slowly:

- <services autoStartStartTime="38746" autoStartEndTime="200063" autoStartDuration="161317">

I can see that the VPNservice takes 11s to start:

<serviceTransition name="vpnagent" group="TDI" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="11953"

the CarboniteService takes 9 s to start:

serviceTransition name="CarboniteService" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="8911"

the .net 3.0 Fontache service takes long to start:

serviceTransition name="FontCache3.0.0.0" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="15376"

But this service is taking 2 minutes to start:

serviceTransition name="hpqddsvc" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="119265" firstCheckpointTimeDelta="130" processingTimeDelta="119135" container="hpdevmgmt svchost (2664)"

it looks like a HP service.

To see more details, make afull boot trace and compress the boot_BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER_1.etl as 7z or RAR and upload it to mediafire.com and post a link here.

André

Andre:

I ended up removing alot of software that I don't need anymore and ran another optimization. See below for the new summaries:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3y6rvz87djrxddf

http://www.mediafire.com/?5o5go65o69nkn78

Here is a full boot trace made after the optimization above:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hg4c8mtmv8b1u2

Thank you for your assistance,

Hebram

your HDD is busy all the time. Do you connect the HDD to the marvel chip?

you still have a lot of tools/services running (Lenovo tools, Windows Home Server tools, HP driver tools, Intel tools, Acrobat speedstart, JAVA Updater, Windows Live Messenger). Reduce the number much more

your HDD is busy all the time. Do you connect the HDD to the marvel chip?

you still have a lot of tools/services running (Lenovo tools, Windows Home Server tools, HP driver tools, Intel tools, Acrobat speedstart, JAVA Updater, Windows Live Messenger). Reduce the number much more

This is a Lenovo laptop. The HDD is connected to an onboard Intel 5 Series 6 SATA controller.

I will try to reduce the number of tools and post another summary.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hebram

ok, the marvel was the other user.

remove all unneeded software from startup with AutoRuns.

Here are my latest results after cleaning up more software.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j5psvcx5829yxkx

[http://www.mediafire.com/?x3v50elr03qcc2c

Even with a 59 sec boot, there still seems room for improvement. Any suggestions? (Edit: I neglected to subtract the postBootRequiredIdleTime of 10 seconds. That would put me at a 49 second boot. Is this about the best I can expect?)

Hebram

Edited by Hebram

the issue is your Marvell 61xx RAID Controller:

- <phase name="bootStart" startTime="28" endTime="13776" duration="13748">
<pnpObject name="PCI\VEN_11AB+DEV_6121+SUBSYS_82A21043+REV_B2\4+1ad356c7+0+00E4" type="Device" activity="Enum" startTime="5886" endTime="12169" duration="6283" prePendTime="0" description="Marvell 61xx RAID Controller" friendlyName="" />
<pnpObject name="PCI\VEN_11AB+DEV_6121+SUBSYS_82A21043+REV_B2\4+1ad356c7+0+00E4" type="Device" activity="Start" startTime="2851" endTime="5885" duration="3033" prePendTime="3033" description="Marvell 61xx RAID Controller" friendlyName="" />

it takes 9s to enumerate the connected devices. Because of this the PreSMSS phase takes 16s. Update the drivers, please. Which devices do you connect to the Marvel Controller?

Also starting all programs at startup takes 10s.

I did install the lastest Marvell driver when I installed this Windows.

However, I don't use RAID (only one HDD). Should I just disable it?

Also, the startup programs are all necessary for me at the startup, alas I need to deal with this 10s delay.

I neglected to subtract the postBootRequiredIdleTime of 10 seconds. That would put me at a 49 second boot. Is this about the best I can expect?)

if you really need all tools at startup this is the best time you can get because the startup tools delay your boot for 20s:

postBootDisturbance="20200"

I did install the lastest Marvell driver when I installed this Windows.

However, I don't use RAID (only one HDD). Should I just disable it?

Also, the startup programs are all necessary for me at the startup, alas I need to deal with this 10s delay.

If you don't connect devices to the Marvel chip, disable it.