How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

Hello guys,

(first of all sry for my English) i have the same problem here, high latency, when im using the internet. Until i'm using my comp offline there isn't problems, after i connect n try to download something, or turn on the uTorrent, spikes are comming. I tried almost everyting, new windows, new drivers, (Bios, chipset, lan...), i got a new lancard also. When installed it first time, it goes very well, but after a restart spikes appear again.

I downloaded that LatencyMon, and it says the problem is whit raspppoe.sys ! But i dont know what to do whit it, i tried to replace it, but it is protected and i cant change that.

lessdpc_latencychecker.jpg

highdpc_latencychecker.jpg

highdpc_latencymon.jpg

This is really annoying now...

What should i do?

edit: opened up an application and it spiked, so i sent you a report from that too, z & z1

I can't see DPC spikes in the Z version. in the z1, the is 1 small TCPIP.sys spike.

Total = 326 for module tcpip.sys

Elapsed Time, > 512 usecs AND <= 1024 usecs, 2, or 0.61%

Elapsed Time, > 1024 usecs AND <= 2048 usecs, 1, or 0.31%

Total, 326

Which power plan do you use in Windows? I can see some PPM calls from the kernel and this indicates Power saving calls are done.

Edited by MagicAndre1981

I downloaded that LatencyMon, and it says the problem is whit raspppoe.sys ! But i dont know what to do whit it, i tried to replace it, but it is protected and i cant change that.

highdpc_latencymon.jpg

How do you connect to the internet?

Do you really need RASPPPoE?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RASPPPoE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol_over_Ethernet

highdpc_latencymon.jpg

How do you connect to the internet?

Do you really need RASPPPoE?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RASPPPoE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol_over_Ethernet

Im using a CableLan, n connect whit a wired modem, and im using the dial up all the time when im connecting to the internet.

Rasppoe.sys is a system file isnt it?

Should i try a wireless router whit a wireless lancard or wireless usb adapter?

Btw, the problem is appear when i'm downloading, using utorrent, but when im just simple surfing, there is not that high dpc latency, or 1 sec freeze or didnt notice yet :]

Which power plan do you use in Windows? I can see some PPM calls from the kernel and this indicates Power saving calls are done.

i have everything set to maximum performance, with all the CPU/USB/PCI power savings set to disabled, also, the CPU is set to never idle due to the whistle noise

Im using a CableLan, n connect whit a wired modem, and im using the dial up all the time when im connecting to the internet.

Rasppoe.sys is a system file isnt it?

Btw, the problem is appear when i'm downloading, using utorrent, but when im just simple surfing, there is not that high dpc latency, or 1 sec freeze or didnt notice yet :]

this explains why it happens. This driver does the RAS Dialup over LAN.

Should i try a wireless router whit a wireless lancard or wireless usb adapter?

If you have a wireles router use it. I'm also using a router and use WLAN and I have no issues.

i have everything set to maximum performance, with all the CPU/USB/PCI power savings set to disabled, also, the CPU is set to never idle due to the whistle noise

in this case something else hangs.

Run this command it adds some hang tracing:

xperf -on latency+DISPATCHER+POWER -stackwalk Profile+CSWITCH+ReadyThread -Buffersize 1024 -MaxFile 512 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d Wait_trace.etl

Zip the generated file and send it to me.

Sweet I Got the link https://www.dropbox....C_Interrupt.zip hope this is right again thank u for the help

You have ACPI.sys DPC issues. This often indicates CPU temperature issues. Update the BIOS, clean the CPU cooler from dust, reset the Windows powerplan options. Does this help?

Ok so i went to update the bios and my laptop shut off at the end of the flash and update i lost my windows and had to re install it i then took the laptop apart cleaned the dust and am currently installing the drivers and everything as we speek so far no issues thanks a million i will be in touch if any issues arise i think it was the dust as far as resetting the power plan i havent done anything with it Thnks a Again Life saver

Today i went to my friend and i tried the router, but there was the same result. We tried almost everyting, but nothing change. Then we deleted the OS, and update the SSD firmware. Now i have almost the same problem. Almost. Still i have high latency, but only the freezes are gone. I dont know it can be "normal" or not.

dpc_high.jpg

At this picture im doing several things at the same time. Downloading, around 950 Kb/s, watching a film, chating whit my friend, and installing AVG. That 2 high red result made after i started to install AVG. Then high latency gone again. Can it be normal? Or this is still a problem. As i told, the freeze are gone.

Edit: i dont know why did not load my image :D there here is the link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/78zjmpoi45bw58g/dpc_high.jpg

UPDATE: to bad, but already had a sound freeze, but also when i installed a program.

Edited by lofagi

andre, just finished reinstalling windows on a clean SSD, this is using the network card from before, with everything else the same, the video card drivers, pci position etc

sent you the file, it seems to be a lot better now so hopefully this will look clean, thanks a lot :D

Sweet I Got the link https://www.dropbox....C_Interrupt.zip hope this is right again thank u for the help

You have ACPI.sys DPC issues. This often indicates CPU temperature issues. Update the BIOS, clean the CPU cooler from dust, reset the Windows powerplan options. Does this help?

Ok so i went to update the bios and my laptop shut off at the end of the flash and update i lost my windows and had to re install it i then took the laptop apart cleaned the dust and am currently installing the drivers and everything as we speek so far no issues thanks a million i will be in touch if any issues arise i think it was the dust as far as resetting the power plan i havent done anything with it Thnks a Again Life saver

Ok So Day 3 and i am having the same issues with the ACPI.sys i ran the steps u said in your guid and in the DPC CPU Usage summary table i see the ACPI.sys as being the Highest spike i updated the bios and took it apart cleaned all the dust i have not however set the power plan how do i go about doing this i do not know what to set it to as far as dim display turn off display put computer to sleep ect allso not sure if this is related but i also get the sound glitches while playing my game again thanks for the help i am also putting the DPC_ inturrept etl in the link for u to review just in case https://www.dropbox.com/s/l13cjl46gheeb98/DPC_Interrupt.zip