How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

Sorry, yeah i wasn't having issues because it was a fresh reboot. My computer has been on and i am experiencing crackling sound at the moment. I might consider getting a copy of windows 8 and see if that helps, but i still think it's hardware related.

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/66911700/file.html

Password:

MSFN567

Since i'm experiencing the problems on a fresh install with barebone drivers, power management completely off (in BIOS and everything maxed in windows), wouldn't that be likely?

I've experimented with different types of graphics cards, standard vga drivers, various amounts of chipset updates, bios update, single hard drive and graphics card only, different slots for the graphics cards..

I'm going to run a memtest for the whole night tonight just to see if that could be it, though unlikely since everything runs perfectly otherwise. It's a long shot but i'm completely out of ideas.

I've also tried the integrated sound card and another external sound card, both which caused crackling. It seems to have become "better" after intensive searching for the past few weeks and fiddling around with different settings.

I've also tried different usb ports but again, no change.

Could fans cause interruptions? it's the only thing i didn't disconnect. I have a powerful PSU and a full tower case with lots of fans.

I can see that the usbport.sys causes some CPU usage:

--------------------------
DPC Info

CPU Usage Summing By Module For the Whole Trace

CPU Usage from 0 us to 49781250 us:

CPU 0 Usage, CPU 1 Usage,
usec %, usec %, Module
2423690 4.87, 2444616 4.91, USBPORT.SYS

Have you installed the latest "Komplete Audio 6" drivers?

I can see that the usbport.sys causes some CPU usage:

DPC Info

CPU Usage Summing By Module For the Whole Trace

CPU Usage from 0 us to 49781250 us:

CPU 0 Usage, CPU 1 Usage,
usec %, usec %, Module
2423690 4.87, 2444616 4.91, USBPORT.SYS

Have you installed the latest "Komplete Audio 6" drivers?

I have tried 3.0.2 (which was the original driver on the cd), 3.0.3 and 3.1.0. I can't find any earlier drivers though.

I'm also not sure if it completely removes the driver when uninstalling through add/remove programs.

Still, without the external sound card installed and fresh windows 7 installation, latencymon would pick up spikes. I haven't tried using xperf there though but if you want i could shut down, insert the other hard drive with the fresh install and create a .etl file as well.

EDIT:

Would using latencymon in safe mode report spikes? Seeing as it only loads the barebones drivers? I could try checking that out as well.

Thanks for the effort!

Edited by accela

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with ACPI.sys. It makes games that usually run smoothly, stutter like crazy. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

acpi.png

Edited by MarkcusD

the ACPI is only called because the CPU temperature is too high. Try Speedfan and try to change the speed of your CPU fan:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Does this improve the situation?

Hello Andre,

I installed Speedfan but not really sure if it's working properly here.. From what I remember there used to be individual controls for fans, the only thing I can see here is temperature display..

post-375048-0-15603200-1362949383_thumb.

don't open the kernel.etl. Open the DPC_interrupt.etl. Also enable the stack column and load the debug symbols.

Ok I think this is correct. There was no "stack" column option that I could find.

dpcitn.png

This seems to have been an issue with my video card. I noticed the temp was high when doing nothing (79c) so I changed to a single display instead of dual and the temp dropped to around 50c in a few minutes. I haven't had this issue since-not even when playing games. Gtx 570 by the way. Maybe it's on it's way out.