How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

i just did update on my nforce network controller,, now it became nvidia nforce 10/100 mbps etherner....and my cpu usage is now around 60-70% w/ game app opened.... is that normal percentage?

upload the ETL file

Strangely, after installing the Net Framework 4.5 and the Performance Toolkit, it didn't automatically add the path so I had to add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit" manually so that I could run xperf without having to go into that directory each time.

Then I got this

C:\Windows>xperf -on latency -stackwalk profile -buffersize 1024 -MaxFile 256 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d DPC_Interrupt.etl

xperf: warning: This system is not fully configured for x64 stack tracing.
Please modify the registry under:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

and set the value:

DisablePagingExecutive (REG_DWORD) = 1

Then reboot before retrying tracing.

Note: Tracing has been enabled, this is just a warning.
xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (0xb7).

I don't recall either of these problems before but maybe I already had DisablePagingExecutive set then. I fixed the "cannot create file" with "xperf -stop" although I'm not sure why it happened when this was the first time I'd run xperf since installing it. I got it to start after that but then when I pressed a key to make the file I got

Press any key to continue ...
xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: The instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a WMI data provider. (0x1069).

but then I tried again and it's worked on several runs now so it looks like that was just a first time glitch.

update the BIOS to 5206 and try to use the GPU in the 2nd PCIe x16 slot (no matter what is written in the manual). if you don't play games, you can also remvoe the 9800 completely and use the HD7540d which is included in the AMD CPU.

I've updated the BIOS and ran a trace. I sent you a link with my trace in a PM.

The BIOS update doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

i just did update on my nforce network controller,, now it became nvidia nforce 10/100 mbps etherner....and my cpu usage is now around 60-70% w/ game app opened.... is that normal percentage?

Do you have glitches?

yeah, you have again spikes:

Total = 7117 for module tcpip.sys
Elapsed Time, > 4096 usecs AND <= 8192 usecs, 0, or 0.00%
Elapsed Time, > 8192 usecs AND <= 16384 usecs, 8, or 0.11%
Total, 7117

Have you tried it without the discrete GPU?

Total, 7117

Do you mean moving the card around? I need the GeForce for the games I play. The onboard video is of no use for games.

Total, 7117

Do you mean moving the card around? I need the GeForce for the games I play. The onboard video is of no use for games.

yeah!! i tried it w/ nvidia graphics card installed...

only tst it without the discrete GPU. Do you still have issues or not?

this reply was not for you. Does updating the nvidia network driver fixes it or not?

this reply was not for you. Does updating the nvidia network driver fixes it or not?

sorry!!! i did not try it yet!!! if i will downgrade my OS to windows xp... can this be fixed??

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "discrete GPU." Is this referring to the GeForce card?

i have high dpc on a fresh install it gets to the point i cannot move my mouse or scroll a webpage

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 115.437578

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.038439

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 6753.189634

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.072144

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.river with highest ISR total time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

ive tried changing my hd drivers/ disconnecting all drives and using a known good drive

please help

sabertooth 990fx

amd 8350

nvidia 660ti

4x4 corsair 1333mhz

corsair tx750 v2

crucial m4 128 gig ssd

Edited by haterz111

amd catalyst sata drivers 0.331 and the one before that both give same issue ii keep getting big spikes when anything accesses my drives like win updates

this is my latest 51 minutes

this is idle with sleep function enabled and monitor turning off

but my pc just kept waking up as soon as it fell asleep

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 2332.491154

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: hal.dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.011788

Driver with highest ISR total time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.02860

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 320202.434089

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ntoskrnl.exe - NT Kernel & System, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.062856

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

this is a brand new retail copy of windows 7 x64 with sp1

ive been struggling with this for months

ive even just changed every single part with known good ones

even the motherboard

it must be software related

i remember i used to use scsiport.sys for my ssd

but now i see its storport

cant i change it back somehow

i suspect a conflict

find attached a copy of my system info

mypc.rar

edit : and ive already tested all my drives no issues found with chkdisk or hitachi diagnostics seatools and also most of the time was running with just 1 drive

i notice that 24mbs is constant with latencymon on my disk and when i access my disk from another tool or software

i get a spike

but my mouse stops working randomly

and my graphics stutter

ive also tested my memory with both memtest x86+ and windows diagnostic tool for 10 hours each no errors

i feel like pulling my hair out

Edited by haterz111

i just added jmicron driver and a newer catalyst driver for my sata ports version 1.2.1.337

just got 2 beeps while trying to connect remotely to my pc and my mouse stopped responding

Edited by haterz111