How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

i added the driver i was using previously

i tried to do the performance trace but when i went to turn it off it said could find the file specified i was typing it correctly and it worked once

im going to memtest again my eventlog is full

and yesterday my pc didnt boot it stalled at graphics card and wouldnt post and it beeped 3 short beeps taking 2 ramsticks out fixed it

changed the motherboard for an asus m5a99xevo the problem still occurs

i will try again to do a trace

12.29 edit:-

performance analyzer noticed that 204 events and 0 buffers were lost in this trace

this is usually caused by insufficient disk bandwidth????

please increasde miminum and maximum buffers?

i made a text but nothing is in that txt

something weird happened i rebooted and when os came back it was everything i had opened when i turned it the machine off (this has happened before

hibernate is off

Edited by haterz111

today everytime i installed something i got massive spikes from either msahci or any amd driver i used also even in ide mode

sometime ago i beleive i tested with a mechanical disk as the boot drive

and figured because i was still getting latency that it cant be my ssd

but this is not true and today i doubted it

because a mechanical drive has its own latency problems

i did a checkdisk found no errors on my ssd

looked in diskinfo disk shows good 98%

used hdtune and i saw WARNING ultra dma errors 55

i already tried different ports and different cables

when inspecting my drive the controller was loose on the ssd

and with the added weight of being plugged in and being with 2 spinning disks was obviously disconnecting on and off

i have sent a rma and it will be replaced as i sent print screens to manufacturer

thankyou for your help magic

interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 25457.510603

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 4.834922

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 446.488711

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.754637

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MEASURED SMI, IPI AND CPU STALLS

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The SMI, IPI and CPU stalls value represents the highest measured interval that a CPU did not respond while having its maskable interrupts disabled.

Highest measured SMI or CPU stall (µs) 19.135230

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 170.976576

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.043450

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.080301

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 689014

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 440.431846

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 314.22 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.063275

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.193364

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 3568895

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 18

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

this is while running a benchmark

when i received that latency i couldnt type in google chrome

im using a mechanical drive

at the time i was running a benchmark on my whole system 50% load

is this anything to worry about

HP Support < Microsoft Support < other forums < anonymous group < GOD < MagicAndre...

You r absolutly the only guy i saw solving this problem in the right way. and note it exists since 2007 or smth. Do u mind if i start to post this link in other forums?? ther r ppl out there getting srsly mad with this s***

I am having this prob time to time. will post infos soon as i get it. thank you in advance

First I just want to thank you. I've read through this and several other threads you have going on this issue and have learned more in the last couple of days about my computer than the last few years.

I'm hoping you can fix my issue too. I have the same CPU spikes that many people here are getting. I reinstalled windows 7 and updated every possible driver via the manufacturer website rather than letting windows do it and still have the issue. I've turned on max performance on both my GPU and CPU.

Here are my logs:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nkewx3sckksw4o7

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cuza6gkddmrxt0s

My specs (if you even need them)

Intel Core i5-3570

8.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

EVGA 660ti 2GB SC

120GB ADATA SSD

2TB HDD

Do u mind if i start to post this link in other forums??

post the link where ever you want so that a lot of users can solve their issues.

First I just want to thank you. I've read through this and several other threads you have going on this issue and have learned more in the last couple of days about my computer than the last few years.

I'm hoping you can fix my issue too. I have the same CPU spikes that many people here are getting. I reinstalled windows 7 and updated every possible driver via the manufacturer website rather than letting windows do it and still have the issue. I've turned on max performance on both my GPU and CPU.

the files you posted are useless. You've used Latencymon the same time and so the file is damaged.

Do u mind if i start to post this link in other forums??

post the link where ever you want so that a lot of users can solve their issues.

the files you posted are useless. You've used Latencymon the same time and so the file is damaged.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that latencymon would mess with the results. Do I just need to run xperf with just dpc latency checker or with nothing running at all?

here i am again with 1 core always beating the 100 % -> 50 % of CPU

HP dv6675ep

ntel® Core 2 Duo T7500 - 2, 20 GHz

System Bus

800 MHz

4096 MB (2 x 2048 MB)

Disco Rígido320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

Wireless i802. 11a/b/g

Bluetooth®

Rede ethernet 10/100BT

NVIDIA® GeForce 8400M GS

My ETL

lat1j.png

lat2j.png

Did i post the necessary files? sorry but im a noob on this things.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by joaomolina

Do I just need to run xperf with just dpc latency checker or with nothing running at all?

run xperf without any other DPC tool.

Did i post the necessary files? sorry but im a noob on this things.

you've posted the kernel.etl. I need the DPC_interrupt.etl file which is stored in the folder where you run the commands.