How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

Alright good news, I think! I managed to get a USB keyboard and mouse and the audio crackle I used to get from my PS/2 keyboard is gone completely!

However, I checked the DPC latency to make sure it was all gone but now it seems that ndis.sys and USBPORT.SYS are spiking, up to about 4.5% CPU usage. Is this something that needs fixing or is everything normal now?

If so, then the only downside is that I have to get used to this new keyboard. Oh well, much better than the alternative. Thank you so much for all your help, you're a godsend.

Edit: I noticed some clicking while I was watching some HD videos on youtube so I checked my DPC latency out while watching. It seems my USBPORT.SYS is spiking up to %10 CPU usage. Is there a way to fix this aswell?

Edited by ZodiacFlop

I am also using a keyboard and mouse with a PS/2 plug so I know that the drivers for these are causing the problems.

Going to try an USB/Keyboard mouse asap to see if this changes...

ok, do this.

Alright good news, I think! I managed to get a USB keyboard and mouse and the audio crackle I used to get from my PS/2 keyboard is gone completely!

nice to hear this :thumbup

Edit: I noticed some clicking while I was watching some HD videos on youtube so I checked my DPC latency out while watching. It seems my USBPORT.SYS is spiking up to %10 CPU usage. Is there a way to fix this aswell?

in this case it is caused by the USB mouse/keyboard. Run latencymon and look what the highest spike is. Is it still green? If yes, it is ok and you can ignore it.

If you look at CPU time while just listening to music or watching video with an audio stream, do you see any cpu usage in any particular process? The spikes are coming from the keyboard filter, but the DPC and interrupts are tracking back to the HD audio driver - what driver is installed on your system for audio?

Bought a keyboard and mouse with USB input and the problem seems to be gone.

Thanks very much!

I have a Reatelk HD audio drivers.

I've considered buying a new sound card but don't know if this would fix the problem

Edited by Illisvyel

http://www.mediafire.com/?z7d9wgsifb3cmh8

Here is my .etl

My problem is with my Tascam US-122 mkII usb audio interface. When I connect it to my laptop my processor usually goes to around 5% because of system interrupts and when I use it as my sound card to play music through I get spikes that go to around 20% every few seconds. The interface used to work perfectly and I can't remember what I did that might have caused it to start acting like this. Im using an HP pavilion dv6-2116ea. I took the .etl while playing music through it so the spikes should be obvious.

I can see that the EHCI_Get32BitFrameNumber function from the USBEHCI.sys causes some CPU usage. Your Version is the Windows 7 RTM Version: "USBEHCI.sys", "6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)" but you use the Windows 7 Sp1.

You run into this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2529073/en-us

Please check Windows Update and install this missing update.

The hugest spikes are only 512 µsecs and they happen only rarely. So you should see no delays or other sound issues.

Edited by MagicAndre1981

The more serious problems come when I am using ableton or other music software and asking the tascam to do a lot more work than just playing back an mp3, in which case the processor normally goes to 100% and sound cuts out or lags.

I read through that link but I am not sure which files I should be downloading. Should I just search MS download center for Usbccgp.sys and Usbhub.sys and install whatever it gives me? It said something about a global hotfix file but I didn't see a link or file name.